Concierge Service on Grand/GEM class ships / $5 Room Service Delivery Charge

cr8tiv1

14 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We don't care if you've spent tens of thousands of dollars on the Sky Suite, it's FIVE DOLLARS PER CALL! 

You are gettin exactly what you paid for. The large suite and large balcony, Sabatini’s breakfast, mini bar, reserve class dining, free laundry etc. We always cruise in full suites but also take the plus package to cover our WiFi, gratuities and drinks. That also covers room service  Nothing in the suite perks says free room service it says you can order from the MDR menu but nothing about it being free. If you get Covid and are quarantined then room service will be free

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

You are gettin exactly what you paid for. The large suite and large balcony, Sabatini’s breakfast, mini bar, reserve class dining, free laundry etc. We always cruise in full suites but also take the plus package to cover our WiFi, gratuities and drinks. That also covers room service  Nothing in the suite perks says free room service it says you can order from the MDR menu but nothing about it being free. If you get Covid and are quarantined then room service will be free

Yes, we know that. It's completely spelled out what is included. 

Does it make sense? No. Does it seem a little nickel and dimey on the part of Princess? Yes.

In our OPINION it should be a suite perk. Ridiculous that it's not. Especially when the upgraded room service menu is a suite perk. They should go hand in hand with each other. 

Wonder what percentage of cruisers choose a suite, but sail without a Plus or Premier fare?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Does it make sense? No. Does it seem a little nickel and dimey on the part of Princess? Yes.

In our OPINION it should be a suite perk. Ridiculous that it's not. Especially when the upgraded room service menu is a suite perk. They should go hand in hand with each other. 

Wonder what percentage of cruisers choose a suite, but sail without a Plus or Premier fare?

All my friends and myself sail with the Plus package. It is just too good a deal to not get

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, memoak said:

All my friends and myself sail with the Plus package. It is just too good a deal to not get

We do too. 

We like knowing our final bill.

We don't shop, go to art, spa, etc. 

Edited by startedwithamouse

47 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Depending on the itinerary, I have sometimes sailed without a package.  Why should I get a package for a 7 night cruise when:

first night specialty restaurant

2 mini-bars

Don't need the special desserts/gym classes

Not a big drinker.

elite 50% off Medallion Net.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Depending on the itinerary, I have sometimes sailed without a package.  Why should I get a package for a 7 night cruise when:

2 mini-bars

Not a big drinker.

I occasionally are on 7 day cruises as part of a b2b and still believe it is worth it but each to their own. Most of our cruises are 14+ days. The point of this thread however is that people in suites should get free room service and free OceanNow while admitting that that is not part of suite perks

Edited by memoak

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

2 mini-bars

Not a big drinker.

We've sailed in a suite a grand total of two times, each time they were longer sailings and we didn't have plus due to cruises being really port intensive. 

Would we get a suite again? Probably not, and stick to our cheap guarantee cabins choosing the Plus option. 

Again, know what it says in writing, but it's still silly suites don't get an included room service perk.

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We've sailed in a suite a grand total of two times, each time they were longer sailings and we didn't have plus due to cruises being really port intensive. 

Would we get a suite again? Probably not, and stick to our cheap guarantee cabins choosing the Plus option. 

Again, know what it says in writing, but it's still silly suites don't get an included room service perk.

If they should get that why shouldn’t they get free casual meals or exercise classes or desserts or a number of other things that are only included if you get a package 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, memoak said:

If they should get that why shouldn’t they get free casual meals or exercise classes or desserts or a number of other things that are only included if you get a package 

The exercise classes have always had a cost, so have some of the casual dining (Ocean Terrace, Planks, Steamers), the desserts have a cost too. 

A phone call is...free. The phone call for changing out a minibar or afternoon tea is free for elites. 

Again, our OPINION is if part of the suite perks is the ability to order off the MDR menu is included, so should the phone call to do so. 

We're really talking apples and oranges here. 😉

You say you order plus every cruise, so really no reason to be going back and forth over our opinion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The exercise classes have always had a cost, so have some of the casual dining (Ocean Terrace, Planks, Steamers), the desserts have a cost too. 

A phone call is...free. The phone call for changing out a minibar or afternoon tea is free for elites. 

Again, our OPINION is if part of the suite perks is the ability to order off the MDR menu is included, so should the phone call to do so. 

We're really talking apples and oranges here. 😉

You say you order plus every cruise, so really no reason to be going back and forth over our opinion. 

So I don’t use room service so I want something else to make up for it like an extra specialty dinner or a 3rd mini bar. Maybe they need to have a menu for suites so you can say trade laundry services for unlimited casual meals

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

So I don’t use room service so I want something else to make up for it like an extra specialty dinner or a 3rd mini bar. Maybe they need to have a menu for suites so you can say trade laundry services for unlimited casual meals

Too funny!  Sure!  LOL

And start building the champagne waterfall in my suite too!  

Enjoy your cruise. 

3 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Too funny!  Sure!  LOL

And start building the champagne waterfall in my suite too!  

Enjoy your cruise. 

Always do but you can have the waterfall. You couldn’t pay me to drink that swill. LOL

2 hours ago, memoak said:

No it is not, unless you do a lot of wine and cocktail drinking. 

3 minutes ago, CU64 said:

No it is not, unless you do a lot of wine and cocktail drinking. 

It depends on what you think is a lot. 3 drink a day plus sodas and coffee drinks and you are ahead of the game 

7 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We stopped getting the packages when we sail in suites. For all the reasons that @cr8tiv1 listed. I also don’t care for the white wines Princess serves so I bring my own anyway. In the Sky Suite you get full size bottles of alcohol and a Nespresso machine in cabin. On all Royal class ships I’ve gotten unlimited water, specially coffees, beer and free evening cocktails in the lounge. The day that Reserve Class dining is not good enough to dine in every night is the day I have to examine if I should be giving Princess my suite business.  Why on earth would I need a package?

And totally agree the $5 charge for using an included perk is ridiculous.  It’s insulting. Suites have cost me from $350 per person per day (S6) up to $1000 per person per day (S0). Lately the price of even S6 Vistas is creeping up. So I’ve started comparing and sailing other lines. For the price I’m paying for Princess suites they just don’t compare to what I’m getting on Windstar or Oceania.  I’ll still sail Princess out of SF as it’s just so convenient.  I have 2 more big dollar suites booked with Princess and after that my suite money will be going elsewhere. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We stopped getting the packages when we sail in suites. For all the reasons that @cr8tiv1 listed. I also don’t care for the white wines Princess serves so I bring my own anyway. In the Sky Suite you get full size bottles of alcohol and a Nespresso machine in cabin. On all Royal class ships I’ve gotten unlimited water, specially coffees, beer and free evening cocktails in the lounge. The day that Reserve Class dining is not good enough to dine in every night is the day I have to examine if I should be giving Princess my suite business.  Why on earth would I need a package?

And totally agree the $5 charge for using an included perk is ridiculous.  It’s insulting. Suites have cost me from $350 per person per day (S6) up to $1000 per person per day (S0). Lately the price of even S6 Vistas is creeping up. So I’ve started comparing and sailing other lines. For the price I’m paying for Princess suites they just don’t compare to what I’m getting on Windstar or Oceania.  I’ll still sail Princess out of SF as it’s just so convenient.  I have 2 more big dollar suites booked with Princess and after that my suite money will be going elsewhere. 

That’s funny we sail in Penthouse suites and a 16 cruise costs us around $4,500 pp with the package. 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That’s funny we sail in Penthouse suites and a 16 cruise costs us around $4,500 pp with the package. 

A lot has to do with the itinerary.  My Alaskan 16 day cruise in 2025 is over $5000 per person in a suite.  Booked on day one.  

iceland/Greenland is over $6 k for 16 days.  

I’m sure prices will only go up.  Rarely do suites drop in price.  Yes, sometimes they do, but not very often.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

A lot has to do with the itinerary.  My Alaskan 16 day cruise in 2025 is over $5000 per person in a suite.  Booked on day one.  

iceland/Greenland is over $6 k for 16 days.  

I’m sure prices will only go up.  Rarely do suites drop in price.  Yes, sometimes they do, but not very often.  

How did you get that Alaska RT LA in August 2025 for 10k on Day 1.

I was quoted around 14 on VTG….about day 4

21 minutes ago, CU64 said:

How did you get that Alaska RT LA in August 2025 for 10k on Day 1.

I was quoted around 14 on VTG….about day 4

Oops...That one, suites were gone by the time I got to it.  Have a mini for $5,365.00.

Meant to say that my Seattle Round trip (17 day) Seattle in May 2025 is $6,449.00 includes Plus in a suite.  

Thanks for catching that. 

Me, an inside cabin peon, reading this thread.  (I mean no shade - I just find it funny how many threads are about things I will never have to think about for myself.)

image.png.fefebec35f4939908e1e31fae5ce1c82.png

• Haha 1