Docking in Oslo

1 minute ago, jhannah said:

In the past we've always docked just below Akershus Fortress. It's interesting to go through, and it's just up the hill from where you disembark.

Thanks that was exactly what I need to plan. And yes we plan to tour the castle.

1 hour ago, jhannah said:

In the past we've always docked just below Akershus Fortress. It's interesting to go through, and it's just up the hill from where you disembark.

That was where we docked, its right in town. And the sail in is beautiful. We were on Eurodam, and we did the sail in from about 7 to docking at 10am. Really pretty.

• Thanks 1

I have usually docked where Jim noted, but I have also docked elsewhere. I was surprised to find the ship around the bend once. Not at all far away, but because of the bend, the usual place was out of sight. Confused me for a couple of minutes. 

In both cases the ship was right in the city. 

If you are going to the fortress, there is an interesting Resistance Museum there. Well worth a visit. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

On the 2023 World we docked here - In 2017 we were by the fort.   I think they are using the 2023 dock more frequently now

image.thumb.png.4349ab7759c6f3f4766dddd083e3f2a8.png

This video is a couple of years old, but it does a Google "flyover" of the possible docking locations in Oslo.   The link @Henk123 provided will show you the location - It lists the docks for many cruise lines, but I noticed the quay information is blank for the HAL ships - 

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

10 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

On the 2023 World we docked here - In 2017 we were by the fort.   I think they are using the 2023 dock more frequently now

image.thumb.png.4349ab7759c6f3f4766dddd083e3f2a8.png

Thanks to Pete’s handy map (shown here), I can tell you Rotterdam docked where Zuiderdam is shown above in late June 2023.

• Thanks 1

In the past, port calls were divided the Søndre Akershuskaia pier alongside the fortress and the Filipstadkaia pier to the west (marked on the map above). However, the port authority has moved most of the Akershuskai traffic nearly to the docking facilities on the opposite side of the peninsula at Revierkaia, across from the opera house. It has been improved to provide more sustainable shore power and is now taking far more large cruise ships than before.

You can find the pier assignments here:  https://www.oslohavn.no/globalassets/oslo-havn/dokumenter/cruise/forventede-cruiseanlop-8.2.2024.pdf

SAK is Akershuskaia, the old pier alongside the fortress

REV is Revierkaia on the opposite side of the Akershus peninsula

FIL is Filipstadkaia, west of the city center

Note that pier assignments do sometimes change before the arrival date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2