Future Cruise Desk Offer with Refundable Deposit Lapsed - When to expect refund?

When we were on the Summit in August we took advantage of an offer with the future cruise desk that gave us six months to book any cruise to receive the OBC offer and if we didn't book by 6 month mark we'd receive our deposit back.  The refunded deposit part seemed pretty unique to us and we double and triple checked with them that was true before we put the deposit down.  We never found an itinerary we wanted to book and the offer lapsed a few weeks back. Does anyone have any idea when I could expect those deposits refunded to my credit card?   I'm starting to think the offer was really too good to be true and maybe those deposits hang out there indefinitely until we book again one day (without the OBC, obviously). 

Well I can tell you the one I bought 11 years ago still isn't refunded.  I completely forgot about it and  I had a year to use it.  I called recently because I booked a cruise to Alaska and their rep confirmed it should have been refunded and now they are "working on it."  Just give them a call.

Are you sure the deposit is refunded after 6 months? I've never seen that. 6 months is the timeframe where the OBC expires, however the certificate deposit isn't refunded until it goes unused for 12 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Are you sure the deposit is refunded after 6 months? I've never seen that. 6 months is the timeframe where the OBC expires, however the certificate deposit isn't refunded until it goes unused for 12 months. 

Yes you are right, we received refund after expiry which was 1 year.

Recommend reading the fine print on second page bottom.    I purchased some on my December cruise prior to the change to no refund.  

Mine state I have 6 months to convert to a booking or if not booked after 6 months my deposit will be refunded.  

They have had a number of different expiration dates from 6month to 1 year.

I had a 1yr OBC with 1 yr expiration that expired on Jan 1st. I expected they would automatically refund. We were on the Equinox 2 weeks ago and asked about the refund timeframe when we visited Future Cruises. They confirmed that our certificate had expired, but was still showing in the system. The rep needed to request the refund and said it could take 4-6 weeks. 

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Recommend reading the fine print on second page bottom.    I purchased some on my December cruise prior to the change to no refund.  

Mine state I have 6 months to convert to a booking or if not booked after 6 months my deposit will be refunded.  

They have had a number of different expiration dates from 6month to 1 year.

How about 18 months!

6C0DFDCF-25E0-4CCE-A6D2-1841831CB012.jpe

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

How about 18 months!

6C0DFDCF-25E0-4CCE-A6D2-1841831CB012.jpe

would need to turn over --- look at the fine print other side very bottom in fine print.   I think second paragraph.

I asked about 18 month once and they said it was a marketing error and they would never offer again.   LOL

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

would need to turn over --- look at the fine print other side very bottom in fine print.   I think second paragraph.

I asked about 18 month once and they said it was a marketing error and they would never offer again.   LOL

No, it’s 18 months through and through. Here’s the link to the form images:

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2022_11/55DABEEB-1F10-46F5-AB12-E5C4EE2F3772.jpeg.08d2e33a218b3750abf804b83a09b087.jpeg

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2022_11/AA10759F-F58B-4954-8D86-FC16E5A4F421.jpeg.21e997e8d6dafc1fa0cd396cd98a67a3.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Okay, I am home and I am able to post the 18 month Book Later form.  You can see that even the fine print on the back page (2nd image) declares 18 months 

image.thumb.png.44b20d392ef45af7127a5f22ed490142.png

image.thumb.png.4d0197c35d444d8d8137d6f36bbcbfc7.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That's what I was used to seeing on other cruises so when they told us it was refundable I jumped on it.  It sounds like from other posters a call is in order.

Thanks everyone!