Should my kids have their own C&A number?

My 11 yo daughter and 8yo son have sailed with us previously a few years back, but I dont think they have C&A numbers, should they?

The C&A Perks list says that kids get the same level as their parents, but does that only apply if they have C&A numbers assigned on their reservations?

(Curious due to the $50 in arcade gets $25 credit at end of cruise, making it a better deal than prebuying arcade credits (if we decide to let them play if the machines are working).

If your kids have cruised with RCI, they should have a C&A number. If you are Diamond, for instance, then your kids should be Diamond also. Call C&A to verify that your kids have numbers and that their status is the same as yours. Their perks on board will be different than yours (no BOGO glass of wine for instance) but they will have several perks that apply to the younger cruisers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

Called C&A and they found my daughter, but they cant confirm my son sailed with us when he was 1 yo <grin>

Anyway, got both their C&A numbers on this reservation and they inherited our emerald.

• Like 1

If you’re none US, you need to opt in and register for C&A (at least all Europe ).

we did it for ourselves and then a year later for our children. By the time they are both legit diamond (not inherited from us) they’ll be 3 and 6 ! Not that it matters until they are older and if they cruise without us but he must be one of the youngest to have been on 80 points worth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If your kids have cruised with RCI, they should have a C&A number. If you are Diamond, for instance, then your kids should be Diamond also. Call C&A to verify that your kids have numbers and that their status is the same as yours. Their perks on board will be different than yours (no BOGO glass of wine for instance) but they will have several perks that apply to the younger cruisers.

Kind of a funny experience. We are Diamond and purchased a cruise with us for our daughter and 6 year old grandson on his first cruise. When we check in, my daughter is Platinum and she was looking at the sea passes, this was when they had a status in bold type on the bottom of the card. Hers says Platinum and our grandsons says Diamond. Since I purchased the cruise he got our status. Didn't really make any difference except now he has the sea pass as a souvenir. 

Posted (edited)

Wondering if our son’s status can be shared with my wife.  Because of work schedules my son has one more than me and two more cruises than my wife.  We are all Diamond on our own since most of the trips have been together.  With our next cruise I will be like a point away from diamond +.  He should make it with the extra cruise.  I’ll need one more and she will need at least  two.

Edited by wdwkings

5 hours ago, Neosophy said:

Thanks for the info.

Called C&A and they found my daughter, but they cant confirm my son sailed with us when he was 1 yo <grin>

Anyway, got both their C&A numbers on this reservation and they inherited our emerald.

From other threads, it sounds like if you can produce your own evidence (like pictures aboard the ship??) that you might be able to get credit?

12 hours ago, wdwkings said:

Wondering if our son’s status can be shared with my wife.  Because of work schedules my son has one more than me and two more cruises than my wife.  We are all Diamond on our own since most of the trips have been together.  With our next cruise I will be like a point away from diamond +.  He should make it with the extra cruise.  I’ll need one more and she will need at least  two.

The webpage perks chart says kids inherit parents level till 18 at which point they do their own level like normal.

14 hours ago, wdwkings said:

How old is your son? Does he still live under your roof? As long as your son is under 18, all family members living in the same household will be the same status as the highest member. It sounds like your son has the most points. If he is under 18, and D+ you and your wife should also be D+. Call C&A to make sure you are.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Kind of a funny experience. We are Diamond and purchased a cruise with us for our daughter and 6 year old grandson on his first cruise. When we check in, my daughter is Platinum and she was looking at the sea passes, this was when they had a status in bold type on the bottom of the card. Hers says Platinum and our grandsons says Diamond. Since I purchased the cruise he got our status. Didn't really make any difference except now he has the sea pass as a souvenir. 

That shouldn't have happened unless he lives with you as a minor.  

Edited by BND

8 hours ago, BND said:

That shouldn't have happened unlesHes he lives with you as a minor.  

He does. his mother and him live with us, so we have the same address and I was paying. But they didn't extend the rating to my daughter, I assume since she has her own account. 

1 hour ago, jcc1025 said:

He does. his mother and him live with us, so we have the same address and I was paying. But they didn't extend the rating to my daughter, I assume since she has her own account. 

C&A simply screwed up.  Status is not transferred from grandparent to child regardless of who pays orvwhether they live at the same address.  It is only transfered between significant others and parent to child under 18.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

C&A simply screwed up.  Status is not transferred from grandparent to child regardless of who pays orvwhether they live at the same address.  It is only transfered between significant others and parent to child under 18.

Of course, if they have custody/guardianship, then it would.  It appears that isn't the case.  I'm guessing Royal for some reason assumed the grandparent was the parent.  

Edited by BND

22 hours ago, BND said:

Of course, if they have custody/guardianship, then it would.  It appears that isn't the case.  I'm guessing Royal for some reason assumed the grandparent was the parent.  

Well since we have the same last name, live in the same house they may not have known that I was the grandparent. We have actually had this happen more that once. Not really a big deal since he didn't get any of the perks that go with our status. More of a funny souvenir than anything else. We are now Diamond+ and going again this year so will be interested to see if he gets upgraded, lol. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 9:08 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

How old is your son? Does he still live under your roof? As long as your son is under 18, all family members living in the same household will be the same status as the highest member. It sounds like your son has the most points. If he is under 18, and D+ you and your wife should also be D+. Call C&A to make sure you are.

On 3/12/2024 at 7:28 AM, Neosophy said:

The webpage perks chart says kids inherit parents level till 18 at which point they do their own level like normal.

Thanks, For the record our last cruise was for his 16th b day.  I did recalculate points and he and i will both hit D+ on our next cruise (if we keep it as planned) since we will be in a suite (gotta love the double points).  So that only leave my wife, but I'm guessing it is easier for the spouse to share status, rather than the child to share status to the parents.  

Edited by wdwkings