Fjord cruise becoming Fjord lite - 15 May - Apex

Guest Cable3232

Guest Cable3232

As some people know by now, the 15-May sailing of Apex to the Fjords has had a slight itinerary change.

They are swapping Nordjjordeid for Zeebrugge, so the cruise is now only two fjords instead of three.

Normally, this is not an issue as the itinerary is usually in the same area/type but to change from a Fjord (we only go to 3 on a 7-day cruise) to an industrial European port, you have to get 40+ min transport Bruges, which is one of the filler ports in Europe is not really close to like for like.

If they had swapped a large Norway city, then it would have been “meh.”

From a T&C point of view, this standard operating practice, but from an effect on a cruise, is a change and a half.

As of 7-Feb we in the 100% cancellation cost, so lump it or leave it.

I will go back to the corner and mutter to myself now.

Edited by Guest
Added a minor items in about cancellation

It always stinks when something you’ve been looking forward to is pulled in favor of something less desirable. What was the reason given for the change?

I guess I’d have to figure out an alternative (which I’m sure you’ll do) to make the best out of having the good fortune to be somewhere other than the Caribbean…which is also lovely, but oh so been there-done that (for us). 

I feel like many (most?) European ports require somewhat of a trek to get beyond the industrialized shipyard.  I recall at least a 40 minute train ride to Rome from Civi…(never could spell that port.)

All that to say, I sympathize. Hope you have a fabulous cruise!

2 hours ago, Cable3232 said:

As some people know by now, the 15-May sailing of Apex to the Fjords has had a slight itinerary change.

They are swapping Nordjjordeid for Zeebrugge, so the cruise is now only two fjords instead of three.

Normally, this is not an issue as the itinerary is usually in the same area/type but to change from a Fjord (we only go to 3 on a 7-day cruise) to an industrial European port, you have to get 40+ min transport Bruges, which is one of the filler ports in Europe is not really close to like for like.

From a T&C point of view, this standard operating practice, but from an effect on a cruise, is a change and a half.

This happened last year with our Norway Silhouette cruise .I cancelled as I didn’t want Zeebrugge ( again) I rebooked on the Apex for July Arctic Circle/Norway .Just had notification some port times are now reduced by several hours due to ‘ speed restrictions’ .This is putting our ‘ booked with the ship excursion’ in Flam  in jeopardy .The train is due to return to Flam at 3.40pm but the ship is now departing at 3pm .Lets hope they have spaces available on the train for earlier times …although my booking was to include a stop at the hotel at the top for an hour ( incl a snack) 

Guest Cable3232

They stated "cruise speeds," due to how busy Norway is in May-Aug, that was the only port they could get a bert at most likely

Burges, if I got off the ship, it would be the 12+ times I have been there, so I've "been there and done that."

The last time I went on Celebrity, I toured the Med on Beyond from my cabin (apparently, I had COVID on my 2nd day).

Guest Cable3232
1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

You are going to Flam, Geiranger, Allesund and Kristiansand, don't be angry you have a opportunity to go to Bruges

Not angry just moany... but what can I do. 

We did those ports last year with another cruise company and had a bad experience with the cruise line. 

This is quite a change, I'm following this years sailings in attempts to keep informed since I'm sailing Apex to Norway May 2025. We have a quick 7 day sailing and if one of the Norway stops are cancelled it would certainly have me second guessing the sailing as a whole. 

Patty 

There are making chocolate and waffle experiences in Bruges….

Call me a glass half full person but when you have visited a city numerous times you can justifiably forget the historical and cultural opportunities and simply give in to a food or wine experience…

Edited by chemmo

11 hours ago, Cable3232 said:

I am disappointed for you.

• Like 1