World Wine Tour on Beyond

drakes2

I'll be in the Beyond March 22nd 10 nights. Thinking of booking the World wine tour but the last 2 cruises the wine tasting has been mediocre. Can anyone who's been on this particular ship comment? I know it can be a fun experience but I hate to waste the money. 

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I'll be in the Beyond March 22nd 10 nights. Thinking of booking the World wine tour but the last 2 cruises the wine tasting has been mediocre. Can anyone who's been on this particular ship comment? I know it can be a fun experience but I hate to waste the money. 

What do you mean by "mediocre";  quality of wine, amount of wine, or description provided by the "wine stewards"?

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

What do you mean by "mediocre";  quality of wine, amount of wine, or description provided by the "wine stewards"?

The wines they usually have at World wine tour are from the basic package.  Usually 1 ounce pours but you can always ask for more however, there are 6 red and 6 white so thats a lot to consume in an hour. 

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Last time on the Eclipse was good.   Crazy but good.  You won’t get Dom Perignon.  I didn’t learn anything but there were one or two good sommeliers.

Did they also have snacks to go along with the tour?

i did a tour on Constellation and they had snacks.

I signed up for one on Eclipse when it was on a flash sale.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Last time on the Eclipse was good.   Crazy but good.  You won’t get Dom Perignon.  I didn’t learn anything but there were one or two good sommeliers.

I may wait till I am onboard. Its only a 10% saving if booking ahead so no great savings.  I can then see what they offer not interested in trying a Masi or the poorer quality Chilean wines.

The last time we did a wine tasting event on Celebrity it was about 6 years ago.  They did have some very pricey wines in the mix.  There was only about 4 or 5 of us at the event.

I would ask them what wines they were serving to get an idea.  

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I did ask when on the Apex last year and the answer I got was Amazing!!!  I don't think there was much interest but I hung around at Eden where they did the tasting and saw a Masi and others on the basic package then left. I only saw a handful of people sitting around. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

The last time we did a wine tasting event on Celebrity it was about 6 years ago.  They did have some very pricey wines in the mix.  There was only about 4 or 5 of us at the event.

Six years ago was way before covid and yes some wines were pretty good as I used to attend all of them on every cruise. Things have changed since including the wines being offered. 

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing.  The World Wine Tour is often 6 tables OUTSIDE a venue, Cellar Masters, Ensemble Lounge with mediocre wines and very limited snacks.  It is not the wine and food pairing event which is a sit down event which was also mediocre.

Cellar Masters was technically inside AND outside in the hallway.  These were NOT top tier wines by any stretch of the imagination.

I still do the World Wine Tour because you can talk to the sommeliers briefly if they are not busy.  And you may sometimes find something you like that you want to drink on the ship later.

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing.  The World Wine Tour is often 6 tables OUTSIDE a venue, Cellar Masters, Ensemble Lounge with mediocre wines and very limited snacks.  It is not the wine and food pairing event which is a sit down event which was also mediocre.

Cellar Masters was technically inside AND outside in the hallway.  These were NOT top tier wines by any stretch of the imagination.

I still do the World Wine Tour because you can talk to the sommeliers briefly if they are not busy.  And you may sometimes find something you like that you want to drink on the ship later.

I've only attended at Cellar Masters on S class ships and yes its a walk about inside and out with a few snacks. It was quite well attended and lots of fun. Last year on the Apex it was held in Eden on the upper level as I mentioned I saw a handful of people who were all seated and didn't look like there was much room certainly not a walk about.  I was just hoping next month on the Beyond they might have a few decent wines. I can always check it out before I commit.