Will I get a price adjustment Celebrity lower the price before final payment?

dchan865

Hi Cruisers, I am thinking of trying Celebrity cruise for the 1st time. Since so many things are going on in the cruising business since covid, many cruising companies have changed the ways they operate. Just wondering what to expect if Celebrity has a lower price for my room category before I make final payment before Feb 2025.  We're planning an Alaska cruise next year on the Edge, thinking of picking a non refundable fare and book it from a big box store travel agency.  Will Celebrity give me onboard credit or a CC refund?   

And after I make final payment, do they provide credit/refund? 

Thanks.

Did you book it directly with Celebrity or a travel provider?

I always book with my travel agent and when I see a price drop (pre final payment) I ask  them to see if the savings can be made.

Our cruise dropped a lot.  We had already made final payment so I knew we would not get either a refund or OBC.  What we did get was an upgrade from Concierge to Prime Aqua.  We kept our original OBC.  I was very pleased.  This is on Edge.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dchan865 said:

Hi Cruisers, I am thinking of trying Celebrity cruise for the 1st time. Since so many things are going on in the cruising business since covid, many cruising companies have changed the ways they operate. Just wondering what to expect if Celebrity has a lower price for my room category before I make final payment before Feb 2025.  We're planning an Alaska cruise next year on the Edge, thinking of picking a non refundable fare and book it from a big box store travel agency.  Will Celebrity give me onboard credit or a CC refund?   

it’s all up to the travel agency.  Some charge you for any changes you ask them to make

No.  Neither but they MIGHT let you move to a better room

Edited by cruisestitch

From celebrity's website:

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

From celebrity's website:

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare:

Celebrity will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued.

Nice. I like. 

Thanks.

I booked  a US to Iceland cruise for this August a while ago, before the latest volcanic eruptions. Recently I did a price check and saw prices had fallen, a lot.  I also needed to change to a cruise that starts in Iceland and ends in the US.  My TA was glad to do it for me but there was a $200 change fee to re-book BUT, I am now paying about $2000 less than I was 2 weeks ago.  I did lose some of the OBC from the TA since his commission went down but I am still way ahead so book mow and keep an eye one the prices and when see a drop, say something, quickly.

1 hour ago, jabrown40 said:

Today, I noticed a 100.00pp decrease in a cruise I booked in December for May 2025.  I had booked it with Celebrity - they applied the 200.00 to my balance.

That must be a nice surprise. If they did it automatically without telling you, that's nice. 

Sorry, I realize I wrote that in a way that led to misunderstanding!  I saw that the cost had decreased in a President sale email from Celebrity.  I called them to arrange for the decrease.

17 hours ago, dchan865 said:

Thanks.

Keep in mind that booking with the big box agency could make you ineligible for any MoveUp offers.

13 hours ago, jabrown40 said:

Sorry, I realize I wrote that in a way that led to misunderstanding!  I saw that the cost had decreased in a President sale email from Celebrity.  I called them to arrange for the decrease.

np. thanks for clarifying.

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Will make you ineligible, not could.

Could be true across the board, but I only know it’s true for the one I sometimes use, so I said could.

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Could be true across the board, but I only know it’s true for the one I sometimes use, so I said could.

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

I thought there only was one.

10 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I thought there only was one.

I don’t know about the western US, but there’s one quite popular in the East, including New Jersey, and then there’s a nationwide one. Another nationwide one used to sell cruises, but I think they’ve quit.