What did you end up getting when you booked a Guarantee cabin?

Aussie Jeep

4 hours ago, rugerdog said:

My first trip with MSC is in a week.  I booked a Bella Inside and received a premium (B2) balcony.

Geez, we just paid $1100 to upgrade from a fantastica ocean view to a balcony. I’m jealous

2 hours ago, Gebirgsdonner said:

Geez, we just paid $1100 to upgrade from a fantastica ocean view to a balcony. I’m jealous

I must admit, this is the very first time I've ever received an upgrade on any cruise line.  

Also, only my room was upgraded, not my experience.  I'm still on the Bella level.  

Posted (edited)

I booked a Bella inside on the Seascape and was upgraded to a balcony. And instead of purchasing the spa passes for $145pp, I submitted/won a bid for $160pp to upgrade to a Aurea balcony. 

Edited by live.love.cruise

On Magnifica last month my inside cabin I was assigned was forward on deck 12. A lot of people on our roll call page on the book were upgraded to a balcony. 

On 3/31/2024 at 2:35 PM, dunscrimpin said:

I booked an inside guarantee on MSC Euribia and got a balcony  cabin , midship slightly forward on deck 12. Well happy.  

This is our hope 

Even though MSC is far more generous than any other cruise line I know of in terms of complementary Bella upgrades, it sounds as if, while upgrades are definitely possible, more are getting precisely what they booked, relative to prior years.

I guess the moral of the story is, don't book any Bella category if you wouldn't be happy with an assignment within that category.  My GF likes a veranda and can live with ocean view, but she would definitely not be at all happy with an inside cabin.  In fact, she griped a lot about a partially (barely) obstructed veranda (lifeboat), even though the balcony was at least double and possibly triple the usual size.

Booked a Bella interior cabin for relatives, they received free upgrade to Premium Ocean view on MSC Sinfonia.  We are Diamond club members and in Aurea.  They were also offered upgrade to Aurea for £240 pp. 

About 25% of the time a slight upgrade from solo inside to outside. But some of them have been to lousy areas. The worse was right next to the elevator. The elevator itself wasn't loud all the people talking while waiting and the foot traffic passed my door was awful. Open my door and 12 people are staring at me and looking into the room. I try to not book the special single person cabins. I think the bed is uncomfortable and i have no proof but think there is no chance of getting a upgrade unless maybe you have many many points.

Booked a Bella Inside Guarantee for the Seashore in April and got assigned to a Deluxe Balcony. But in the past I've booked Bella Inside Guarantee and ended up with an inside cabin. I'm not real picky about my cabin location so I'm ok with taking the chance on the guarantee cabins.

Booked two Bella Guarantee inside cabins for a cruise with friends end of September.

And well.. Both cabins been changed to a deluxe balcony cabin. What a luck! My first uprade and that even for free.

• Like 1

wow.  surprising to hear about all the unexpected upgrades.  Just booked my first MSC cruise and booked a OV GTY.  Let's see if I get lucky.....my cruise is in June.  How close to sailing do they usually assign cabins?

I really think it's just "the luck of the draw". We have sailed twice. Both times booked a bella gty oceanview and were upgraded to a balcony. We are sailing again in a few weeks. Booked a bella inside gty and that is exactly what we got.