Freedom or Vista...Help me decide

Djford75

We have "free" cabins on both ships, cruising in December. Not Christmas.  Those that have been on both, help me decide.  It's our 23 carnival cruise and have not been on either of these ships yet!!  Freedom is a 5 day and Vista is a 6 day.  

Please advise, Thank you

2 hours ago, dacsmom said:

What ports? I love the Vista, and I  would take a 6 day over a 5 day unless the ports were much better on the 5 day.

They are both similar, Grand Turk, Half Moon, Amber cove.

• Like 1

Haven't been on the Freedom, but have sailed on her sister ships Glory and Valor. Also have been on the Vista. 

I would choose the Vista because of more options for food and entertainment, specifically JiJi's alone would do it but also more stuff on the sports deck (ropes course, sky ride). Loved the gelato station in Lido Buffet, The Havana Bar, etc,etc.

The Freedom is a smaller ship with less options (but also means less people!).  I have been on both many times, and I really like the Freedom.  The Vista is really in need of a makeover, but I enjoyed myself on that one as well.  

• Like 1

Have been on all the Conquest-class ships, which includes Freedom.  Have not been on Vista, but was on Horizon.  Unless you get the Havana area I would go Freedom - but I prefer "smaller" ships.  Horizon was just too many people for us - even with the Havana area (aft wrap) making it more manageable.  Lido was a nightmare.  But - 6 day v 5 day would make me lean towards trying Vista for the heck of it.

We have sailed both within the past year.  Definitely prefer Freedom to Vista.  Vista felt very crowded. Vista does have Ji Ji's and a Red Frog Pub, but we are just fine with the MDR, Steakhouse and Alchemy!

I like 6 day cruises. That extra day gets you a second elegant night, an extra port stop, etc. Plus you'll be on a newer ship with more options.

I like the Freedom and I like 5 day cruises too. But I'd go with newer and more days.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 7:25 AM, Djford75 said:

We have "free" cabins on both ships, cruising in December. Not Christmas.  Those that have been on both, help me decide.  It's our 23 carnival cruise and have not been on either of these ships yet!!  Freedom is a 5 day and Vista is a 6 day.  

Please advise, Thank you

Vista just came out of dry dock. All shinny and new

• Like 2

Thank you for all your replies!!!  To the ones that say Vista is crowded, we've been on both the Mardi Gras and the Celebration at full capacity, now that's crowded!!  

May go with the Vista as it is 6 days and just outta dry dock.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Djford75 said:

Thank you for all your replies!!!  To the ones that say Vista is crowded, we've been on both the Mardi Gras and the Celebration at full capacity, now that's crowded!!  

May go with the Vista as it is 6 days and just outta dry dock.

We've been on Mardi Gras (x4) and Celebration at full capacity and they never felt crowded to us except Lido deck during sail away. 

I loved Freedom but we're going on Vista in April for a B2B and we're looking forward to it!