Emerald Princess - Are all pools available to everyone?

cgolf1

So we booked on the Emerald princess, and am seeing conflicting information on this when researching online especially with the lotus spa pool.

Second question, is what type of pool is the lotus spa pool? Celebrity had a warm water pool in the solarium on a ship we sailed on, thelosotherepy pool (spelling is probably wrong), that was amazing. If this is that type of pool, if they have a weekly pass it may be worth it to us.

The spa pool on Emerald is a free cool/cold water, outdoor, adult only pool with a quiet area sign. It is located below the Sanctuary, but not part of the Sanctuary.

When i say cold water, it is to indicate that it is not a warm pool, though it might be heated to some degree depending upon itinerary. There are also 2 hot tubs in the spa pool area.

• Thanks 1

All pools are open at no charge to all guests, except that the Terrace & Lotus spa pools are adults only. No shade at the Terrace Pool. Lotus Spa pool has limited seating, some may be shaded by the walls of the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, skynight said:

All pools are open at no charge to all guests, except that the Terrace & Lotus spa pools are adults only. No shade at the Terrace Pool. Lotus Spa pool has limited seating, some may be shaded by the walls of the ship. 

Spa pool has limited lounges, but it does have tiered wooden seats at one end, it also has stairs going up to additional lounges on the deck above just outside of sanctuary.

Edited by TRLD
  • Thanks 1

Can't remember for sure on Emerald but on some other ships of the same class the far aft pool has been listed as Adults Only. My wife hangs out there and has never had issues with kids in the pool. Kids are generally only found at the two Lido Deck pools on Grand Class/Gem Class ships.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wcflats said:

It’s been our experience that the crew doesn’t enforce the no kids only rule at any of these locations.

I've used the Lotus pool many times and have NEVER had children in the area.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Can't remember for sure on Emerald but on some other ships of the same class the far aft pool has been listed as Adults Only. My wife hangs out there and has never had issues with kids in the pool. Kids are generally only found at the two Lido Deck pools on Grand Class/Gem Class ships.

I could certainly be wrong but I thought it was the opposite.  I thought it was the forward pool by the sanctuary that was adults only and the aft pool was for anyone?  We are sailing in two weeks with our grandchildren (first time for them - they are only toddlers) so time to figure this stuff out.  Don't want a bunch of angry stares if we are in the wrong place.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

I could certainly be wrong but I thought it was the opposite.  I thought it was the forward pool by the sanctuary that was adults only and the aft pool was for anyone?  We are sailing in two weeks with our grandchildren (first time for them - they are only toddlers) so time to figure this stuff out.  Don't want a bunch of angry stares if we are in the wrong place.

Yes, I understand that the forward pool is Adults Only. However, I just asked my wife about the aft pool as she always uses that pool. She said that on our cruises on Grand Class ships the aft pool - Terrace Pool on Emerald Princess - has always had a sign that said Adult's Only.

Edit: Just did a quick search and found this::

image.png.40c091881b1732913a941187fbef4f44.png

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, I understand that the forward pool is Adults Only. However, I just asked my wife about the aft pool as she always uses that pool. She said that on our cruises on Grand Class ships the aft pool - Terrace Pool on Emerald Princess - has always had a sign that said Adult's Only.

Edit: Just did a quick search and found this::

image.png.40c091881b1732913a941187fbef4f44.png

Usually yes, probably impacted by one of the smoking areas being near that pool

21 hours ago, wcflats said:

It’s been our experience that the crew doesn’t enforce the no kids only rule at any of these locations.

I've never seen children at adults only pools.  I've had more issues with adults acting like children in the adult pool area.   

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

If I remember correctly, no diapers are allowed in the pools, not even swim diapers.

• Like 1

Well, I would have said they are potty trained (they are twins - 2 and a half years old), but the boy had an "accident" at our place on Saturday, so they are certainly not 100% yet.   We will have to see how things progress.

7 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

I've never seen children at adults only pools.  I've had more issues with adults acting like children in the adult pool area.   

Sounds like a weekend party cruise on a Carnival ship! 🤪

Just off the aging Emerald March 6. We exclusively sun baked our lily white bodies around the Terrace pool aft on deck 15.

The adult pool was freezing cold and was completely netted over for 24 hours as chemicals were applied.. Nearest washrooms were indoors by the aft elevators!!

Our relaxing cruise had a total of 8 persons under the tender age of 18, nary a person of such ilk near this pool all cruise.