for the 14 day roundtrip alaska cruise in the last few years. was the large theater entertainment the same coming back?

if the large theatre show is different each night I go. So. I'm wondering to know how motivated I should be to book morning excursions for the next day after these shows. thank you everyone for your help.   Also. Did people experience weather under around 57 degrees farenheit in early and mid June? I'm doing the grand princess round trip vancouver. June 5-19. thanks

If....Is it booked as Vancouver to Whittier/Whittier to Vancouver?  Or as ONE voyage with different stops week 2?

My best guess is that it is a 7 day cruise back to back.  IF such....then the entertainment will be the same.

Weather is not defined.  It could have a heat wave or a cold front.  Best to check a couple of weeks before your cruise for 10 day forecast.

thank you. cr8tiv1--yes. its a 7day cruise times two, so it starts and ends in vancouver. princess is selling them both as a 7day or 14 day. so it is a back to back, but one where you don't have to change cabins or leave the ship for 2 hours if you buy the 14 day version

The Grand Princess will have 2 - 3 production show during the 7 day run.  They will be repeated.  Princess "generally" hires the same entertainers for the season.   They will board in one city and get off on the next or when it is convenient (some are local, most are flown in or alternate ships in the region).  You can expect to see them repeated.  The port talks/naturalists will probably be the same since they are hired for the season.

I would be surprised if you don't have to get off the ship in Vancouver.  

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, warren buffet said:

thank you. cr8tiv1--yes. its a 7day cruise times two, so it starts and ends in vancouver. princess is selling them both as a 7day or 14 day. so it is a back to back, but one where you don't have to change cabins or leave the ship for 2 hours if you buy the 14 day version

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I would be surprised if you don't have to get off the ship in Vancouver.  

The cruise starts and ends in Vancouver, so of course you would have to get off the ship in Vancouver.🙂 You may not need to get off the ship in Whittier, however, if US customs and immigration is handled when you board in Vancouver.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, warren buffet said:

but one where you don't have to change cabins or leave the ship for 2 hours if you buy the 14 day version

It doesn't matter how you book the voyage with respect to needing to disembark and re-embark.

I've taken the 2 x 7 = 14 day RT from Vancouver a couple of times.  The entertainment has mostly been the same, but both times there were some differences. 

Most recently, on the Grand in 2022, there were 2 production shows during the first 7 days, but 3 production shows on the return cruise Whittier to Vancouver (2 of which were the same as going up).

On the Crown Princess in 2014, there were 3 production shows on each leg, but one of the shows on the second leg was different, so we saw 4 different shows over the 14 days.  

FWIW, although it might be a little late for you to book excursions by then, I will be doing a Live From thread on the exact same Voyage of the Glaciers cruise (May 8-23) on the Grand. We will also be on the preceding "single itinerary" 8-day RT out of Vancouver starting April 30. For us we go to the early 7:30 pm show followed by the game show in the Explorers Lounge rather than the 9:30 one so as not to impact any early excursions we have booked.

As far as the weather goes, hopefully we will encounter record highs on our cruise in May! 😂

image.png.5206854f00289594cb0fd3b19871b477.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

The cruise starts and ends in Vancouver, so of course you would have to get off the ship in Vancouver.🙂 You may not need to get off the ship in Whittier, however, if US customs and immigration is handled when you board in Vancouver.

What was I thinking!  

Whittier was THE in-transit stop.  We had to walk off the ship and walk right back on.  Then we explored the small town.  Loved walking the shops.  Met some very interesting folks.  Talked to a Maui transplant for the summer working at an ice cream store. 

My experience was pre-Medallion days.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What was I thinking!  

Whittier was THE in-transit stop.  We had to walk off the ship and walk right back on.  Then we explored the small town.  Loved walking the shops.  Met some very interesting folks.  Talked to a Maui transplant for the summer working at an ice cream store. 

My experience was pre-Medallion days.  

You go through US customs in Vancouver when you board. We had the choice of staying on or getting off in Whittier. On many b2b cruises we have only had to go to a lounge and show our medallion 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

Just now, Bemidji Ty said:

We'll be sailing with you.  Cheers.

It should be fun. If you would like to meet me and the wife for a drink on the ship, my text is 559 709 3470 or 559 800-4568

• Thanks 1