Why is RC still going to Labadee?

1 minute ago, UNCFanatik said:

You do know that in July 2023, the US issued a DO NOT GO travel advisory to Haiti, dont you?

And yet Royal still went to Labadee. Can you point out any incidences since July 2023 at Labadee?

These are the do not go travel advisories. Haiti is the only place RCCL goes to currently. Again, just because something has thankfully not happened DOES NOT mean it won't. And if the USA is telling its citizens NOT TO GO, do you really feel confident that will safely have you returned if something happens after being warned? I don't. Again, you guys do what you want. We are all free to do so. I choose not to go to Haiti. I do understand why you feel like you do. You aren't alone. Many people feel like you do. But for me and my family, no way when there are sooooo many other wonderful options. 

Burma (Myanmar) Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel January 22, 2024
Iran Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel January 11, 2024
Yemen Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel December 19, 2023
Afghanistan Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel December 18, 2023
Iraq Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel October 22, 2023
Russia Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel September 5, 2023
South Sudan Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 31, 2023
Somalia Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 31, 2023
Mali Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 31, 2023
Central African Republic Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 31, 2023
Burkina Faso Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 31, 2023
Haiti Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 27, 2023
Belarus Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 26, 2023
North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 24, 2023
Venezuela Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 17, 2023
Syria Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 13, 2023
Libya Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel July 13, 2023
Ukraine Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel May 22, 2023
Sudan Travel Advisory Level 4: Do Not Travel

26 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You are braver than I am. I have no problem with going to Labadee but there is no chance I would do the long or short zip line. I don’t trust contraptions that they strap you. 

As my head tipped lower than my feet, and the pressure changed from my waist to my shoulders and the speed headed towards triple digits, I was seriously reconsidering my previous decisions.  I felt perfectly safe when standing up in the contraption, much less so a few minutes later.🤣

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

If the criminals decide to take hostages

So, there are only criminals in Haiti?  I've been in a port in Israel with gun boats in the harbor.  Red Sea, where security with machine guns boarded the ship for protection. Mediterranean Sea with islands that have many, many civil wars. Argentina with continuous civil unrest. 

You are the very naive one.

Have a safe day.

Edited by steveru621
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

So there are only criminals in Haiti?  I've been in a port in Israel with gun boats in the harbor.  Red Sea, where security with machine guns boarded the ship for protection. Mediterainian Sea with islands that have many, many civil wars. Argentina with continuous civil unrest. 

You are the very naive one.

Have a safe day.

Well Said

3 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

These are the do not go travel advisories. Haiti is the only place RCCL goes to currently. Again, just because something has thankfully not happened DOES NOT mean it won't. And if the USA is telling its citizens NOT TO GO, do you really feel confident that will safely have you returned if something happens after being warned? I don't. Again, you guys do what you want. We are all free to do so. I choose not to go to Haiti. I do understand why you feel like you do. You aren't alone. Many people feel like you do. But for me and my family, no way when there are sooooo many other wonderful options. 

Where were you in July 2023 advocating for Royal to avoid Labadee when the US issued a DO NOT TRAVEL advisory for Haiti? 

You dont have to go to Labadee...good. but the rest of us arent naive if we choose to go. Its not like we are trying to board a plane to vacation in Port Au Prince. Quite the distinction that I am afraid your hyperbole is missing

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm heading to downtown Los Angeles tonight...  Keep me in your prayers. 🙂 

Honestly, I would estimate the risks you are taking an about 1000% more than those going on the beach today at Labadee.  Pretty sure that tonight will not have a zero murder rate in LA.  I am willing to bet that the murder rate at Labadee will be zero this entire year.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Where were you in July 2023 advocating for Royal to avoid Labadee when the US issued a DO NOT TRAVEL advisory for Haiti? 

You dont have to go to Labadee...good. but the rest of us arent naive if we choose to go. Its not like we are trying to board a plane to vacation in Port Au Prince. Quite the distinction that I am afraid your hyperbole is missing

It has just recently boiled over. This clearly is not a good situation currently unfolding in Haiti. To have tourists in the country enjoying themselves while the rest of the country is being overrun by criminals is, to me, disgraceful to the decent people of Haiti under siege at the moment. Pretty disgusting actually.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nolefan95 said:

It has just recently boiled over. This clearly is not a good situation currently unfolding in Haiti. To have tourists in the country enjoying themselves while the rest of the country is being overrun by criminals is, to me, disgraceful to the decent people of Haiti under siege at the moment. Pretty disgusting actually.

July 2023, The US issued the DO NOT TRAVEL advisory to Haiti:

"Do not travel to Haiti due to kidnapping, crime, civil unrest, and poor health care infrastructure."

In, July 2023 the country was overrun by gangs as well. You think the Haitians that work in Labadee want Royal to stop coming? You understand the financial impact that has on the workers and vendors there if Royal doesnt port there? You would deprive these decent Haitians their opportunity to make money?

Your profile says Miami. Should people stop vacationing in Miami because of high crime and people in the city living in poverty?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

23 the country was overrun by gangs as well. You think the Haitians that work in Labadee want Royal to stop coming? Y

6 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

July 2023, The US issued the DO NOT TRAVEL advisory to Haiti:

"Do not travel to Haiti due to kidnapping, crime, civil unrest, and poor health care infrastructure."

In, July 2023 the country was overrun by gangs as well. You think the Haitians that work in Labadee want Royal to stop coming? You understand the financial impact that has on the workers and vendors there if Royal doesnt port there? You would deprive these decent Haitians their opportunity to make money?

Your profile says Miami. Should people stop vacationing in Miami because of high crime and people in the city living in poverty?

Like I said, you do you. Miami is not overrun by criminals. There is not an insurrection happening in Miami. The government of Haiti has just recently been taken over by legit criminals. That wasn't the case in July 2023. Not sure why you are stuck on that. Haiti is currently a country being ransacked by criminals and gangs. That wasn't the case in July 2023 no matter how you want to spin it. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

You don't care about the decent people of Haiti. Not going would hurt the local economy and the Hatian workers and the decent people who depend on Labadee for jobs. If there is anything disgusting it is the self rightous people shedding crocodile tears. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

So you want to cut off the only source of revenue these people have?  Seems like taking jobs away would just compound the problem.  It may not be a lot, but it's certainly better than nothing.

Which is also why there is a local reason to prevent any action.

Nothing wrong if YOU don't want to go.  But why would you want to prevent others from exercising their judgement and go?  Makes no sense.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

How dare you enjoy South Beach while the Haitian population of South Florida squalor in poverty; oh the humanity.................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nolefan95 said:

Like I said, you do you. Miami is not overrun by criminals. There is not an insurrection happening in Miami. The government of Haiti has just recently been taken over by legit criminals. That wasn't the case in July 2023. Not sure why you are stuck on that. Haiti is currently a country being ransacked by criminals and gangs. That wasn't the case in July 2023 no matter how you want to spin it. 

NO NO NO

Haiti is not a country being ransacked, P.A.P. is a city being overrun with criminal activity, the same as it has been for DECADES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Charles4515 said:

You don't care about the decent people of Haiti. Not going would hurt the local economy and the Hatian workers and the decent people who depend on Labadee for jobs. If there is anything disgusting it is the self rightous people sheedding crocodile tears. 

Hurt the local economy? Get out of here. Criminals are taking everything from the citizens of Haiti as we speak. Like I said earlier. You do you. I'll do what's best for my family whose safety is my top priority. Enjoy your trip to Haiti. I seriously do hope you have a great uneventful trip.

Labadee is on the oposite side of the island from Port-au-Prince were all the problems are and you can only get there by boat. They have huad this issue down there several times over the year and it has never effected Laberdee because of its location and there is so significat benifit for the rebels who are trying to take over the goverment and if they do will need every tourist dollar they can get. I would not go down to the south, but have been to Labadee during previous uprising like this and Royal monitors the situation and we never felt threatened. So I would tell my college age kids not to worry but by the way don't go to walking around in Jamaica.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

Hurt the local economy? Get out of here. Criminals are taking everything from the citizens of Haiti as we speak. Like I said earlier. You do you. I'll do what's best for my family whose safety is my top priority. Enjoy your trip to Haiti. I seriously do hope you have a great uneventful trip.

You are the one that is so very naive if you dont think that the criminals werent ravaging the local citizens of Haiti in 2023 as well especially in Port Au Prince. This just didnt start these last few months. 

And yes, if Royal suspends going to Labadee, it will have a detrimental effect on the Haitians that work there

Edited by UNCFanatik
  • Like 1

This is a false rumor that has spread over the years. Labadee is a 35 minute drive from the large city of Cap-Haitien. It is not some isolated place like many say it is. 

9 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You don't care about the decent people of Haiti. Not going would hurt the local economy and the Hatian workers and the decent people who depend on Labadee for jobs. If there is anything disgusting it is the self rightous people shedding crocodile tears. 

Chuck, you have come over to the light.  I am so happy for you!😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

You are the one that is so very naive if you dont think that the criminals werent ravaging the local citizens of Haiti in 2023 as well especially in Port Au Prince. This just didnt start these last few months. 

Ok. We can stop going back and forth now. You aren't changing my mind and I am not changing yours. Like I said, I wish you and everyone that goes there a WONDERFUL TRIP. I have no ill-will towards you. Most likely, nothing will happen. I just refuse to put my family in that situation when our Government says not to go. 

The UK foreign office has advised against ALL travel to Haiti. This has implications for travel insurance policies.

“The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) provides advice about risks of travel to help British nationals make informed decisions. Find out more about FCDO travel advice.

FCDO advises against all travel to Haiti  

Your travel insurance could be invalidated if you travel against FCDO advice. Consular support is also severely limited where FCDO advises against travel.”

Just now, Nolefan95 said:

Ok. We can stop going back and forth now. You aren't changing my mind and I am not changing yours. Like I said, I wish you and everyone that goes there a WONDERFUL TRIP. I have no ill-will towards you. Most likely, nothing will happen. I just refuse to put my family in that situation when our Government says not to go. 

I am just glad Royal didnt suspend their stops in Labadee in July 2023 when the US issued a DO NOT TRAVEL advisory to Haiti like you think they should have. Glad to see 1000s of people enjoying their stop in Labadee and spending money on Haitian vendors. Glad that Royal was able to employ Haitians at Labadee since July 2023 when you think Royal should have stopped going. I cant believe all those US citizens that ignored the US DO NOT TRAVEL advisory to Haiti and risk their lives to go to Labadee. I am amazed they all made it out....

Feel free to do whatever you like with your family but you can spare the rest of us by calling us naive. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

This is a false rumor that has spread over the years. Labadee is a 35 minute drive from the large city of Cap-Haitien. It is not some isolated place like many say it is. 

Grasping those straws I see...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UNCFanatik said:

I am just glad Royal didnt suspend their stops in Labadee in July 2023 when the US issued a DO NOT TRAVEL advisory to Haiti like you think they should have. Glad to see 1000s of people enjoying their stop in Labadee and spending money on Haitian vendors. Glad that Royal was able to employ Haitians at Labadee since July 2023 when you think Royal should have stopped going. I cant believe all those US citizens that ignored the US DO NOT TRAVEL advisory to Haiti and risk their lives to go to Labadee. I am amazed they all made it out....

Feel free to do whatever you like with your family but you can spare the rest of us by calling us naive. 

Now you sound like a travel agent or someone in the industry which I wouldn't doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1