VIFP gold to platinum

toocrazy

8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My last cruise, I opened up my Sign and Sail envelope and lo and behold, my card was white! It was my 25th cruise!! Next cruise back to silver. Le sigh😁

We've saved our 25th cards for light switch use! We too had to go back to silver for 2 more cruises.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jsglow said:

We've saved our 25th cards for light switch use! We too had to go back to silver for 2 more cruises.

Hah!  I will save my 25th card for that as well.  I will have a silver card for at least 10 more cruises. Le big sigh😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

My last cruise, I opened up my Sign and Sail envelope and lo and behold, my card was white! It was my 25th cruise!! Next cruise back to silver. Le sigh😁

True but save your 25 percent milestone for something expensive!

Here's a cool fact I just observed on this topic. I just turned 70 points as of the last cruise, and I have a 5 night previously booked, which will be my next cruise.

My confirmation when I booked the 5 night said gold because I had only 64 points when I booked.

After completing the last cruise I went to Carnival's site to see if my points had increased to 70, and they had not yet posted the new points. My next cruise showed a check-in date 14 days prior to the cruise.

The next day I check the Carnival site again. My points were now at 70, and my next cruise showed a check in date 16 days prior to the cruise!

So I'm receiving Platinum perks like early check-in now!

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 9:39 AM, salty dingo said:

Here's a cool fact I just observed on this topic. I just turned 70 points as of the last cruise, and I have a 5 night previously booked, which will be my next cruise.

The next day I check the Carnival site again. My points were now at 70, and my next cruise showed a check in date 16 days prior to the cruise!

So I'm receiving Platinum perks like early check-in now!

So the debarkation day does count then?  I will have 67 day after our cruise in a couple of weeks so I booked an 8-day next year so we could hit 75 by the last day.  I was really hoping this would be our last time to board with the rest of the unwashed masses.

1 hour ago, dropbackandpunt said:

So the debarkation day does count then?  I will have 67 day after our cruise in a couple of weeks so I booked an 8-day next year so we could hit 75 by the last day.  I was really hoping this would be our last time to board with the rest of the unwashed masses.

What does Carnival call it?  If they call it a 7-day cruise, you get 7 days of credit.  If they call it an 8-day cruise, you get 8 days of credit.

20 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

What does Carnival call it?  If they call it a 7-day cruise, you get 7 days of credit.  If they call it an 8-day cruise, you get 8 days of credit.

That was my understanding but someone had commented earlier that it would not count if the final day was the debarkation day.  Just seeking some clarification.

11 minutes ago, dropbackandpunt said:

That was my understanding but someone had commented earlier that it would not count if the final day was the debarkation day.  Just seeking some clarification.

You either count the embarkation day or the debarkation day, but not both. A Saturday to Saturday cruise is a 7-day cruise, even though you are spending 8 distinct days on the ship.

In reality, it's the number of nights, not the number of days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dropbackandpunt said:

You will hit plat on this cruise because if you have 67 and add the 8 you are at 75 during the cruise. Your last night is your 75th day. Debark day has nothing to do with the count. You will no longer be with the unwashed masses 🤣

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:03 AM, ninjacat123 said:

Yes!! I have my cruise out of Dover next June. The 25% will definitely help👍🤑

Plan that one carefully. If the schools let out for summer in the UK on your boarding day, the roads to Dover can really turn to cr_p as the locals all head out for "holiday". We did our Baltic out of Dover in July last year specifically to avoid that problem.

18 hours ago, staceyglow said:

In reality, it's the number of nights, not the number of days.

I consider myself fortunate to have been grandfathered into Platinum years ago before they counted nights and counted cruises.  10 cruises did it.  And two of mine were 2 night cruises to no-where. 

1 hour ago, SDPadreFan said:

Plan that one carefully. If the schools let out for summer in the UK on your boarding day, the roads to Dover can really turn to cr_p as the locals all head out for "holiday". We did our Baltic out of Dover in July last year specifically to avoid that problem.

Good point!  We are embarking on Sunday, June 8, 2025 so I think we will be okay.  Probably flying in on Friday, June 6 to Heathrow or Gatwick. I'd like to get to London a day earlier, just depends on DH's work schedule. Now coming back from the cruise, we disembark on Friday, June 20 at 5:00am (eek!) and probably head back to London, flying back home Sunday. Thanks for the heads up and having me think through this. 👍

36 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Good point!  We are embarking on Sunday, June 8, 2025 so I think we will be okay.  Probably flying in on Friday, June 6 to Heathrow or Gatwick. I'd like to get to London a day earlier, just depends on DH's work schedule. Now coming back from the cruise, we disembark on Friday, June 20 at 5:00am (eek!) and probably head back to London, flying back home Sunday. Thanks for the heads up and having me think through this. 👍

We did almost that exact same itinerary last year. Only difference being we "were" supposed to get Gothenburg, Sweden, and you are getting Amsterdam instead. Great cruise until the ship broke 2 days before the end of the cruise. So we missed Gothenburg and obviously had an eventful journey home. If you have any other questions, I'm happy to provide any insights.

20 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

We did almost that exact same itinerary last year. Only difference being we "were" supposed to get Gothenburg, Sweden, and you are getting Amsterdam instead. Great cruise until the ship broke 2 days before the end of the cruise. So we missed Gothenburg and obviously had an eventful journey home. If you have any other questions, I'm happy to provide any insights.

Awesome!  I will reach out to you after our Japan trip first week of July.  Not a cruise but definitely as much planning (if not more) and it's very exciting!! Ninjacat will be getting her ramen on🍜😸

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

Awesome!  I will reach out to you after our Japan trip first week of July.  Not a cruise but definitely as much planning (if not more) and it's very exciting!! Ninjacat will be getting her ramen on🍜😸

My sister loves Japan and has been several times on land vacations. For me - I've just seen Japan from my time in the Navy (a long time ago - retired in 1998).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SDPadreFan said:

My sister loves Japan and has been several times on land vacations. For me - I've just seen Japan from my time in the Navy (a long time ago - retired in 1998).

Thank you for your service!  First time for us, college graduation trip for youngest DD (she loves anime and pretty much anything Japanese) and I'm hoping to cover the highlights along with her requests (Ghibli Park, Tokyo bar crawl, go cart driving through Tokyo, learn to serve tea with kimonos on, going to a 7-11😂) and not have us pass out from exhaustion.  I hear July in Japan can be hot and humid but hey, we live in hot and humid SC so I think we are prepared.🤞