Apparently, Amazon has a marketing genius.....

Last cruise on Wonder we used an old Seapass card.  Our attendant took it while we were gone.  We did get it back after asking him for it - he had it in his cart.

Today, I learned that Amazon not only has a marketing genius, they have "associates" who earn a commission every time someone buys a cruise product they recommend.  Typical post:  "Hey guys, I just got back from my cruise, and I wanted to share with you how much I loved all the Amazon things some of you recommended!  They made my cruise 100% better!  Here are the products I used all the time......"

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2024 at 5:19 AM, shipgeeks said:

See the post "what are light cards?"

Chief Engineer confirms that not using anything like this will NOT turn off the AC.  In other words, just another unneeded product.

Actually, the lights in our stateroom wouldn’t work.  I can’t remember what ship.  We called the front desk.  Our stateroom attendant came to our room and told us we had to put our card in the slot.  BINGO!  We had lights.

Edited by iuki
Typo

On 3/18/2024 at 10:08 AM, shipgeeks said:

Or not use anything, and let the cabin lights turn off when we are not there. (Why should lights stay on when we're out??)

As Chief Engineer confirms, not inserting a card does NOT turn off the cabin AC.

The problem arises when I need both cards to go obtain drinks, and my traveling companion is staying in the cabin. Then the folded paper or business card goes in the slot.

On 3/18/2024 at 2:59 PM, island lady said:

And ironically, I made it awhile back...but now we are booking with Viking and other lines.  Go figure.  😉 

I'll never make pinnacle for the same reason, mostly booking with other lines since 2022. Free drinks do not make up for cuts to service and food quality for those of us who travel in JS and below. I'll be back on RCI early next year for an itinerary I like, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised by the MDR quality by that point.

• Like 1