Diamond member speciality dining

B17

If we are both diamond members same cabin do we get one free dining experience plus1 guest each

In other words can I have a free dining experience and take my other half as guest and vice versa

10 hours ago, Até said:

No.  Two Diamond in the same cabin cannot take each other as a guest.   It would be one meal for two people unless you have other non-Diamond guests in the same cabin.   In that case each Diamond can bring a non-Diamond cabin mate.

Yes, they changed this a couple of weeks before our MSC cruise back in January 2018 and would not honor it onboard. It was a sleazy thing to do then, but typical of MSC it seems.

6 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Yes, they changed this a couple of weeks before our MSC cruise back in January 2018 and would not honor it onboard. It was a sleazy thing to do then, but typical of MSC it seems.

Totally agree.  Each person has to earn their points to reach Diamond;  yet one person is effectively being denied ‘their’ perk, if sharing a cabin with another Diamond level member.  Just one more downgrading of the Diamond perks over the years.  Status Match is the sole reason for the erosion of benefits. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Totally agree.  Each person has to earn their points to reach Diamond;  yet one person is effectively being denied ‘their’ perk, if sharing a cabin with another Diamond level member.  Just one more downgrading of the Diamond perks over the years.  Status Match is the sole reason for the erosion of benefits. 

Well, I was the beneficiary of the status match, so I guess I should not be complaining. But those perks were part of the reason why I booked Seaside back then (for my first MSC cruise). We're going again next week (after saying I'd never sail them again) but doing YC so the free Diamond meals aren't as big a deal.

• Like 1

It is still a nice perk for Diamond Members. My husband and I always enjoy the Steakhouse experience. And it is for every cruise you take once becoming Diamond. (We are Diamond on Carnival and each get a “specialty” meal once only.)

On 3/4/2024 at 10:49 AM, Beamafar said:

No longer a real loyalty club as it used to be.

• Like 1