Pillows

Does anyone happen to know what type of pillows they have on the Nieuw Statendam?

I'm a bit fussy when it comes to head pillows and am considering bringing my own.

But that already takes up half a suitcase. 🙂

Thank you.

There is a selection on the bed so you can choose.  I don’t know the brand though.  I’ve always slept well with them and the HAL mattresses.  

• Like 3

Pillows on HAL are a pet peeve of mine! They seem to be in need of replacing on every ship we’ve been on in the last couple years - either lumpy or overstuffed to the point of being hard as bricks. I have asked our stewards for replacements and had them looking at me like I was from another planet. Any replacements offered were not an improvement. I have considered bringing one with me but we are flying. We always go in a day early so I may just buy one before I board and leave it there this time!

I take my own pillow everywhere. I have one of this compression bags that don’t require a vacuum and it gets pretty flat. But I have a feather pillow so it could be bulkier if foam. 

• Like 1

We usually bring our own when traveling on land but not flying/cruising. First thing in cabin we test the pillow and if needing a change (we usually do as they can be too soft) we ask the cabin steward for a different pillow. They always find what we need. 

The pillows were too soft for us, no support. This time I brought a regular size pillow cover with zipper, stuffed the x long soft pillow inside making it better. To make sure it didn't get lost in their laundry when they changed the sheets we also brought our own colored pillow case. Took up no space and seems to.fit our need.