Reduced pricing on existing reservation-anyone have experience?

5 hours ago, ChittyChittyBangBang said:

How far in advanced have you requested shareholder OBC?

I have it on bookings through  May 2025. I don't know of any time restrictions 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I actually never expect any reductions.  Almost all of my cruises are booked when the itineraries are released. I almost always book group rates through my TA so I'm already starting at a reduced price.  The only time I have gotten a reduction in the last year has been on a cruise in 2025 that I booked a GS on and it dropped a tiny bit.  

I used to check religiously now, if I have time, I'll go through them once a month.  When you book right you don't really have to worry about price drops.

Something I've wondered since first reading about group rates: if there is a price drop can you get it? Or are you locked into the already reduced group rate?

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Something I've wondered since first reading about group rates: if there is a price drop can you get it? Or are you locked into the already reduced group rate?

If my TA group rate goes down before 120 days before cruise, I can get the new reduced price. My TA group rate has always been lower than Royal's best price even, with "sale events".

I normally get to pick my cabin with my TA for less than a Royal GTY which with balconies can be a $500 per person difference.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I've never seen a price that dropped lower than the group rate I got except once.  Just after the retart, I think, Royal added Quantum to Seattle doing Alaska.  This was a change that redeployed Quantum from the Asian market.  We were already booked on Ovation with a pretty good price through our TA's group space.  When the Quantum itineraries dropped, of course that increased supply and lowered the price of all Alaska cruises out of Seattle.  Before I even realized there had been a drop my TA emailed me letting me know that there was a drop in the group rate we had already secured.  

That is the only price reduction I have gotten on group space.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yes you can get a price drop.  Just be careful, the prices that you see on Royals site are the non refundable deposit rates.  You may not want to jump on that $20 price drop and then have your booking non refundable vs refundable, although if you are weeks away from final instead of 6 months out that could certainly change your thought process.

• Thanks 2