Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

3 hours ago, Cash123 said:

I think the problem is when you book your cruise and are told you will be flying with a certain airline in this case TUI then you assume you will be flying in a dreamliner with seat back entertainment and food & drink during the flight, you may be lucky to be able to book premium seats, you then get informed that you will not be going on this airline but with an airline that no one has heard off, only has one class of cabin and no inflight entertainment.

I beleive under these circumstances people have every right to complain, lets face it the flight should be the start of  exciting times ahead but for many of us due to these changes that feeling has gone.

I was reading some stats and IFE usage on some flights is now as low as 25%. Many people prefer to take their own streaming devices/iPads/phones etc. On my last four flights, I've not used the IFE.

I don't think anyone is suggesting no food & drink.

3 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I was reading some stats and IFE usage on some flights is now as low as 25%. Many people prefer to take their own streaming devices/iPads/phones etc. On my last four flights, I've not used the IFE.

I don't think anyone is suggesting no food & drink.

A few people are saying they only get a meal and drink no bar or snacks after. TravelBlogJamie was one of them deleted comments when people started saying their would be a bar.

29 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I don't think we have ever booked a holiday and didn't know the airline.

It was quite the norm,New airlines seemed to spring up each year to serve the summer package deals,some better than others!

One of the best I remember was from Manchester to Orlando one year where we got front row seats downstairs on a 747,because of the curve of the nose the view was amazing,especially at take off & landing,the Jumbo was plain white on the outside.

The food was often so bad doing without was a blessing!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

A few people are saying they only get a meal and drink no bar or snacks after. TravelBlogJamie was one of them deleted comments when people started saying their would be a bar.

P&O specify the level of service - they have no reason to specify anything different to what they have specificied for the Tui Charters.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

P&O specify the level of service - they have no reason to specify anything different to what they have specificied for the Tui Charters.

Exactly what I put, but didn't like it. Can you confirm the seat pitch that P&O have asked for or being given.

19 hours ago, snaefell said:

It was quite the norm,New airlines seemed to spring up each year to serve the summer package deals,some better than others!

One of the best I remember was from Manchester to Orlando one year where we got front row seats downstairs on a 747,because of the curve of the nose the view was amazing,especially at take off & landing,the Jumbo was plain white on the outside.

The food was often so bad doing without was a blessing!

This sounds like the airline we did a gatwick to Orlando in the early 2000's, it was plain white and we had seats upstairs where the in flight entertainment was a screen they pulled down between the aisle and you had to duck under it to go to the toilet, im sure it was Travel City Direct. What i remember most was the plane shaking when it was taking off 🙂

1 hour ago, Cash123 said:

This sounds like the airline we did a gatwick to Orlando in the early 2000's, it was plain white and we had seats upstairs where the in flight entertainment was a screen they pulled down between the aisle and you had to duck under it to go to the toilet, im sure it was Travel City Direct. What i remember most was the plane shaking when it was taking off 🙂

Travel City Direct now that is a blast from the past,quite forgotten about them.

There were so many old aircraft being used on charter flights back then,really didn't care as long as we got there,seems like people these days aren't such a hardy bunch!😁

On 9/30/2023 at 11:21 AM, Megabear2 said:

This must be a European flu cruise and therefore assumedly it will be at the seat booking/picking stage rather than booking PE at the time of booking with P&O?

Is a European flu cruise like a Northern Lights cruise? They hope you catch it but can't guarantee you will?

• Haha 8

23 hours ago, snaefell said:

Travel City Direct now that is a blast from the past,quite forgotten about them.

There were so many old aircraft being used on charter flights back then,really didn't care as long as we got there,seems like people these days aren't such a hardy bunch!😁

Perhaps they are more demanding than ' take it or leave it '.

58 minutes ago, Patsy161 said:

Does anyone know what Terminal at Manchester Maleth Aero fly from?

P and O have said that they don't know yet which is rather frustrating as I want to book Meet and Greet parking as well as a Terminal Lounge

I would think terminal 2, terminal one is suppose to be closing for a bit and terminal 3 is more for domestics.

We are on Arvia's transatlantic cruise out of Southampton on the 27 October. We received our flight details a few weeks ago. We are flying back to Manchester with Maelth Aero on the 11 November to Terminal 1. Flight Nº MLT1975 leaving Barbados at 17.30, arriving Manchester 05.45 on the 12th.

I assume we will have to leave Arvia shortly after breakfast. Annoyingly P&O don't mention what happens between then and our flight. We are assuming we a free to do our own thing and then have to make our own arrangements to get to the airport. Has anyone have experience?

12 minutes ago, T101 said:

We are on Arvia's transatlantic cruise out of Southampton on the 27 October. We received our flight details a few weeks ago. We are flying back to Manchester with Maelth Aero on the 11 November to Terminal 1. Flight Nº MLT1975 leaving Barbados at 17.30, arriving Manchester 05.45 on the 12th.

I assume we will have to leave Arvia shortly after breakfast. Annoyingly P&O don't mention what happens between then and our flight. We are assuming we a free to do our own thing and then have to make our own arrangements to get to the airport. Has anyone have experience?

You are taken to the airport from the ship; probably about lunchtime or a little later. Your luggage is taken separately 

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 1:47 PM, T101 said:

Usually in Barbados you are free to do what you want until your scheduled departure time (when we flew back from Barbados in November last year we didn't have to leave Britannia until about 14:30 for our evening flight) so we went for a walk around Bridgetown for a couple of hours in the morning & then came back for a spot of lunch before disembarking.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, snaefell said:

It’s worth reading the Wikipedia article. Travel City Direct was independent and using old 747s bought post 9/11. Then part of XL before they went bust. Virgin then bought the brand and used their own aircraft before finally retiring the brand.

We've just had our deposit refunded; I didn't expect that, but it is welcomed.

So, for those of you that have cancelled because you booked PE and can't travel in economy for medical reasons, it may be worth a few minutes of your time writing an email.

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A TUI 787 is 34, so is it a race to the bottom.  TUI PE is 38".

Tui's were, and I believe still are, a mix of 32" and 34" which allows them to market as 33". Tui can't actually go any tighter on their planes as they already carry the maximum number of passengers certified for the type of plane.

Other airlines can go 30" or 31" in economy because they then stick a few rows of lay-flat business class at the front, thus reducing total number of passengers carried.

31" is the most common long-haul economy standard. Tui and Emirates stick out as better than that.

Edited by molecrochip