Eurodam bunk - "pull from side wall"

Our family cruise on ms Eurodam will have quad rooms with bunks that "pull from side wall above the sofa."

We have heard of the drop down from the ceiling bunks, but wonder what these wall bunks are.

What can you tell us about them?  Does anyone have photos???

Thank you so much.

Barbara

1005 is one of the cabin numbers, and your link showed a photo.  However, the room diagram shows beds under the window.  The photo has beds on the side wall, so I do not trust that photo, even though it shows a cabinet above the sofa.  That same cabinet shows on a photo of our room 1002 (not a quad) which has no bunk bed.  It is confusing.

Barbara

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

They unfold from the wall.

Thank you.  Do you know if they interfere with sitting on the sofa?  Do they have a rail and a ladder like the bunks from the ceiling?

Barbara

I've stayed in 1005 before.  The couch folds out into 1 bed and there is another bed that drops down from the ceiling above the beds in the cabin.  You can see it in this photo circled in yellow:

image.png.f0c04700edd373f28417f68dec948233.png

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bcummin said:

However, the room diagram shows beds under the window.  The photo has beds on the side wall, so I do not trust that photo, even though it shows a cabinet above the sofa.  That same cabinet shows on a photo of our room 1002 (not a quad) which has no bunk bed

It is the diagram that is wrong. This is a HAL thing -- showing only one diagram per category when there are several actual arrangements. Where did you see "pull from side wall above the sofa"?  Because all of the photos of quads on Main Deck have the pull-down-from-ceiling bunk above the head of the twins or queen bed. As CruisingRob beat me to showing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, cruisingrob21, crystalspin, and Henk 123.

It was our good Travel Agent, who said, "pull from the side wall above the sofa."

Where are "all of the photos of quads on Main Deck?"

Now we have a better idea what to expect.

Barbara

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcummin said:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, cruisingrob21, crystalspin, and Henk 123.

It was our good Travel Agent, who said, "pull from the side wall above the sofa."

Barbara

Has your "good travel agent" sailed on the signature or vista class vessels?  Even if they haven't, its a 5 minute google search at most 🤔 and the HAL TA site has the information on it as well.

• Thanks 1

Another good site to view actual cabin photos is cruisedeckplansdotcom. You'll probably find lots there... look at both Eurodam and Niewe Amsterdam.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bcummin said:

Barbara

About the only HAL beds that "pull from the side wall" are the murphy bed in the Pinnacle Class ship Signature Suite cabins.  Definitely none in Eurodam oceanview cabins--just the pullman bed that your cabin steward can lower from the ceiling in quad occupancy cabins (annotated by a little square box near cabin numbers on the deck plans).

One other different configuration with select far forward and aft Eurodam oceanview cabins--such as 1005--is they only have a shower stall with cloth curtain rather than the larger tub/shower configuration (also with cloth curtain) in the majority of the other cabins.  Cabins with just a shower instead of tub/shower are annotated with an asterisk on the deck plans.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you, AFNavigator.  Your words mean the world to me.  Some of our family have never been on a cruise ship.  Young mothers are very protective.  Photos here have answered questions.  Showers will be fine.

I had spent hours googling and researching the internet.  All I had was a dry bone.  The HAL deck plans are accurate only as far as they go.  No details at all about the bunks.   Recommended websites showed bathtubs still in our rooms, which destroyed credibility.  No photos of the bunks.   I love research, but I was going in circles.  All that I found was a photo of one fellow who had hit his head on the lowered bunk, and another of a bunk in what looked like the far end of an inside room?  The  room layouts did not agree with the HAL deck plans for our rooms.  Those photos created more questions than answers.   I hoped that by reaching out to everyone in Cruise Critic, the truth would surface.

I was not disappointed.  Accurate bunk bed photos and good information have been generously shared.  I am deeply grateful.

Barbara 

Image 5.jpeg

Image 6.jpeg

Edited by bcummin

11 hours ago, bcummin said:

Thank you, AFNavigator.  Your words mean the world to me.  Some of our family have never been on a cruise ship.  Young mothers are very protective.  Photos here have answered questions.  Showers will be fine.

I had spent hours googling and researching the internet.  All I had was a dry bone.  The HAL deck plans are accurate only as far as they go.  No details at all about the bunks.   Recommended websites showed bathtubs still in our rooms, which destroyed credibility.  No photos of the bunks.   I love research, but I was going in circles.  All that I found was a photo of one fellow who had hit his head on the lowered bunk, and another of a bunk in what looked like the far end of an inside room?  The  room layouts did not agree with the HAL deck plans for our rooms.  Those photos created more questions than answers.   I hoped that by reaching out to everyone in Cruise Critic, the truth would surface.

I was not disappointed.  Accurate bunk bed photos and good information have been generously shared.  I am deeply grateful.

Barbara 

Image 5.jpeg

Image 6.jpeg

Happy to help.

One other difference from the bunk photo posted above by Henk123 is they moved the tv from being the small--probably 24"--tv you see on the shelf in the corner (shelf is still there for storage).  The TV is now hard mounted on the wall directly across from the main bed and is probably around a 37-40" screen.  In case you are wondering, you can see the screen fine from the sofa even though the tv mount does not swivel.

Also, our teen son used the sofabed last year.  He complained it was too firm so our cabin steward added some padding. I tried it one night...seemed OK with the added padding.

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 8:12 PM, AFNavigator said:

Happy to help.

One other difference from the bunk photo posted above by Henk123 is they moved the tv from being the small--probably 24"--tv you see on the shelf in the corner (shelf is still there for storage).  The TV is now hard mounted on the wall directly across from the main bed and is probably around a 37-40" screen.  In case you are wondering, you can see the screen fine from the sofa even though the tv mount does not swivel.

Also, our teen son used the sofabed last year.  He complained it was too firm so our cabin steward added some padding. I tried it one night...seemed OK with the added padding.

I thought of another question, since you were there last year.  🙂

How many electrical outlets do you remember?  Were there USB ports on the nightstands?  Maybe two outlets on the desk??  Maybe one 110 v and one 220 v European plug???  Might the bathroom have an outlet for a night light????

Any hidden extra outlets anywhere?

Thank you so much again.

Barbara 

On 3/5/2024 at 10:39 PM, bcummin said:

I thought of another question, since you were there last year.  🙂

How many electrical outlets do you remember?  Were there USB ports on the nightstands?  Maybe two outlets on the desk??  Maybe one 110 v and one 220 v European plug???  Might the bathroom have an outlet for a night light????

Any hidden extra outlets anywhere?

Thank you so much again.

Barbara 

From an old post of mine...

There is one USB socket below each bedside reading light.  If you need a 110V outlet (or European 220V), they are only located at the desk, both at the desk and on a small corner shelf above the desk where the TV used to be located.  There's also a 110V outlet near the ceiling in the bathroom but that's a low power one intended for shavers only.

So basically, you have two 110V and one 220V outlet in the desk area, 1 USB outlet under each bedside reading light, and one low wattage 110V outlet near the ceiling of the bathroom.  I don't remember if that is a 2 prong or 3 prong outlet.  I also don't remember if there are any USB outlets at the desk.  To maximize your plug-in capability, you can bring a non-surge-protected power strip. They prohibit, and will confiscate, power strips with surge protection.  You can also bring an adapter that fits in the 220V outlet, assuming something you bring is compatible with 220V (a lot of electronics chargers can take either 110V or 220V--the fine print on the charger body should state acceptable voltage).

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bcummin said:

Thank you so much, AFNavigator.  There are so many differences between the ships, that your experience is what I trust.

Barbara

I found another member's post from 2022 stating there is one USB port at the desk.  This photo was in their post...and is from ocean-view cabin 1041.  You can also see the shelf where the small TV used to be located, with the extra 110V outlet just above the shelf.

image.jpeg.f84ed8fbf2f15616ae17411f9d77d9cb.jpeg

• Thanks 1