On the Seashore

bob10173

11 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Great seafood, what’s not to like? You gotta know that going in. 

We should have checked the menu before signing up. We have only been on 40 plus cruises so we are still learning.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tierun said:

Also the sports bar has good food with good prices.

Could someone post the menu. We sail 3/31 and I have a feeling this will be one of my go-to spots. 

8 hours ago, bob10173 said:

Depending which extra you wanted to order is what set the price. Nothing was anywhere near $5. Lobster as I recall way $24 extra on top of what I paid for the specialty restaurant. Tonight in the MDR they had lobster and filet with no extra cost. Without asking, our waiter brought us an extra lobster. 

Thanks, I meant extra entrees in the main dining room.  I was wondering if they were enforcing the $5 charge for these.

57 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Thanks, I meant extra entrees in the main dining room.  I was wondering if they were enforcing the $5 charge for these.

Yes there are extras in the dining room a person can order but they all run around $20..

4 hours ago, dsnutz said:

Could someone post the menu. We sail 3/31 and I have a feeling this will be one of my go-to spots. 

Food in the sports bar starts at 6PM to 10pm. We haven't tried it yet.

23 minutes ago, bob10173 said:

Yes there are extras in the dining room a person can order but they all run around $20..

MSC has introduced a charge of $5 on their US itineraries for ordering an extra main dish from the set menu. What you’re being asked about is if this charge was imposed on your cruise. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Beamafar said:

MSC has introduced a charge of $5 on their US itineraries for ordering an extra main dish from the set menu. What you’re being asked about is if this charge was imposed on your cruise. 

WOW.  they charge for extra main dish.  I hope the portions are a good size.  I've only sailed NCL.  The portions are a little smaller, but you can order multiple dishes so it's no big deal.  Good thing I read this before my first MSC cruise before I went to ordering multiple dishes mixing/matching items to make one meal  

First MSC cruise in 3 weeks on Seashore in YC.  A few questions:

- do you happen to know what brands of whiskey/bourbon/scotch they offer in YC

- I think we get a stocked min-bar in YC.  Do they refill it regularly or do you just get one bottle of each?

- used to concierge on other cruise lines where they even provide the spray on sunscreen.  Does YC provide or should we bring our own

- does the extra charge for additional entrees apply to YC as well?

- I use a CPAP machine.  Does MSC provide the gallon jug of distilled water for CPAPs or do I need to bring my own?

- So far have not had any luck getting the app to work for check-in.  Took forever to get it to take photo and haven’t made it past the scan the passport stage…says its scanning but doesn’t.

Appreciate any tips for first-timers.  Thanks in advance.

Steve

If you don't mind me asking, how are bar waits?

I just read a review here that complained about 30-40 minute waits for a drink. Hope it's much better than that now.

Enjoy your vacation! 🙂

1 hour ago, ChrisCJR said:

If you don't mind me asking, how are bar waits?

I just read a review here that complained about 30-40 minute waits for a drink. Hope it's much better than that now.

Enjoy your vacation! 🙂

That comes from people that work or push other cruise lines. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes. I don't think the bartenders are as skilled on MSC as they are on some other cruise lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

WOW.  they charge for extra main dish.  I hope the portions are a good size.  I've only sailed NCL.  The portions are a little smaller, but you can order multiple dishes so it's no big deal.  Good thing I read this before my first MSC cruise before I went to ordering multiple dishes mixing/matching items to make one meal  

I don't understand why anyone would want to do that. But oh well!! Food is really good in the MDR and the portions are more than adequate. If you need more than one serving, I am sure your waiter would accommodate. Don't know about the extra $5.

3 hours ago, Langeraf said:

- I think we get a stocked min-bar in YC.  Do they refill it regularly or do you just get one bottle of each?

- used to concierge on other cruise lines where they even provide the spray on sunscreen.  Does YC provide or should we bring our own

- does the extra charge for additional entrees apply to YC as well?

- I use a CPAP machine.  Does MSC provide the gallon jug of distilled water for CPAPs or do I need to bring my own?

- So far have not had any luck getting the app to work for check-in.  Took forever to get it to take photo and haven’t made it past the scan the passport stage…says its scanning but doesn’t.

Steve

- Brands of Scotch/Bourbon/whisky are limited, usual you can pick Jack Daniels or Johnny Walker... something in that class...

- They replenish the mini bar twice a day, only exceptions are the choclate bar and pringels, they are not refilled without charge. You can speak to your butler wich drinks they should replenish, what you like most.

- Get your own sunscreen

- Never expirienced the extra charge in YC

- about cpap water i have no clue

- dont worry about the app, deinstall and install it once again, log in again and try if it gets better. If not, Concierge aboard will help you to deal with the app in the right way. you don't have to check in via app, they'll do it while bording you - or you do it via Web.

5 hours ago, Langeraf said:

"Do you happen to know what brands of whiskey/bourbon/scotch they offer in YC?"

For specifics, Google "MSC liquor list" and you should find a pdf without much trouble. Generally speaking, if the ship is fully supplied, expect sixteen or so labels in the included price range and another two or three requiring payment.

Check with your butler as to which labels can be chosen for your included room bottle. That choice will be much more limited.

Edited by no1talks

4 hours ago, bob10173 said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to do that. But oh well!! Food is really good in the MDR and the portions are more than adequate. If you need more than one serving, I am sure your waiter would accommodate. Don't know about the extra $5.

not sure what's so hard to understand, but oh well!!!

MSC must have felt the need to introduce the charge, on US sailings, for extra portions ( it doesn’t apply to apps or desserts - just main dishes).  It doesn’t apply in other regions that MSC sails. 

On 2/22/2024 at 10:05 AM, bob10173 said:

Food in the sports bar starts at 6PM to 10pm. We haven't tried it yet.

Ever get a chance to go? If anyone else reads this and gets a chance, snap a pic 😉

23 hours ago, Langeraf said:

- I think we get a stocked min-bar in YC.  Do they refill it regularly or do you just get one bottle of each?…

Steve

They only give you one bottle of liquor (years ago they restocked minis the entire cruise -  that was stopped when everyone filled their suitcases with these).  You also only get one mini Pringle (who would want more?!), one bar of toblerone (more please!) and one mixed nites (meh). 

They will restock all the soft drinks/juices. 

bring your own reef safe sun screen. 

no idea on distilled water. 

Edited by TrinaLC

58 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

They only give you one bottle of liquor (years ago they restocked minis the entire cruise -  that was stopped when everyone filled their suitcases with these).  You also only get one mini Pringle (who would want more?!), one bar of toblerone (more please!) and one mixed nites (meh). 

This varies by stateroom type. 

Royal Suites and Owner's Suites get full-sized bottles that are replaced/restocked without a real limit. The same with the Pringles, the Toblerone, the nuts, and whatever else is in the mini-fridge. 

12 hours ago, dsnutz said:

Ever get a chance to go? If anyone else reads this and gets a chance, snap a pic 😉

No we never made it to the sports bar to eat. Always used MDR or specialty. Great food and friendly staff all over the ship. Headed back to Florida now.