A strange/ dumb question on corkage fees?

14 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

One of the first things I do when we get onboard is stop by one of the bars and ask for two wine glasses for the room.  Very common request I'm sure since people bring wine on board and would now like to have something to drink it out of.  So it follows that the glass of wine you are now carrying to dinner looks exactly like a glass of wine you just bought at one of the bars. It certainly doesn't look unusual in the least.

FYI, sometimes, at some of the bars they don't like to hand out wine glasses and ask that you get them from the cabin steward.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:36 AM, ilovefriday said:

Thanks, everyone, for the valuable information! Just out of curiosity, is it common to see passengers walking around with a glass of wine in their hands? 

If it is after 6 pm the wine glass is my constant companion.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

FYI, sometimes, at some of the bars they don't like to hand out wine glasses and ask that you get them from the cabin steward.

Have never had that happen, but Celebrity is not our usual cruise line so we will see.

25 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

If it is after 6 pm the wine glass is my constant companion.

Some might say that they would not recognize me without a wine glass in my hand.  A bit judgy and I might be temped to reply that I wouldn't recognize them without a fork in their hand and a mouth full of cake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are allowed one or 2 bottles each.  Put one or 2 in your carry on and one or 2 in your checked luggage.  The worse that can happen is they get confiscated.   Most times it gets passed thru.   

There should be glasses in your cabin, if not ask for some.  Fill the glasses in your cabin and take with.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, miched said:

You are allowed one or 2 bottles each.  Put one or 2 in your carry on and one or 2 in your checked luggage.  

Never thought to put one in carry on and one in checked bag.  The Alcohol Policy says one 750 ml bottle per guest.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cgags47 said:

Never thought to put one in carry on and one in checked bag.  The Alcohol Policy says one 750 ml bottle per guest.

There is no way that they can keep track.   

If you put 2 in your carry on you have one for you and one for the other guest.  🤷‍♂️  

Same in your checked luggage.   Do you think that they will keep track and how could they?  There is no way that they would know that you brought 2 bottles in your carry on when they scan  your checked luggage.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, miched said:

There is no way that they can keep track.   

If you put 2 in your carry on you have one for you and one for the other guest.  🤷‍♂️  

Same in your checked luggage.   Do you think that they will keep track and how could they?  There is no way that they would know that you brought 2 bottles in your carry on when they scan  your checked luggage.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Unless they read this forum.

In 2019 a poster told about being able to buy CBD oil with THC in California  and that she used it every night when on board.  The individual was disembarked at the first port as THC violates Federal law.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Unless they read this forum.

In 2019 a poster told about being able to buy CBD oil with THC in California  and that she used it every night when on board.  The individual was disembarked at the first port as THC violates Federal law.

There's the difference though, bringing wine onto a cruise ship doesn't violate Federal law.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:36 AM, ilovefriday said:

Thanks, everyone, for the valuable information! Just out of curiosity, is it common to see passengers walking around with a glass of wine in their hands? 

20190402_160553.jpg

• Haha 2