Arcades...Worth it?

Have anyone tried the Arcade Weekly Pass....Are the variety of games worth 175 dollars for the week?

Do they offer day passes for the Arcade as a trial?

I'm a Platinum latitude member...any discounts on the Arcade Pass?

I would love to rekindle that old love of playing games like an inner child again!

You can buy an hourly pass, if I recall.  I would do that and see if it works for you.  I like games, but I didn't find the arcade enjoyable enough to pay for a week there.  YMMV.

It's not like the games we had when we were kids, it's mostly VR stuff.  You won't find Ms Pacman there.

For us it was worth it. We had a 13 year old and 7 year old girls on the Breakaway last week. There wasn't a lot for them to do on the ship so this was a fun alternative. We did the weekly pass and it definitely was worth it for them. On the Breakaway the pass worked on any games that did not provide tickets. There were some vr games, mariokart, air hockey, some shooting games, guitar hero. hope that helps. 

10 hours ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

You can buy an hourly pass, if I recall.  I would do that and see if it works for you.  I like games, but I didn't find the arcade enjoyable enough to pay for a week there.  YMMV.

It's not like the games we had when we were kids, it's mostly VR stuff.  You won't find Ms Pacman there.

I think they are asking about the regular arcade and not the Galaxy Pavilion.  There is not an hourly or daily pass for the regular arcade.  

I got the Arcade pass on my son's card when we were on the Getaway and felt it was worth it.  You can scan the card 3 times in 3 minutes so you can use it for another person in a 2 player game or play a different game while the first person plays.  It also worked on the games in O'Sheenan's.  

I know they meant the arcade, but are you sure there is not an hourly pass?  I remember going in for just an hour.  The NCL website also does show a daily rate.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/arcade-package

as do several threads here on cruise critic.

25 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

I think they are asking about the regular arcade and not the Galaxy Pavilion.  There is not an hourly or daily pass for the regular arcade.  

I got the Arcade pass on my son's card when we were on the Getaway and felt it was worth it.  You can scan the card 3 times in 3 minutes so you can use it for another person in a 2 player game or play a different game while the first person plays.  It also worked on the games in O'Sheenan's.  

Just now, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

I know they meant the arcade, but are you sure there is not an hourly pass?  I remember going in for just an hour.  The NCL website also does show a daily rate.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/arcade-package

as do several threads here on cruise critic.

The link is the arcade package.  Its $25 per person per day but you are paying for the length of the cruise.  That is why the OP said the package was $175.  

19 hours ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

not like the games we had when we were kids, it's mostly VR stuff.  You won't find Ms Pacman there.

Found Ms Pacman on Royal Caribbean, still not worth the time and money.

If you are interested in pinball, come to Pinfest in Allentown, PA May 3 and May 4, $20 to play hundreds of machines all day, $10 for children.  Also colorful t shirts for $20.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:11 PM, Distinctive-Destinations said:

No pinball on the Epic, Sun, or Sky when I checked. That’s an instant deal killer for me, personally.

I can't even imagine trying pinball in heavy seas! 😄

Do they issue a separate arcade only card? Or do they just add it to the room key? My concern is buying the package and then they play the games that are not included and in the process racking up a surprise bill.

it probably all depends on your age. im way to old to consider even going into the arcade, to noisey, to busy, to many kids etc. definitely not for me at 

any price, and you probably cant even get a drink (although i dont know for sure about this)

10 hours ago, BeachBum92 said:

Do they issue a separate arcade only card? Or do they just add it to the room key? My concern is buying the package and then they play the games that are not included and in the process racking up a surprise bill.

It is your room key and yes that is the exact issue. We had some very long conversations with my girls about this. Including that if they used it on the yellow games (the ones not included) those charges would have to be repaid by them. They were very good about it and no yellow swipes were made.