Reduced pricing on existing reservation-anyone have experience?

We have a cruise booked for Feb 2025 (it is a Next Cruise booking), and I see that it is now $500 cheaper. Anyone have experience trying to get a price reduction from RCL? 

4 minutes ago, DbPA said:

We have a cruise booked for Feb 2025 (it is a Next Cruise booking), and I see that it is now $500 cheaper. Anyone have experience trying to get a price reduction from RCL? 

Yes just call them. If you are seeing the price correctly and its before final payment, there should be no problem getting it reduced. Just call.

• Like 3

Agree with @firefly333, just call.  We did that already once, and reduced by a good amount, and just a few days ago, changed from an ocean view, to a spacious ocean view balcony for less than we originally booked a year ago, so even if you change now, keep looking for a better deal.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

@Biker19

I thought that during the booking process that you had to state your country of citizenship which negated this option.

Citizenship and residence are different.  Just list your residence any random state.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

@Biker19

I thought that during the booking process that you had to state your country of citizenship which negated this option.

Many North America TAs book folks from all over the world. Citizenship is not a disqualifying criterion for such a booking. Neither is residence. Booking directly on the US RCI site from a different market may have some trip points - booking with a TA avoids that.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Many North America TAs book folks from all over the world. Citizenship is not a disqualifying criterion for such a booking. Neither is residence.

I learned something today. I can know stop posting for 24 hours.

😁

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Booking directly on the US RCI site from a different market may have some trip points - booking with a TA avoids that.

Got it. I do many mock bookings and have hit that trip point on RCI and that is where my comment was coming from.

I do my final reservations with a TA but go to RCI's site for a reference point and general availability.

Makes sense.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Yes just call them. If you are seeing the price correctly and its before final payment, there should be no problem getting it reduced. Just call.

Several of us are booked on a November 2024 cruise and got reductions of $2400 this week. Just call and they'll take care of it.

• Like 5

Just now, GJustice said:

Several of us are booked on a November 2024 cruise and got reductions of $2400 this week. Just call and they'll take care of it.

Now that is really a nice reduction. Even for a suite, its money in your pocket. I dont think I've got any that could go down. If they did I might have to leave the group rate and go nonrefundable so I just leave mine alone, but I didnt book at enough to see a price drop of $2400. Lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJustice said:

Happy to see your group could save some money.

I am starting to notice softness in pricing after September of 2024.

Not drastic but definitely noticeable.

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Now that is really a nice reduction. Even for a suite, its money in your pocket. I dont think I've got any that could go down. If they did I might have to leave the group rate and go nonrefundable so I just leave mine alone, but I didnt book at enough to see a price drop of $2400. Lol. 

It's the "one of a kind" 11 night Southern Caribbean out of Galveston that runs over Thanksgiving. Was over nearly $8K when I booked it.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Actually NOT a Group rate, just talked to some people we know and on here that confirmed they got the same reduction we got. That's for a "standard" balcony, not a suite.

Saw it flash "something" about a 10+ night AND 6 month advance promo applied that I never saw anywhere again during the process.

Edited by GJustice
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GJustice said:

It's the "one of a kind" 11 night Southern Caribbean out of Galveston that runs over Thanksgiving. Was over nearly $8K when I booked it.

Is that the jewel b2b? I have a friend booked that. He quit flying and we have the 7 night mariner booked may 6 and the oct 12 harmony to coco cay booked together. That's the end of my booked cruises out of Galveston.  I'm trying to get moved to PC. 

Edited by firefly333

2 minutes ago, GJustice said:

Actually NOT a Group rate, just talked to some people we know and on here that confirmed they got the same reduction we got. That's for a "standard" balcony, not a suite.

Saw it flash "something" about a 10+ night AND 6 month advance promo applied that I never saw anywhere again during the process.

Lightning strikes and you caught it.

Excellent.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Is that the jewel b2b? I have a friend booked that. He quit flying and we have the 7 night mariner booked my 6 and the oct 12 harmony to coco cay booked together. That's the end of my booked cruises out of Galveston.  I'm trying to get moved to PC. 

Just the 11 night part. We'll be on Mariner with you.

I'm looking at FLL for next year, since NOTHING looks good out of Galveston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

Just the 11 night part. We'll be on Mariner with you.

I'm looking at FLL for next year, since NOTHING looks good out of Galveston.

I got fall of 2024 free, but lots earlier in the year. Got my first out of PC b2b adventure dec 2024 over xmas 2nd leg. Then feb wonder that Bella 2.00 group and they decided to come back to PC 1 night and then 4 day utopia. I'll bet they can make a party in PC for one night. Then I have 8 day adventure to southern, then in may the TA to spain, and the 10 days after leg to rome. Spend a few days and fly home ... then a long time nothing. They are all booked close. 

I dont see anything fall 2024 that I dont have already booked, at ever higher prices. I'm waiting for a deal to drop for fall lol. 

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Citizenship and residence are different.  Just list your residence any random state.  

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You do, just book with a US based  TA.

Not as simple as that as you forgo other rights and protection if you go that route. 

Yes, you have choices but you need to know and understand what you are gaining and losing.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Not as simple as that as you forgo other rights and protection if you go that route. 

Yes, you have choices but you need to know and understand what you are gaining and losing.

I understand that their are consumer protections in UK that are not in the US... That being said we see on this board all the time residents of the UK bemoaning the fact that they can't access price reductions. This thread is about price reductions.