2025 SPA PRICES ...TOO HIGH FOR ME!

hcat

I am a  Cruise ship spa user (up til  now). I generally book 3 services ahead to get the pre booking discount with included grat.. (basic massage, collagen facial and kerastase session.. nothing exotic or fancy) 

Clicked in today to pre book.. Prices for APEX Jan 2025,  gave me some sticker shock!

The prices with grat included are still high,  but the  main problem is that discounted slots are VERY  limited!  Like 1 pm on Sailaway Day..or late at night.  Other times slots were hardly discounted at all,  and were absurdly overpriced for what is included.

Decided to  just book a facial at a mid range high price for my birthday and that's all!  I hope there may be a combo or decent specia offered  on the ship.

Prices for fancier treatnents or pseudo med spa services were really over the top!  It's crazy!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

I am a  Cruise ship spa user (up til  now). I generally book 3 services ahead to get the pre booking discount with included grat.. (basic massage, collagen facial and kerastase session.. nothing exotic or fancy) 

Clicked in today to pre book.. Prices for APEX Jan 2025,  gave me some sticker shock!

The prices with grat included are still high,  but the  main problem is that discounted slots are VERY  limited!  Like 1 pm on Sailaway Day..or late at night.  Other times slots were hardly discounted at all,  and were absurdly overpriced for what is included.

Decided to  just book a facial at a mid range high price for my birthday and that's all!  I hope there may be a combo or decent specia offered  on the ship.

Prices for fancier treatnents or pseudo med spa services were really over the top!  It's crazy!!

No difference at Canyon Ranch near home.  Suggest your better half could do a massage.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

No difference at Canyon Ranch near home.  Suggest your better half could do a massage.

We have great therapeutic  spas here in NY and Fl,  but I enjoy spa time on ships  but will skip it.  ASCENT had much better offers!  

Edited by hcat

Spa prices are indeed high. But still a good place to burn OBC. Ask about specials as they do exist. I recently had a 60-minute deep tissue massage on Ascent for $129 USD by just asking for it at spa reception.

I otherwise find places at the ports that are much cheaper. Google is your friend.

I haven't booked for Dec yet because of the price but I'll probably look at when the ship is in Bimini or wait until on board to see if there are deals - last cruise there was a better deal on board than prebooking

X is going crazy not only with the Spa prices, also with speciality dining. Looking at the poor spa experience the price value is not justified anymore since years.

I have had very  good onboard spa experiences,  but at a certain point I will not go higher.   I no longer tip extra and do not buy products..they add the svc charge to that as well.

Prices in the perfume/ cosmetic store are much better if one is in need of a product.

• Like 1

Yes, prices have jumped. I usually get a few spa treatments and try to use OBC, book on port days (for the discount while they are actually IN port; they always try to book you for sailaway or later), or take advantage of the 10-20-30% plan, which is also not advertised too early in the cruise: 10% off first treatment, 20% off second, and 30% off third one (so make that your most $$$). This time? Nope, just got a nail repaired.