I am so proud of X

DrKoob

I am so proud of how X is handling this. It is beyond awful and X is stepping up in so many ways. By delaying the ship, by flying the families to Chile, by handling everything in the right way.

The press conference with the CEO was excellent. He knew what he was saying and how they were going to handle it. Well done X. You have proven that I have placed my loyalty well.

Kudos for your handling of this horrible situation.

Hi, for those of us who did not have access to it, is there a way

to post a link to read what was said at the press conference?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Lois:

Below is a link to the exact comments made by Dan Hanrahan during the press conference. They are doing a good job.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=410&layout=9&item_id=834868

Thank you.

This is a sad day, could have been any of us. So, gather ye roses while ye may....

The only thing I found about the Celebrity response is at:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000UzZOpmzLitQ32HLzBc76JPn:1051tg0lk?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2006-03-22&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

Hi Don, thank you for posting the link.

Reading it makes me want to cry more........makes it a bit more

real I guess.

You are correct though, seems as though things are being handled

as best as possible.

Maybe if anything remotely positive came out of the honeymoon tragedy on Brilliance it was that the top brass at RCI learned that doing the right thing is not only best for the victims and their families, but also is right for the company as well.

I am so impressed with Celebrity's quick and caring response that I may sail on one of their ships one day instead of just sticking to their sister ships of Royal Caribbean.

This is a sad day, could have been any of us. So, gather ye roses while ye may....

The only thing I found about the Celebrity response is at:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do;jsessionid=0000UzZOpmzLitQ32HLzBc76JPn:1051tg0lk?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2006-03-22&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A[/quot

This statement is ever so true. Don't let this terrible accident deter anyone from enjoying their life to the fullest and trying new things. Life is a very dangerous thing at best so be brave, go out and live it. God didn't put people on earth to be safe all the time.

After seeing in the past cruise lines not stepping up (usually just things like missed ports, etc), having never sailed on Celebrity, I am really impressed with the way they have handled this (with them not being the direct responsible party), I will have to consider sailing with them in the near future.

My thoughts are with the families of the victims of this tragedy.

There, but for the grace of God go I.

I'm so sorry for the familys of those killed and injured on the Celebrity cruise. This could have happened to any of us and truth be told, accidents do happen and will continue to happen as long as we seek more adventurous excursions. We are so fortunate to be able to experience Celebrity cruising and the excitment afforded to us. Life goes on and we seek to experience all it has to offer.

I am always thankful when at the end of our cruise adventure we all return home safe and happier for the experience.

Hi Everyone...

From how we have seen Celebrity respond, I also agree that Celebrity has done a wonderful job handling such a difficult and tragic event. While Celebrity is making it clear that this was not a sponsored tour, they continue to do whatever possible to bring comfort and leadership. I give Celebrity very high marks for that.

Hi Everyone...

From how we have seen Celebrity respond, I also agree that Celebrity has done a wonderful job handling such a difficult and tragic event. While Celebrity is making it clear that this was not a sponsored tour, they continue to do whatever possible to bring comfort and leadership. I give Celebrity very high marks for that.

Hi Everyone...

I agree totally!

that Celebrity stepped up to the plate and is going above and beyond for these people and their families. Tragedy will bring out either the best in people or the worst at times, but I feel Celebrity couldn't have handled this any better. I have been on one Celebrity cruise and plan others in the future. I send out my condolences to all the families involved and to the family of the gentleman who died on the Star Princess.

After reading Celebrity's President Hanrahan's remarks, I am so proud of how Celebrity is handling this horrible tragedy. They are doing everything possible to help the families as well as those that are on this cruise. That they had a service on board for those lost touched my heart.

Patty

I, too, am extremely proud and pleased at Celebrity's response to this tragedy. It is not their responsibility, but they have stepped up to the plate and done what they can to assist the families.

Today has been, and will continue to be, a public relations nightmare for the cruise industry because of the way the media handles it. And people, sadly, are stupid. Tragedies happen on land, too. And bus accidents, due to any number of causes, happen in transit to school or work from home. Fires happen in hotels and office buildings, too. But the public will latch onto anything, regardless of how irrational (and unfair) it may be.

But Celebrity should be proud at the way they are handling a situation forced onto the cruise line.

Not to sound cynical but they should take this opportunity to make up for some MASSIVE judgement errors made in the not too distant past. Uppermost in my mind is Mariam Carver. Everything the cruislines do now is under a microscope. The press has alerted the public and the world is watching. The media loves sensationalism but they were fed the fuel. I don't understand why all the lines are not doing their utmost to insure passenger safety at every opportunity or after every reported event.

Sad that it takes multiple deaths to bring this about face of public relations. So, I am not proud of Celebrity for doing what I consider the right thing. I expected that all along. I am glad to see them making every effort at this tragic time to help the victims but it is not more than most of us would do if it was within our power.

Not to sound cynical but they should take this opportunity to make up for some MASSIVE judgement errors made in the not too distant past. Uppermost in my mind is Mariam Carver. Everything the cruislines do now is under a microscope. The press has alerted the public and the world is watching. The media loves sensationalism but they were fed the fuel. I don't understand why all the lines are not doing their utmost to insure passenger safety at every opportunity or after every reported event.

Sad that it takes multiple deaths to bring this about face of public relations. So, I am not proud of Celebrity for doing what I consider the right thing. I expected that all along. I am glad to see them making every effort at this tragic time to help the victims but it is not more than most of us would do if it was within our power.

I am sorry but I think you are wrong. X did not have to do one darn thing. It was not their shore excursion. It was the same as if these people had flown to Chile on a plane and gone on a bus trip, had an accident and died. Would American Airlines, Hilton Hotels or for that matter any other hotel or airline done anything like X did. I can guarantee you if these people had flown to Chile that whatever airline they flew on or hotel they were staying in would never in a million years flown any family member there for free, would not have sent a doctor and nurses and would not have helped arrange for funerals in a timely manner that is part of their religious beliefs. X went above and beyond what they needed to do.

And I am not sure what massive blunders you are referring to. If you mean the RCL problem in the Med that too was not the cruise lines fault as well. As far as the Miriam Carver/Mercury situation that was is pretty much in dispute as well. I love how we in America think that businesses and the government are supposed to protect us on a constant basis and not us taking care of ourselves.

Hi Everyone...

Yes. Celebrity has handled this tradgedy in a great manner.

Hopefully they continue to stay at it.

Archived