Top 40 MTP event on a 3 day cruise

32 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

We will be going on the March 31st sailing on the Discovery.  Just wondering what, if anything, they do for the top 40 most traveled passengers.

From our short cruises lately (2-5 days) the top 3 got a comped specialty dining.  On two of them, when we were #1, we also got good champagne and Sabatini's breakfast.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

We will be going on the March 31st sailing on the Discovery.  Just wondering what, if anything, they do for the top 40 most traveled passengers.

Hi Meredith, it’s Wally, I believe for sailings 4 or less days, only the top 10 are recognized and given a voucher good for 2 passengers at a specialty restaurant. For sailings 5+ days, it is actually the top20 plus a guest if applicable to make a total of 40 passengers. Sometimes a solo passenger does not have a plus one to bring.

The top 3 still receive an amenity of Bottle of Wine or Stanley bear. #1 has higher price point for wine/champagne value.

On some short sailings all restaurants can be fully booked, so a discussion with either the lead Loyalty Future Cruise consultant or restaurant manager to get you a reservation might be needed. I have run into this situation a few times.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 2

Usually the numbers of highly travelled guests on those shorter cruises isn't as high as a ten day or longer cruise. 

We recently went on a 5 night sailing and were invited to a cocktail party .. it was quite elegant and the top officers were there to visit with the guests.  So, I think they may be switching it up a bit.  

4 hours ago, 555 said:

Usually the numbers of highly travelled guests on those shorter cruises isn't as high as a ten day or longer cruise. 

It's going to be a lot higher for this sailing.  Many are sailing this 3 night prior to the eclipse voyage. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 555 said:

This is usually the case.  On our recent Med/TA on the Enchanted the cut-off for the MTG Luncheon was 885 sea days!  This was the first luncheon that we missed the cut-off in a long time.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

This is usually the case.  On our recent Med/TA on the Enchanted the cut-off for the MTG Luncheon was 885 sea days!  This was the first luncheon that we missed the cut-off in a long time.

On longer cruises we are seeing the cutoff at 600 or more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

On our recent Med/TA on the Enchanted the cut-off for the MTG Luncheon was 885 sea days! 

Those Atlantic crossings attract the higher up's for sure,

but 885 days is outrageous for any trip. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

Thanks everyone for your input.  I guess we will just wait and see what happens!!

The Alaska 7 day cruises have a pretty low threshold maybe 200-300 days. Last summer we were in the top 10 with 470 days. Sailing Hawaii next month with 500+ days just crossing fingers

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, memoak said:

The Alaska 7 day cruises have a pretty low threshold maybe 200-300 days. Last summer we were in the top 10 with 470 days. Sailing Hawaii next month with 500+ days just crossing fingers

Currently on the Discovery Hawaiian cruise, the cutoff was around 680 days.  

Edited by dweeb

22 minutes ago, dweeb said:

Currently on the Discovery Hawaiian cruise, the cutoff was around 680 days.  

From which port ?  We are on a smaller ship sailing from Vancouver. I know that almost all cruises out of SF and LA have lots of folks like us with over 500 days

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

From which port ?  We are on a smaller ship sailing from Vancouver. I know that almost all cruises out of SF and LA have lots of folks like us with over 500 days

LA round trip

Just now, dweeb said:

LA round trip

Just figured that out we are on the Ruby   Hoping that sailing from Canada and less passengers will help but it is sold out and I do know some of the other passengers are like me with over 500 days