Concierge Service on Grand/GEM class ships / $5 Room Service Delivery Charge

cr8tiv1

I sent an email inquiry to Princess in February....yes, it's now March (after several resent attempts).  I apologize for the PDF format, but there was no other way to transcribe the voice message that Robert left.  This was my phones AI attempt at "translating" voice to text.  I wanted documentation to take on my next cruise.  Feel free to print and take with you also.  Very interesting that "Robert" called me instead of replied by email.  I didn't pick up the unknown number (not Princess) so it went to voicemail.

Bottom line:

There is no concierge's lounge on Grand/GEM class ships (I knew that).

Suite passengers do have access to a concierge through guest services (I knew that too).

If you have PLUS or Premier, you will not be charged the $5 Room Service Delivery Charge for ordering off the MDR menu.

concierge services redacted.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Very interesting that "Robert" called me instead of replied by email.  I didn't pick up the unknown number (not Princess) so it went to voicemail.

The few emails I've mass sent to Princess higher ups that have been acted on have been all from Princess Support team reps. I've called them back and have 2 that I now call for "help" when I need it. I've had a couple very positive results from skipping the emails and calling one of the reps directly. Good contact to have.

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I sent an email inquiry to Princess in February....yes, it's now March (after several resent attempts).  I apologize for the PDF format, but there was no other way to transcribe the voice message that Robert left.  This was my phones AI attempt at "translating" voice to text.  I wanted documentation to take on my next cruise.  Feel free to print and take with you also.  Very interesting that "Robert" called me instead of replied by email.  I didn't pick up the unknown number (not Princess) so it went to voicemail.

Bottom line:

There is no concierge's lounge on Grand/GEM class ships (I knew that).

Suite passengers do have access to a concierge through guest services (I knew that too).

If you have PLUS or Premier, you will not be charged the $5 Room Service Delivery Charge for ordering off the MDR menu.

concierge services redacted.pdf 491.03 kB · 12 downloads

full mdr menu benefit - 'sweet benefit' or 'suite' benefit?

31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

full mdr menu benefit - 'sweet benefit' or 'suite' benefit?

Note that OP mentioned this was an AI translation of voice to text from a phone message recording.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The Grand does not a concierge at guest services

Full suites pay $5 room service if they use the phone

Did you read my pdf communications with "Steve"?  This is why I wanted it in writing.

I did have concierge services on the Caribbean Princess in July and October.  I did have Plus for July, but did not test out the $5.  I didn't have a package in October so didn't want to test out the package.  But was given information from the Food and Beverage Assistant officer who did state everything that "Steve" left in his voice message.

It has been confirmed to me more than once that if you have Plus or Premier, in a suite, you will not be charged $5 for picking up the phone to call room service for suite perk items (like ordering off the MDR menu).  I am not sure if this would apply to normal room service deliveries.  On my last cruise, I was told by my steward that I would need to phone room services for my canapés since he did not provide a door hanger chit.  Didn't test this out either.

I was on the Grand in the Spring of 2022 (or so long ago).  This was before the separation of services.  But, the Loyalty and Event's officer did assure me that Grand/GEM class ships would have concierge services when the switch was made in the summer of 2022.

Did you contact anyone at Customer Services while on the Grand?  I am sorry if you did not receive these services. I am pretty persistent when it comes to getting answers for my inquiries.  

BTW...the concierge can be reached by requesting to speak to him/her...their office is behind the scenes and not available to the public.  I arranged to met each of my CB concierges in public spaces.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Did you read my pdf communications with "Steve"?  This is why I wanted it in writing.

I did have concierge services on the Caribbean Princess in July and October.  I did have Plus for July, but did not test out the $5.  I didn't have a package in October so didn't want to test out the package.  But was given information from the Food and Beverage Assistant officer who did state everything that "Steve" left in his voice message.

It has been confirmed to me more than once that if you have Plus or Premier, in a suite, you will not be charged $5 for picking up the phone to call room service for suite perk items (like ordering off the MDR menu).  I am not sure if this would apply to normal room service deliveries.  On my last cruise, I was told by my steward that I would need to phone room services for my canapés since he did not provide a door hanger chit.  Didn't test this out either.

I was on the Grand in the Spring of 2022 (or so long ago).  This was before the separation of services.  But, the Loyalty and Event's officer did assure me that Grand/GEM class ships would have concierge services when the switch was made in the summer of 2022.

Did you contact anyone at Customer Services while on the Grand?  I am sorry if you did not receive these services. I am pretty persistent when it comes to getting answers for my inquiries.  

BTW...the concierge can be reached by requesting to speak to him/her...their office is behind the scenes and not available to the public.  I arranged to met each of my CB concierges in public spaces.  

Anyone who has a plus or premier package will not pay the &5 charge for calling room service regardless of cabin. I have not found a living breathing concierge on any Grand class ship except for the so called loyalty officers who actually work for future cruise 3rd party company and have a separate desk br the Wheelhouse 

Edited by memoak

1 minute ago, memoak said:

Anyone who has a plus or premier package will not pay the &5 charge for calling room service regardless of cabin. I have not found a living breathing concierge on any Grand class ship except for the so called loyalty officers who actually work for future cruise 3rd party company and have a separate desk br the Wheelhouse 

The "concierge" is not part of the ONE team.  They are part of Customer Service. 

At this time, I can only relay my experiences on the Caribbean Princess (which had living breathing concierges).  I was told by both of them, that it is a service on ALL Grand/GEM class ships.  Again.  No lounge, just modified services.  I have had many conversations with Silviya and Malory. 

I don't think the employees of ONE are officers.  They wear regular suits.  The "concierge/aka events manager" is a junior grade officer who works behind the scenes.

I do hope that future suite passengers on a Grand/GEM class ship will be able to locate their concierge.  There wasn't much I needed to ask them to do for me, but was reassured that if there was something I needed, to contact them.  It's not as easy as going into a Royal Class lounge and speaking with the concierge on duty.  But Princess is trying to even the playing field a bit.

Thank you for further clarifying the $5 Charge (or lack of).  I will have to "test" this all out on my next cruise.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The "concierge" is not part of the ONE team.  They are part of Customer Service. 

At this time, I can only relay my experiences on the Caribbean Princess (which had living breathing concierges).  I was told by both of them, that it is a service on ALL Grand/GEM class ships.  Again.  No lounge, just modified services.  I have had many conversations with Silviya and Malory. 

I don't think the employees of ONE are officers.  They wear regular suits.  The "concierge/aka events manager" is a junior grade officer who works behind the scenes.

I do hope that future suite passengers on a Grand/GEM class ship will be able to locate their concierge.  There wasn't much I needed to ask them to do for me, but was reassured that if there was something I needed, to contact them.  It's not as easy as going into a Royal Class lounge and speaking with the concierge on duty.  But Princess is trying to even the playing field a bit.

Thank you for further clarifying the $5 Charge (or lack of).  I will have to "test" this all out on my next cruise.  

If future cruises are not part of the crew and we know they are not why are they featured on the picture board of officers ?  Are they trying to fool people ?  And if there are concierge services on Grand class why is there no notice in full suites ?

Edited by memoak

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

If future cruises are not part of the crew and we know they are not why are they featured on the picture board of officers ?  Are they trying to fool people ?  And if there are concierge services on Grand class why is there no notice in full suites ?

Those are very good questions of which I do have have an internal source for an answer.  

Maybe the "manager" of ONE is a crew member?  But I have never seen him/her in an officer's uniform during the Meet and Greet for Suite passengers only.  I stopped going to Captain Circle Parties a long time ago.  I'm sure he/she has their hands in organizing that function since it has to do with "Loyalty" member.

The way it was explained to me in 2022:

Loyalty and Events organizer (the one that had an office next to the Future Cruise Department) was going to be split up:

Loyalty would go to ONE.  They would have access to all of the Captain Circle loyalty information and would be in charge of any events that involved loyalty.  Such as:  Most Traveled Lunch, Captain Circle Parties, wine tasting invitations, Recognition of loyalty increments, etc.

Events would become a new department.  They would take care of Weddings, Burial at Sea, AND be the concierge for Suite guest (new).  They do not have a store front office.  They can be reached by requesting contact via Chat or walking up to the Customer Service Counter on Deck 6.  Silviya gave me her direct number.  Malory told me to call Customer Service and ask for a call back.  

Those of you who have not been fortunate to run into a Concierge on a Grand/GEM class ship, I would suggest you take it upon yourself to search out the concierge on your ship.  Please do report back.  I can't imagine that I am the only one who as had a positive experience.

• Like 4

"They mentioned that you were apparently a Cruise Critic spokesperson for a Caribbean 
Princess cruise in 2023. If you are looking to do that again for this upcoming cruise, please reach out to this department directly and they can make 
those arrangements."

???

Also, just to confirm, if sailing in a suite, the $5 charge per room service order applies (just like in a regular cabin), if ordering off the MDR menu?

I organized the Meet and Greet on one of the Caribbean Princess' New England cruise (Fall 2023).  That's what they were referring to ... if ... I was going to do it again to contact group services.  I am not planning on putting together the next group services.  By the way....that is one of the reasons I got to talk to Malory and Silviya.  Malory helped me with the Meet and Greet in the Fall.  Silviya worked with me on several other cruises.

It is my understanding that IF you have a beverage package and call room service for Suite MDR meals..

You will be charge $5 if you DON'T have Plus or Premier.

If you have Plus or Premier, you WON'T be charged.  

I'm happy to relay my experiences.  But I am just the messenger.  Refer back to my original post for details.

17 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

"They mentioned that you were apparently a Cruise Critic spokesperson for a Caribbean 
Princess cruise in 2023. If you are looking to do that again for this upcoming cruise, please reach out to this department directly and they can make 
those arrangements."

???

Also, just to confirm, if sailing in a suite, the $5 charge per room service order applies (just like in a regular cabin), if ordering off the MDR menu?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I organized the Meet and Greet on one of the Caribbean Princess' New England cruise (Fall 2023).  That's what they were referring to ... if ... I was going to do it again to contact group services.  I am not planning on putting together the next group services.  By the way....that is one of the reasons I got to talk to Malory and Silviya.  Malory helped me with the Meet and Greet in the Fall.  Silviya worked with me on several other cruises.

It is my understanding that IF you have a beverage package and call room service for Suite MDR meals..

I'm happy to relay my experiences.  But I am just the messenger.  Refer back to my original post for details.

You are correct in all regards.  We have had a concierge contact on recent cruises on Crown, Emerald and Grand.  These were in late 2023/early 2024.  We were never charged for ordering DR food by phone.  We also had suite only cocktail parties as you describe on all sailings.  We were able to use our concierge contact for many things, just like the Concierge Lounge concierge on the newer ships (reservations, tenders, disembarkation, special requests, etc).  We have 8 more bookings on the Grand and are looking forward to the extra help!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

You are correct in all regards.  We have had a concierge contact on recent cruises on Crown, Emerald and Grand.  These were in late 2023/early 2024.  We were never charged for ordering DR food by phone.  We also had suite only cocktail parties as you describe on all sailings.  We were able to use our concierge contact for many things, just like the Concierge Lounge concierge on the newer ships (reservations, tenders, disembarkation, special requests, etc).  We have 8 more bookings on the Grand and are looking forward to the extra help!

I am so thankful that you chimed in!  Mahalo Nui Loa for confirming some of my experiences.  WHEW.  And to be on the Grand...my favorite ship since they got rid of the Golden.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Still trying to wrap my head around the room service charge for suites, and how the room service should be included. It is what it is though. 

45 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Still trying to wrap my head around the room service charge for suites, and how the room service should be included. It is what it is though. 

I argued the same point with the Food and Beverage assistant officer.  Too me, it seemed illogical that Princess would charge you for a suite perk (MDR menu) that could not be ordered any other way (if you did not have Plus or Premier).  He confirmed with his boss, the senior officer. 

Princess fails badly with anything that would be considered an exception to the rule.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We were never charged for ordering DR food by phone. 

Hi @AnyMajorCruiseDude  are you saying that you did not have Plus or Premier and were not charged for calling in your MDR orders?  If so that would certainly be good news!  I am in a suite on Discovery soon and was told by the shoreside suite concierge that without the package I would be charged. Thanks 

OFFICIAL UPDATE:

Thanks for your reply on Fri.  Fri/Sat are my weekend and I’m just getting back into my work week today.  The $5 service fee for room service delivery charges (made with a phone call to room service) is waived for any guest with Princess Plus or Princess Premier packages regardless of the cabin category they’re in.  This is considered a benefit of having the Plus or Premier package.  Nothing to do with the category of cabin.

We certainly do appreciate your Elite loyalty to Princess. 

Robert

Guest Services

Princess Cruises

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

OFFICIAL UPDATE:

Thanks for your reply on Fri.  Fri/Sat are my weekend and I’m just getting back into my work week today.  The $5 service fee for room service delivery charges (made with a phone call to room service) is waived for any guest with Princess Plus or Princess Premier packages regardless of the cabin category they’re in.  This is considered a benefit of having the Plus or Premier package.  Nothing to do with the category of cabin.

Robert

Guest Services

Princess Cruises

We don't care if you've spent tens of thousands of dollars on the Sky Suite, it's FIVE DOLLARS PER CALL! 

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

OFFICIAL UPDATE:

Robert

Guest Services

Princess Cruises

This is not any surprise. Read the perks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

We don't care if you've spent tens of thousands of dollars on the Sky Suite, it's FIVE DOLLARS PER CALL! 

3 hours ago, memoak said:

This is not any surprise. Read the perks 

It really makes no sense. They are pushing those packages more than they give a hoot about Suite guests. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sounds like some passengers maybe feeling left out/less then because they are not getting the same level of care, recognition and services in Suites as those passengers in Suites on the Royal Class and Sphere Class ships?

Edited by Princessfan20

8 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Sounds like some passengers maybe feeling left out/less then because they are not getting the same level of care, recognition and services in Suites as those passengers in Suites on the Royal Class and Sphere Class ships?

Is room service included without Plus or Premier on Royal or Sphere class?