Jet2 - checking luggage query

My understanding of Jet2 is that they permit you to check in your luggage the evening before a flight. We tried this is Birmingham when we were going to Tenerife to board Azura. We were advised that we couldn't check in as we were on a chartered flight. No problem, we took our luggage back across the road to the Hilton and we just checked in the following morning, as per usual. 

This summer we are flying to Malta to join Azura, but travelling on a Jet2 scheduled flight. Does anyone know if we can check our hold luggage in the evening before? We are flying from Bristol and staying at the Hampton, i.e. on site. I don't want to drag my luggage up the hill to the terminal, only to be told that we can't do an early check-in. 

5 minutes ago, ScotchBoy said:

My understanding of Jet2 is that they permit you to check in your luggage the evening before a flight. We tried this is Birmingham when we were going to Tenerife to board Azura. We were advised that we couldn't check in as we were on a chartered flight. No problem, we took our luggage back across the road to the Hilton and we just checked in the following morning, as per usual. 

This summer we are flying to Malta to join Azura, but travelling on a Jet2 scheduled flight. Does anyone know if we can check our hold luggage in the evening before? We are flying from Bristol and staying at the Hampton, i.e. on site. I don't want to drag my luggage up the hill to the terminal, only to be told that we can't do an early check-in. 

I would contact Jet2. I was under the impression that you could only book the luggage in the evening before if you has booked via Jet2 and had a reference number to access their app. The P&O number that you get for accessing the Jet2 system didn't allow full access but as with lots of things that may have changed.

We flew from Bristol to Tenerife in January with Jet2 and weren't able to check our luggage in the night before. The Hampton at Hilton, although on site is a far step from the airport terminal.

We also had to collect our luggage on arrival and it was then transfered, with us, by coach to the ship.

On 3/29/2024 at 10:50 AM, ScotchBoy said:

If you're on the scheduled Jet2 flight from Bristol then you CAN check in the night before from 1630hrs. We did it in November last year on the scheduled flight to Tenerife. 

• Like 1

Thanks newport dave. That's great news! The flight departs at 5:55am, so we can just wander into the terminal half-asleep, and then go straight to departures. Happy days 😎

On 3/29/2024 at 1:05 PM, purplesea said:

We flew from Bristol to Tenerife in January with Jet2 and weren't able to check our luggage in the night before. The Hampton at Hilton, although on site is a far step from the airport terminal.

We also had to collect our luggage on arrival and it was then transfered, with us, by coach to the ship.

I agree, which is why we didn't want to schlep up to the terminal the night before, only to find that we had to take our luggage back down the hill, to have to repeat the whole process at 4am the following morning ! The less we have to bother before the early flight, the better 😄