Excitement is Hitting

ScottC4746

I just made my final payment today for my 30May cruise to Alaska.  Excitement is mounting.  Lot's of sleepless nights due to the excitement.

Anyone else get like this when they do their final payment?

• Like 6

Good for You!. 😍after 40+ cruises I can't claim Excitement but most defiantly say I AM looking forward to All the things I Love about being on a Celebrity cruise.

I do think about my Next X cruise a Lot while killing time at home.

I have done 2 in January with my DW and have 5 more booked in 2024 and more booked for 2025.

We have a TA booked on Equinox a full 14 months away with a 6 week road trip in Europe after, followed by another TA return trip back to the US also already booked.  I can’t really reserve anything else this far out and it is killing me to not be able to make plans.  I have a large wall map of Spain/Portugal and Southern France mounted on Foam board on my dining room wall, all dotted with multi-colored pushpins of places we’d like to go during our road trip.  The latest edition to our dining room “wall art” is a blank, dry erase 24 x 36 wall calendar.  To assuage my frustration, my husband suggested this so that beginning with this April (that will be one year prior to the start of our trip) on each day of the month we can fill in where we think we will be and what we would like to do on that day. (This will give me lots of opportunities to research each town’s hotels, restaurants, bike rentals for me, accessible trails for him, potential hair salons, local attractions, etc).  We can do the same thing for each day on the ship, particularly with planning specialty restaurants, or our special retirement dinner (that day will earn a trip to the salon), theater shows, and the few port stops we will have. If I haven’t said it before, I just really think my DH is a genius.  Now I am excited for this April to get her so I can start fleshing out the calendar.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think I get more excited at 45 days prior to the cruise when CheckIn opens.  

Checking in tomorrow for April Silhouette…..🌞🏝️😎.  Let the fun begin!

47 minutes ago, HopefulCruiser123 said:

We have a TA booked on Equinox a full 14 months away with a 6 week road trip in Europe after, followed by another TA return trip back to the US also already booked.  I can’t really reserve anything else this far out and it is killing me to not be able to make plans.  I have a large wall map of Spain/Portugal and Southern France mounted on Foam board on my dining room wall, all dotted with multi-colored pushpins of places we’d like to go during our road trip.  The latest edition to our dining room “wall art” is a blank, dry erase 24 x 36 wall calendar.  To assuage my frustration, my husband suggested this so that beginning with this April (that will be one year prior to the start of our trip) on each day of the month we can fill in where we think we will be and what we would like to do on that day. (This will give me lots of opportunities to research each town’s hotels, restaurants, bike rentals for me, accessible trails for him, potential hair salons, local attractions, etc).  We can do the same thing for each day on the ship, particularly with planning specialty restaurants, or our special retirement dinner (that day will earn a trip to the salon), theater shows, and the few port stops we will have. If I haven’t said it before, I just really think my DH is a genius.  Now I am excited for this April to get her so I can start fleshing out the calendar.

Congratulations on your retirement!  

31 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Checking in tomorrow for April Silhouette…..🌞🏝️😎.  Let the fun begin!

80 minutes and counting until check-in begins.  That is when the excitement really starts to kick in for me.  But come embarkation day I am totally overcome with GLEEEEEE!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/17/2024 at 12:36 PM, ScottC4746 said:

I just made my final payment today for my 30May cruise to Alaska.  Excitement is mounting.  Lot's of sleepless nights due to the excitement.

We get excited as soon as we book and just find the passing days/weeks adds to the anticipation.

We're looking at an Alaska cruise later this year right now. Hope you have a blast on yours!

cjr

On 2/17/2024 at 12:36 PM, ScottC4746 said:

I get very excited when I pay final payment.  I ask myself, "Did I really just pay that much for a cruise vacation?"  😁 

On 2/18/2024 at 6:24 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We are also cruising to Alaska in May. We embark may 31st. Guess we better make final payment too…almost forgot. 🤦‍♀️

We may be on the same cruise from Seattle on the Edge.