TxTeach79's Norwegian Sun Spring Break Shorty LIVE - 3/13/24

59 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

since I have to work tomorrow. 

It's been written that if you love what you do then you'll never work another day in your life...

You know who wrote that?  An unemployed person!

• Like 1
  • Haha 23

Now that was the debarkation I dream of! So you rented a hotel for the day, is it a set fee or based on how long you will be using it for? I have heard of this but haven't looked into it yet. I would considering doing this if available in Seattle after my cruise.

I have the choice of flights leaving a little earlier than I would like at 11 am and one leaving very late at 11pm. I wouldn't mind doing the late one and having time to visit a few touristy spots and then relax in a room before my flight. 

My other option is a great time 1pm flight but flying into Austin which means bothering someone to come pick us up.

I have the earlier flight booked but that can be changed no penalty, decisions, decisions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Now that was the debarkation I dream of! So you rented a hotel for the day, is it a set fee or based on how long you will be using it for? I have heard of this but haven't looked into it yet. I would considering doing this if available in Seattle after my cruise.

I have the choice of flights leaving a little earlier than I would like at 11 am and one leaving very late at 11pm. I wouldn't mind doing the late one and having time to visit a few touristy spots and then relax in a room before my flight. 

My other option is a great time 1pm flight but flying into Austin which means bothering someone to come pick us up.

I have the earlier flight booked but that can be changed no penalty, decisions, decisions.

I discovered this after an Alaska cruise a couple years ago when we had a late flight…. There are multiple sites - hotels by day, dayuse - that do it. It’s a set price and a set window… so for instance I paid $110 for 10a-5p for this one. You get all the privileges of a normal guest, and you have a comfortable home base for the day. I dig it, especially a day like today where I’m heading home and need to get some work done for the week ahead. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I discovered this after an Alaska cruise a couple years ago when we had a late flight…. There are multiple sites - hotels by day, dayuse - that do it. It’s a set price and a set window… so for instance I paid $110 for 10a-5p for this one. You get all the privileges of a normal guest, and you have a comfortable home base for the day. I dig it, especially a day like today where I’m heading home and need to get some work done for the week ahead. 

This would be a great option for me. Luckily the late flight wouldn't be a problem because the next day is a holiday, no work. Love learning something new, thank you!

• Like 3

Loved following along on your LIVE, Paul. Brought back a lot of memories.  I took my first solo cruise on the Sun 19 years ago, a year after my husband died.  It was a five-day cruise just to see if I could manage cruising alone.  Thanks for the memories.  Have a safe flight home and take it easy on the kids tomorrow.  They’ll have a lot of catching up to do with their friends.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just lost the room at 5…. Now that I’m even an hour farther from flying out, I guess I’m gonna chill in the lobby a bit… I could sit at the bar and have a few and watch games, but tomorrow is gonna be rough enough as it is…

IMG_7531.thumb.jpeg.8a1685b32a9f1f04f9d7542167065ccd.jpeg

• Like 11

Just now, pcvtmom said:

Sure hope you can sleep on the plane! Those middle schoolers will be primed for you tomorrow, for sure! They always are after a break.

don’t I wish! I never can! At this point, not gonna lie… a little part of me is rooting for a cancellation 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9