Leave ship early

rhsjr

Will Princess allow you to depart the ship at the next to last port and fly home? Thinking about leaving in Reykjavik rather than 3 at sea days back to Southampton. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, rhsjr said:

Will Princess allow you to depart the ship at the next to last port and fly home? Thinking about leaving in Reykjavik rather than 3 at sea days back to Southampton. 

Yes, but you must get approval for a variance in advance. I can't remember the term but someone here will know what to do.

Edit:  Too slow!

Edited by Thrak

47 minutes ago, rhsjr said:

It is quite possible and often done.  You need to submit a Route Deviation Request.  Your TA or CVP can do it.  If you booked directly, you can get the form from Princess.  Try calling and asking, but you can also write Customer Relations (they are not the team processing the requests, but I don't have an email address for it).

Posted (edited)

I was able to do it just by calling Princess, and they took my info over the phone.  They won't immediately approve it while you're on the phone, but they will (or at least should) email you later once the request is processed and approved.

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I was able to do it just by calling Princess, and they took my info over the phone.  They won't immediately approve it while you're on the phone, but they will (or at least should) email you later once the request is processed and approved.

Just curious…is approval in time to make adjustments to air fare?  Could be cost prohibitive if approved while on your cruise.  

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just curious…is approval in time to make adjustments to air fare?  Could be cost prohibitive if approved while on your cruise.  

Unless you request at the very last minute, it should be approved at least a couple weeks before you sail.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Our previous two requests received very quick response and approved.  It would be useless to have approval two weeks before sailing as @DallasGuy75219 suggested above.  For example, our last deviation included a flight to return to port to get on another ship, accommodation bookings, rental car booking, plus travel and sightseeing plans.  These could not wait until on the ship or even a month before sailing.

• Like 1

Ours was proved before they changed the ports of call once.  
We were to disembark in San Francisco, our home port, but it was completely taken off the itinerary.  So, there’s always that …