Transportation Early in the Morning

sjmbruce

We'd like to get up pretty early and catch a taxi. Our goal is to have the driver wait for us at sea glass beach while we take some pictures, then drop us off nea/at horseshoe bay so we can walk the trail that connects the nearby beaches. 

Will there be taxis early in the morning? If not, does anyone have a contact we can get ahold of ahead of time to arrange this?

44 minutes ago, sjmbruce said:

Will there be taxis early in the morning? If not, does anyone have a contact we can get ahold of ahead of time to arrange this?

It depends-- assuming you are meaning in the Dockyard (although taxis at the smaller dock in Hamilton proper might be easier). Taxis do rank up at the Dockyard but it depends on how early you intend. You can always call for a taxi or you can use an app called Hitch which works like a local Uber for taxis. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sjmbruce said:

We'd like to get up pretty early and catch a taxi. Our goal is to have the driver wait for us at sea glass beach while we take some pictures, then drop us off nea/at horseshoe bay so we can walk the trail that connects the nearby beaches. 

Start checking the port bermuda webcam when two ships are docked, you'll be able to see the cabs and minivans at the time of day you are interested in.

• Like 1

When is early? I have gotten taxis at 8:30 ish. There usually is a dispatcher at the Dockyard then..If you mean 7 then you need to prearrange  There are three taxi dispatch services  1-441-295-4141 is one I have called but there are two others. There are two taxi dispatch apps, Hitch Bermuda and RideBermuda. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

It depends-- assuming you are meaning in the Dockyard (although taxis at the smaller dock in Hamilton proper might be easier). Taxis do rank up at the Dockyard but it depends on how early you intend. You can always call for a taxi or you can use an app called Hitch which works like a local Uber for taxis. 

Yes, we'll be at the Dockyard. Thanks for the Hitch info!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 7:15 PM, sjmbruce said:

Yes, we'll be at the Dockyard. Thanks for the Hitch info!

We have gotten taxis at 7am for both going to the beach and over to H20 sports. 

On 4/1/2024 at 7:29 AM, Laszlo said:

We have gotten taxis at 7am for both going to the beach and over to H20 sports. 

Were the taxis waiting at the port or did you need to call for one?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sjmbruce said:

You don't have to call anyone. When a cruise ship is in port they are there dam near 24/7. Watch the Bermuda web cam next time the Gem is in port

• Like 1

Now this is puzzling me a bit...we are on Carnival Pride this September and according to the itinerary we arrive in port at Dockyard at 8am on Wednesday.  On Thursday (the next morning) the itinerary says "10:00am".  Does that mean passengers are not let off the ship till 10:00am on Thursday?  I would like to leave for the ferry early, like 8am.  TIA!!

13 hours ago, sjmbruce said:

My advice is that if you want a taxi at 7 or 7;30 is to prearrange. I have been out there early and while there were taxis they had been prearranged. I had arranged the taxis one sailing for a couple of friends  who were going to mass and the other time for my friend  who had a 7:30 tee time at Port Royal. After 8 is when taxis show up in large numbers. YMMV.

27 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Now this is puzzling me a bit...we are on Carnival Pride this September and according to the itinerary we arrive in port at Dockyard at 8am on Wednesday.  On Thursday (the next morning) the itinerary says "10:00am".  Does that mean passengers are not let off the ship till 10:00am on Thursday?  I would like to leave for the ferry early, like 8am.  TIA!!

What is the date? 

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

What is the date? 

September 5, 2024.  I have never been on a cruise ship that has been docked for multiple days thus my confusion. I did find a ship excursion that has a start time of 8:15 but most ship excursions for that day start after 10am.

6 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

September 5, 2024.  I have never been on a cruise ship that has been docked for multiple days thus my confusion. I did find a ship excursion that has a start time of 8:15 but most ship excursions for that day start after 10am.

They don't close the gangway overnight on ships that are in port multiple days. Sometimes they take a ship out and turn it around. Maybe to do maintenance or lifeboat drills. I recall a recent post  where someone mentioned they turned the ship around on thier Bermuda sailing. when omeone asked about what side of the ship they should book.  In that case you will have to pay attention to your ships daily schedule and be off before the turning around. .. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They don't close the gangway overnight on ships that are in port multiple days. Sometimes they take a ship out and turn it around. Maybe to do maintenance or lifeboat drills. I recall a recent post  where someone mentioned they turned the ship around on thier Bermuda sailing. when omeone asked about what side of the ship they should book.  In that case you will have to pay attention to your ships daily schedule and be off before the turning around. .. 

Good to know!  I sent an email to my PVP as well so we shall see!  Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

My advice is that if you want a taxi at 7 or 7;30 is to prearrange. I have been out there early and while there were taxis they had been prearranged. I had arranged the taxis one sailing for a couple of friends  who were going to mass and the other time for my friend  who had a 7:30 tee time at Port Royal. After 8 is when taxis show up in large numbers. YMMV.

@Charles4515 how does one go about prearranging a taxi? (Hubby will also have an early tee time) 

2 hours ago, LImom said:

@Charles4515 how does one go about prearranging a taxi? (Hubby will also have an early tee time) 

Guest services called for us but I also have called one of the taxi dispatch companies Bermuda Island Taxi 1-441-295-4141. There are now two taxi dispatch apps, Hitch Bermuda and RideBermuda. I have not tried those out. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Good to know!  I sent an email to my PVP as well so we shall see!  Thanks again!

Hopefully it won’t be something they do at 3:00 am.

You should be prepared to be flexible and have backup plans. Going that time of year during hurricane season there can be changes. 

• Like 1