How To Dispute A Charge After Cruise?

How do I dispute a charge after the cruise and after my credit card payment was completed.  It took me a while to get a copy of my bill, 2 emails and finally a phone call that resulted in my copy.  On the ship was told that an email with charges would be sent within 3 days (that never happened).  So now is it over a month since my cruise and I'm still dealing with trying to get this issue resolved.  Any advice?

I don't know what your dispute is, but on 2 separate cruises they charged me for the beach towel and I called their CS department and they quickly took care of it and refunded the charge. 

You can also dispute it with your credit card company even though the charge posted and cleared. But, I would try RC direct first. 

41 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

How do I dispute a charge after the cruise and after my credit card payment was completed.  It took me a while to get a copy of my bill, 2 emails and finally a phone call that resulted in my copy.  On the ship was told that an email with charges would be sent within 3 days (that never happened).  So now is it over a month since my cruise and I'm still dealing with trying to get this issue resolved.  Any advice?

I would write and explain first to mbayley@rccl.com.. if you just dispute a small charge your credit card writes it off or if bigger writes to rcl. I did disputes with amex. If rcl gets a charge back usually that card will be blocked for future use with rcl if they disagreed. It's not true getting a charge reversed closes the issue with the merchant. 

Try asking the vp office and explaining it first is best imo. 

5 hours ago, jcarter4551 said:

I don't know what your dispute is, but on 2 separate cruises they charged me for the beach towel and I called their CS department and they quickly took care of it and refunded the charge. 

You can also dispute it with your credit card company even though the charge posted and cleared. But, I would try RC direct first. 

$95 overcharge in Spa

10 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Could that have been the service charge?  Do you have the receipt you signed? 

This is the second post on this topic

she was charged the “service charge” and told it was not gratuity, then she paid gratuity on top of that 

Nothing to dispute really

• Like 1

9 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This is the Pysecond post on this topic

she was charged the “service charge” and told it was not gratuity, then she paid gratuity on top of that 

Nothing to dispute really

I was asking "how to dispute" as I have the two receipts and I did have only two treatments. A $95 charge from spa is listed on my account for??

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Before sending an e mail to the president you should try through normal channels first at Royalguestrelations@rccl.com or call post cruise customer service at 1 800 256 6649

Thank you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Before sending an e mail to the president you should try through normal channels first at Royalguestrelations@rccl.com or call post cruise customer service at 1 800 256 6649

I agree with Ken. We were charged the wrong price for an item we purchased onboard and I sent a polite email along with a picture of the item and the receipt showing the incorrect charge and they emailed back in a few days, and are refunding our C/C. Thats the email address I used. 

Edited by lovesthebeach2
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, silversneakers said:

I was asking "how to dispute" as I have the two receipts and I did have only two treatments. A $95 charge from spa is listed on my account for??

You call your credit card company to dispute the charge once it's actually been billed to you. Cant dispute until you are actually billed and it's been thru the complete billing cycle so its billed to your card. Mlre than likely they would write it off which affects your numerical value with the cc. They have a cut off value where they have decided it's not worth the salaries of people to write to the merchant, wait the number of days for them to reply and all that stuff. Probably around $100. That's why above I asked how much you are disputing.

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

You call your credit card company to dispute the charge once it's actually been billed to you. Cant dispute until you are actually billed and it's been thru the complete billing cycle so its billed to your card. Mlre than likely they would write it off which affects your numerical value with the cc. They have a cut off value where they have decided it's not worth the salaries of people to write to the merchant, wait the number of days for them to reply and all that stuff. Probably around $100. That's why above I asked how much you are disputing.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

But, as another poster stated, if you dispute a charge with your CC, and Royal gets a chargeback, theres a chance they refuse to allow you to book future cruises. Going through the CC is the last resort, and only if you don't care if you go on another cruise with them. 

On 2/15/2024 at 12:58 PM, silversneakers said:

You had full access to your bill on the ship. You needed to resolve the charge on the ship. 

A CC dispute accuses the vendor of a criminal act. 

How sure are you that it is an overcharge versus you not understanding the total cost of the spa treatment including automatic gratuity?  

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You had full access to your bill on the ship. You needed to resolve the charge on the ship. 

How sure are you that it is an overcharge versus you not understanding the total cost of the spa treatment including automatic gratuity?  

1 minute ago, silversneakers said:
10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Guest Services onboard said I would receive an email copy of my account within 3 days...that never happened.

Two separate emails with nice "auto" response but again, no copy of account.

Finally phone call to RCL resulted in email copy of onboard account (handled very professionally by agent).

Spa charges are questioned because I was given two treatments as a birthday gift so I did not purchase directly and I did not have the receipts (but now I have obtained them from the gift givers)

Contacted RCCL and again, two very nice agents that each transferred me to another number where I was finally told that I needed to email the spa directly for any questions relating to the charges in questions. I have done that and received a very nice auto response. Hopefully they will be able to resolve.