Travel agent

Looking to book a Mediterranean cruise this August. Am I better off directly booking through RC or does someone have a TA that they have used before that is really good.  I have always booked direct with cruise lines but am interested the benefits of using a TA.  Thank you in advance for the help. 

FWIW, if you sail suites, I could not find any TA that would give better rates than directly. I recently tried a handful of them, one even gave me a higher bid that direct.  The only way I'm seeing that TA's are a big help are to get group rates, so balcony and lower.

• Like 1

I have booked many cruises with a TA and either get a group rate, or some OBC or other perk.  

I always price it on the cruise line's website first, down to the cabin I want, and the deal I get from TA is ALWAYS better than the cruise line directly.  

Just helped a friend book a suite with my TA and she got LOTS of obc that she would not have gotten if she booked directly with Royal.   

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 1:06 PM, alfaeric said:

FWIW, if you sail suites, I could not find any TA that would give better rates than directly. I recently tried a handful of them, one even gave me a higher bid that direct.  The only way I'm seeing that TA's are a big help are to get group rates, so balcony and lower.

You need to look harder 

On 3/14/2024 at 1:21 PM, firefly333 said:

I do know a really good TA. It's against the rules to post his name here.

Ask me if we sail together! Or ask someone elsewhere or on your next cruise.

On 3/14/2024 at 3:21 PM, Another_Critic said:

He's goofing off this week.  Probably exhausted from dealing with the spring breakers on Odyssey. 

He didn’t goof off…..I bothered him this week 😜 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

He didn’t goof off…..I bothered him this week 😜 

I did as well but told him it could wait, but he didn't.  Said if he did he would be swamped upon his return

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You need to look harder 

Thank you, no, I don't.  Not worth the time.

When I see one of them present a price that was higher than what I would pay booking directly- tells me that they have their own shenanigans they play to make it look good. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You need to look harder 

28 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Thank you, no, I don't.  Not worth the time.

For anyone else who might be interested in shopping around, it doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming. There are multiple ways to compare what different online agencies are offering, including the "Find a Cruise" tab at the top of this very page.  And while it's true that the biggest perks come from group bookings, meaning non-suites only, we have received some very worthwhile offers from suite bookings. Our upcoming Symphony suite came with prepaid gratuities and a complimentary specialty dinner for two, for example, and that's for just a junior suite.  

28 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

For anyone else who might be interested in shopping around, it doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming. There are multiple ways to compare what different online agencies are offering, including the "Find a Cruise" tab at the top of this very page.  And while it's true that the biggest perks come from group bookings, meaning non-suites only, we have received some very worthwhile offers from suite bookings. Our upcoming Symphony suite came with prepaid gratuities and a complimentary specialty dinner for two, for example, and that's for just a junior suite.  

Absolutely correct, we book mainly Suites, and have NEVER paid "sticker price", and with very little effort on our part.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

The search engine uses the same popular TA as I have seen on line.  And I've never encountered a "deal" for any of my cruises that Royal didn't offer.  Maybe it's the time of year we cruise, dunno.  

Just did a mock booking for a cruise we just booked- same answer I got when I looked just before booking it on board.

I'll keep trying, but not very hard.

• Like 1

I know a great one (as I know many that post here do), and a good TA is great to have. At minimum I always have some OBC, and someone that I can rely on for anything I need. And there is no reason for it to be any more expensive than booking directly.

Of course, as mentioned, we cannot post TA's here. But if you find one you like I'm sure it will work out great for you.

2 minutes ago, SoFlaCruzer said:

I know a great one (as I know many that post here do), and a good TA is great to have. At minimum I always have some OBC, and someone that I can rely on for anything I need. And there is no reason for it to be any more expensive than booking directly.

Of course, as mentioned, we cannot post TA's here. But if you find one you like I'm sure it will work out great for you.

Having someone go to bat for you when there is an issue, and who knows all the back channels has value that can not be measured. 

• Like 1