Standard?

phabric

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have a Standard cruise fare.  I have purchased the Soda package.

If I order a drink from a passing waiter, am I charged the $14.99/once?

No.  If it’s the soda package, you shouldn’t be charged for the soda by a passing waiter or going up to the bar.

The OceanNow charge 14.99 is charged once you order your first drink or food on the App, once OB.  Then, you can use it to order anywhere on the ship, including to your cabin for drinks or food.  

Basically, it’s a one time delivery fee.  

Edited by PacnGoNow
Correction

That $14.99 charge is just another money making scheme to part people with their $$. As long as you order in person they won't charge you extra.

Someone has to pay for new medallion technology. 

5 hours ago, phabric said:

I have a Standard cruise fare.  I have purchased the Soda package.

If I order a drink from a passing waiter, am I charged the $14.99/once?

No the charge is if you use the app to order. If you order in person you can have all the sodas you want they are included 

Even if you don’t have any package there is no additional charge when ordering from a waiter in a lounge or buffet. You would only be charged for the actual cost of the drink plus the 18 percent gratuity. 

We've even abandoned the soda package - it used to be $6.99/day.  Now we preorder six packs of soda (around $1.50 a can) and bring a 12 pack onboard.  And switch entire Elite minibar to soda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LeeW said:

We've even abandoned the soda package - it used to be $6.99/day.  Now we preorder six packs of soda (around $1.50 a can) and bring a 12 pack onboard.  And switch entire Elite minibar to soda.

The preorder packages of water and soda are a great deal - and we much prefer cans to fountain. We switch out our minibar to soda and water as well. 

32 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

The preorder packages of water and soda are a great deal - and we much prefer cans to fountain. We switch out our minibar to soda and water as well. 

On my recent cruise I only received canned sodas when ordered at the bar or from a bar waiter. I had the plus package. I never was served fountain although I can't say no one on the ship ever received a fountain drink. 

55 minutes ago, skynight said:

On my recent cruise I only received canned sodas when ordered at the bar or from a bar waiter. I had the plus package. I never was served fountain although I can't say no one on the ship ever received a fountain drink. 

This was our recent experience also.  Whenever we ordered a soda it was served in a can.  This was on the Sapphire in January/February.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, CarolynFH said:

Which sodas are available on Princess ships? Coca-cola products? Pepsi products? Any zero-sugar products?

Coke products. Diet Coke as well as other Coke products. Did not see Coke Zero or caffeine free Diet Coke while on board the Ruby a few weeks ago. Take a look at this posting

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CarolynFH said:

Which sodas are available on Princess ships? Coca-cola products? Pepsi products? Any zero-sugar products?

It is Coke products - regular and Diet Coke, Sprite and they do have Sprite Zero now which made my son happy. 

• Like 1