Sun Princess Signature suite questions answered!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Hopefully you are in the D0 after 14 October… this. They just cancelled my STAR TA, as well.  Yes, late 2024 & late 2025.  But reconsidering the S9- too crowded for us.

Edited by dog

17 minutes ago, dog said:

Yeah, I don’t really see the difference between S9 and M1 after 14 October. S9 still costs a lot more than M1 in the new price structure and the only added benefit is access to the suite lounge.  The lounge looks beautiful, but it hardly seems like it would be worth the extra cost if that’s all you get. 😕

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

Yeah, I don’t really see the difference between S9 and M1 after 14 October. S9 still costs a lot more than M1 in the new price structure and the only added benefit is access to the suite lounge.  The lounge looks beautiful, but it hardly seems like it would be worth the extra cost if that’s all you get. 😕

The lounge would be nice for us. We’d also like the dining in Signature restaurant. The Sun deck may only be used on port days now for us, as I can’t see enjoying a crowded, shadeless area.  But the chairs in balcony in S9 and the single sofa bed coach are not what we are looking for.

4 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Can I ask that you all take the Sanctuary Collection change to another thread?  I was trying to answer specific questions about the current suite experience as I just got off the ship. There are threads already started. 

Sorry. 

Thanks for the feedback from your past cruise.

changes happening…

19 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I still hope you all get some benefit from my write up.

Did you enjoy the Teppanyaki and Spellbound? Is the cost of Spellbound $149 pp and I read that they have a cocktail/formal dress code?   

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

Did you enjoy the Teppanyaki and Spellbound? Is the cost of Spellbound $149 pp and I read that they have a cocktail/formal dress code?   

Check out my extensive walk through of Spellbound:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2998028-sun-princess-spellbound-question/page/6/

And yes, it was $149 per person.

We also really enjoyed Teppanyaki.  It was something different to do a ship than we have done before.  Our table wasn't as "rowdy" as some of the other tables but that was more the passengers than the chef.  One warning:  Do NOT fill up on the fried rice.  They make a ton of it but the meal is served in stages with the meat coming last.  The rice was served first, then veggies and then meat.  We were already full by the time our meat was served.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

@Sox Fan Cruiser - you probably can't answer this  because it hasn't been implemented on your cruise yet , but it would seem to me that with an S9 you would still get the Signature restaurant while all of the new "Sanctuary Collection" cabins will get the Reserve (which should be re-named!) and the same thing in the Sanctuary itself. Suites should get that aft area beyond the gate and everyone else get the more forward area by the pool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

@Sox Fan Cruiser - you probably can't answer this  because it hasn't been implemented on your cruise yet , but it would seem to me that with an S9 you would still get the Signature restaurant while all of the new "Sanctuary Collection" cabins will get the Reserve (which should be re-named!) and the same thing in the Sanctuary itself. Suites should get that aft area beyond the gate and everyone else get the more forward area by the pool.

My guess is that the 2 private restaurants will become one, using the same kitchen, as they already do. With numerous Specialty & casual restaurants now included in premium packages the Sanctuary collection folks get, it may not be so crowded after all.

And my guess is the Sanctuary will be one- no longer separated.

Anyway, we will see…

1 hour ago, dog said:

My guess is that the 2 private restaurants will become one, using the same kitchen, as they already do. With numerous Specialty & casual restaurants now included in premium packages the Sanctuary collection folks get, it may not be so crowded after all.

And my guess is the Sanctuary will be one- no longer separated.

Anyway, we will see…

I hope not! When we booked there were to be exclusive, dedicated suite spaces. 

Maybe with the extra cabins now included - it stays separated and they do not intend to sell Sanctuary "day passes" like they do on other ships??  🤞🤞

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, happy cruzin said:

Maybe with the extra cabins now included - it stays separated and they do not intend to sell Sanctuary "day passes" like they do on other ships??  🤞🤞

The Sun Deck no longer exists as a separate venue on the new deck plans.  The entire area is now the Sanctuary Club.

image.png.18c88f66c409293cd98fe65bc26dc7b6.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, happy cruzin said:

The exclusive dedicated space for Suite guests is the lounge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, happy cruzin said:

Grrrr……😡

Now there will be a daily race to get lounge chairs in the sun (since it seems like there is no shade).

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, capriccio said:

The Sun Deck no longer exists as a separate venue on the new deck plans.  The entire area is now the Sanctuary Club.

image.png.18c88f66c409293cd98fe65bc26dc7b6.png

Thanks- were there any changes to the restaurants yet?

On 3/8/2024 at 10:30 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

All good questions so far.  Occasionally, I will post the full list of questions so far.  If I "like" you post that confirms that i saw it and added to my list.

I will definitely be doing an overall comparison to the suite experience on other Princess ships (which is lacking at best) and the suite experience on Celebrity (which I love!).  I have very high expectations for the suite experience on the Sun to rival X and be much better than my Princess suite experience to date.  I'll let you know.

I have a group booked in suites on the Star as we LOVED suite class on Celebrity Edge class, hoping for a similar experience! Princesses price point and perks with Premium pkg are better however we're interested in the suite dining room and pool areas...hoping they're not open to more classes than suites as this is what we're booking for.

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

Nope!

IMG_4290.png

They will have to combine the two restaurants into one "private" restaurant.  No way the Reserve Collection Restaurant can accommodate all the Mini-Suites that have been designated as Sanctuary Collection; or could it?

4 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

They will have to combine the two restaurants into one "private" restaurant.  No way the Reserve Collection Restaurant can accommodate all the Mini-Suites that have been designated as Sanctuary Collection; or could it?

Right now it's supposed to accommodate all of the Reserve Collection mini suites and the Reserve Cabana cabins.

In the future it will be for the mini suites (which are now Sanctuary Collection mini suites) and the 16 Deluxe Balcony cabins.
BUT, and it's a big problem, all of the Reserve Cabana cabins that booked before April 23 still get Reserve dining grandfathered in AND it seems that immediately the 16 Deluxe balcony cabins also get the Reserve dining. So for about the next year there will be a massive overcrowding problem (which people have reported has already happened.)

I don't really see them combining the dining rooms. We're in one of the mini suites so I have no skin in this game but, had I booked a suite, at thousands more, I'd be pretty peeved that the dining was combined.

• Like 2

Can always cancel before final payment and if after, with CFAR insurance, if really disappointed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more to come.

I strongly suggest if you have concerns about the new policies you let Princess know.  These lines redo programs alot and if no one says anything they just move along but have seen them 'walk back' their decisions when it negatively impacts a large group that make themselves heard!