Mariner status (question)...

I am sorry if this is a silly question.  I am contemplating booking a cruise soon.  (Also, nice to see all of you again -- I have been lurking, but not posting so much)

If I book with HAL, or book with a T.A. does that make any difference in earning "stars" with HAL?

---MisterMatthew

5 minutes ago, MisterMatthew said:

I am sorry if this is a silly question.  I am contemplating booking a cruise soon.  (Also, nice to see all of you again -- I have been lurking, but not posting so much)

If I book with HAL, or book with a T.A. does that make any difference in earning "stars" with HAL?

---MisterMatthew

No. The only thing that effects points are:

1 Days Cruising (1 point per day)

2.On Board Spending ( 1 point per day for each $300 spent on board)

3. Bonus (1 point per day if you are in a suite)

HAL's web site has a good explanation on it web site.

Below is a PDF of what you get for each star.

Mariner Society Amenities.pdf

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

No such thing as a stupid question.  Only thing that's stupid is not asking and making a mistake.  Have a great cruise.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, MisterMatthew said:

---MisterMatthew

Absolutely no impact on Mariner star status.

Enjoy!!

12 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

2.On Board Spending ( 1 point per day for each $300 spent on board)

Emphasis on "1 point per day." I.e, if you spent more than $2,100 onboard for a 7 day cruise, you would max out at 7 points; 1 per day.

• Thanks 1

On other boards it has been pointed out that if you purchased the HIA package, you get the amount per day that the number of drinks on the package cover. So if your package is for 15 drinks, even thought you might not have that many drinks, you still get credit.

For me, that explained how I earned the points I did on my last couple of cruises.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2024 at 9:45 PM, oakridger said:

Good to see your name pop up again @MisterMatthew!  Where is your next cruise?

~Nancy

Thank you, Nancy.  I am considering a sailing to Mexico again.  I am debating on going on HAL, RCL, or a line that sails out of S.D. (or, possibly San Pedro, CA.).  But, I am running into some difficulty with RCL at the moment.  Going to post on the RCL boards, shortly. 

I would not want to cross contaminate the message boards, lol.  I am having some problems with taking the plunge with finalizing a booking.  Sigh.  Triple sigh.

----MisterMatthew

• Like 1

HAL has a series of Mexican Riviera, Pacific Coast, and Hawaii/South Pacific cruising out of San Diego primarily on the Koningsdam in the late Fall through the Winter before repositioning to Alaska.  The other cruise lines may stop in SD but very few cruise-line itineraries begin and end in SD.

Oaktreeb, yes indeed. 

I have been eyeing those as well... and, I have seen that HAL has a couple that include Manzanillo.  A port that I've never gone to. 

I must say I am EAGER to sail again.  And, the possibility of having a 3rd (have two now) HAL ship under my belt is intriguing.  I have been on the Euro, and the Zuidy so far.

----MisterMatthew

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MisterMatthew said:

O, I have seen that HAL has a couple that include Manzanillo.  A port that I've never gone to. 

There are a couple of really interesting tours at that port.  HAL does a good job with the Mexico cruises.  I'm looking at another one right now.

• Like 1

One note - If you are in a suite category, you get double points only if you a suite is what you booked originally. If you get a discounted or free upgrade into a suite, you don't get the suite bonus days.

9 hours ago, Zippercat said:

We’re taking our first Alaska CruiseTour in June.  Do the land tour days count for Mariner status, or is it just the days onboard?  Thanks!

Yes land days as part of a package count, any you do on your own do not.