Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Q is an interesting place- a bar and restaurant and music venue- is that right?  It’s not on the plan, but maybe stop by for music and a cocktail?  What was here on Escape or Getaway? I cannot remember! 

IMG_6525.jpeg

IMG_6526.jpeg

IMG_6527.jpeg

IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6529.jpeg

IMG_6530.jpeg

Q is good.  Some will criticize it for not being "authentic".  Authentic what?  I'm not sure as there's TX BBQ and KC BQ, heck...we even have a renowned Cincinnati BBQ where I live  (Montgomery Inn).  So, I guess it depends on your particular definition.

I liked it.  

And, even though I'm not a Country Music fan, the band was good, too.

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Q is an interesting place- a bar and restaurant and music venue- is that right?  It’s not on the plan, but maybe stop by for music and a cocktail?  What was here on Escape or Getaway? I cannot remember! 

IMG_6525.jpeg

IMG_6526.jpeg

IMG_6527.jpeg

IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6529.jpeg

IMG_6530.jpeg

We ate at Q and it was average, at best. 

But, the 3 times we sailed with Q onboard, we would pop in after 9pm to enjoy the music and have a drink. It was always almost empty.

All 3 times the bands or duo were really talented and my country music loving wife really enjoyed it.

I discovered the Smoked Peach Margarita on our last sailing and it was delicious!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Chocolate Lava Cake!!!!

That is our go to.  I've been known to skip appetizer and get 2 of those!!

But without that red stuff on top!!  Lol...

It was crazy good last night.  Comparing it to CCL chocolate melting cake- it was even better! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Q is good.  Some will criticize it for not being "authentic".  Authentic what?  I'm not sure as there's TX BBQ and KC BQ, heck...we even have a renowned Cincinnati BBQ where I live  (Montgomery Inn).  So, I guess it depends on your particular definition.

I liked it.  

Got to find an entertainment schedule for Q- sounds fun! 

• Like 1

Buffet breakfast review

Scrambled eggs- 4/10 - runny and lacked seasoning - believed to be real eggs!

Indian breakfast- flavorful, loved the variety 7/10 - totally try it!

bacon- crispy, outstanding 9/10

sausage gravy - 0/10 - no one’s southern grandma is in the kitchen making gravy this morning.  DD says it tasted like peas- I kid you not…

French toast- 7.5/10 - flavorful, a little hard 

cinnamon roll- 5/10 - nothing to write home about 

turkey sausage- 10/10 

all in all, a pretty successful buffet breakfast! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I liked it.  

It's like pizza - you have:

New York Pizza

New Haven Pizza

Detroit Pizza

Chicago Pizza and even 

Quad City Pizza . . .  

• Haha 2

Sad Pro Tip- the American diner does not

serve breakfast, like the MAS used to do.  Forces you to buffet which is a ***** show this morning.  Sigh.  

IMG_6548.jpeg

•  
  • Like 1

Sad, Sad breakfast at the buffet.  But, the DH and bestie showed up so the company is good. And that fresh squeezed juice- outstanding

IMG_6550.jpeg

IMG_6549.jpeg

• Like 1

First sighting of the Observation Lounge- woweeee- beautiful!!! What an amazing space. Unclear what is is used for - just lounging and observing?  Bar hopping this morning.  Only hot item for breakfast was oatmeal- if they threw in some eggs and bacon it would be for the win! Need a base for wine tasting at 11:30!  anyone know what this space is on other away class ships? 

IMG_6545.jpeg

IMG_6546.jpeg

IMG_6543.jpeg

IMG_6542.jpeg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Sad, Sad breakfast at the buffet.  But, the DH and bestie showed up so the company is good. And that fresh squeezed juice- outstanding

IMG_6550.jpeg

IMG_6549.jpeg

Why didn’t you just go to the dining room?

1st wine- Italy Prosecco - Parmesan cheese

2nd - New Zealand - sav blanc with goat cheese

3rd - burgundy, bojulea with cheddar 

4th - French port with blue cheese 

image.jpg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Our tasting  guide.  $19 for two with our FAS+ discount- burning up that upgrade!  We may make money! 

IMG_6551.jpeg

IMG_6555.jpeg

Edited by L1211
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Right?? 

Went on a cruise with my in-laws probably 20+ years ago and every day they would complain to us how breakfast was lousy and cold. I would tell them every day that they should go to the mdr for breakfast, where they make it to order and they would have a better experience.

Needless to say, they complained to us every day and never went to the mdr.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Went on a cruise with my in-laws probably 20+ years ago and every day they would complain to us how breakfast was lousy and cold. I would tell them every day that they should go to the mdr for breakfast, where they make it to order and they would have a better experience.

Needless to say, they complained to us every day and never went to the mdr.

Ha!  The girls love the buffet so the cook was ok but the company great! 

• Like 2

Lunchtime waits - 30 minutes for the Local and here’s the line at American Diner.  Would go to Taste/Savor but we’re dining there tonight…

IMG_6557.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, L1211 said:

Oh good to know!  Do you know if it’s open for lunch? 

Unfortunately none of the specialty restaurants were open for lunch. Food Republic reportedly was open for lunch on port days but it was not listed in the daily as open and I never checked it. Taste,Savor, the local and the diner were the options in addition to the buffet

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

First sighting of the Observation Lounge- woweeee- beautiful!!! What an amazing space. Unclear what is is used for - just lounging and observing?  Bar hopping this morning.  Only hot item for breakfast was oatmeal- if they threw in some eggs and bacon it would be for the win! Need a base for wine tasting at 11:30!  anyone know what this space is on other away class ships? 

IMG_6545.jpeg

IMG_6546.jpeg

IMG_6543.jpeg

IMG_6542.jpeg

The Joy has the same observation deck and waterfront area.  We went on the Joy for spring break last year.  We are heading to the Bliss for the last week of March because we loved the layout of the Joy so much (really loved having cocktails along the waterfront when trying to get away from the crazy pool bars).  Loved all your posts - giving me some great info to work with.  My teenage son is losing his mind because I read on another post there are no crepes at the buffet (he always got them at night on the Joy) so can you tell me if there is any crepe sightings?  Also other than Jersey Boys what is the big headliner show since Six isn't there anymore?  Also good tip on the secret back bar by the vibe!!!  Good intel.

While waiting on lunch, can we Talk elevators???  Oh my!!  We are typically stairs people.  But, the DH is recovering from knee surgery and only has so many steps in him before he’s icing his knee.  So, we’ve been utilizing the elevators much more.  Wowwee- they are crazy busy!  And frustrating- but the people have been lovely.  Lots is patience, humor and manners.  Impressed. 

• Like 1