Status match loyalty card

epixx

I have some status with other cruise lines and hotels but do not have an active loyalty card.  Do you know whether MSC accepts other forms of identification (such as screen shot of status from website) for status match?

39 minutes ago, epixx said:

I have some status with other cruise lines and hotels but do not have an active loyalty card.  Do you know whether MSC accepts other forms of identification (such as screen shot of status from website) for status match?

Yes, they do.  We submitted a screen shot showing our loyalty status/point and received our matching status. 

• Like 1

"Attach a scan or screen capture of your current external loyalty card. 

File formats accepted are doc, docx, and pdf. Maximum file size is 4MB. A unique email address is required and once the application has been confirmed, you will receive a message to the email address provided with an MSC Voyagers Club Card Number.
"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, travellovers2 said:

We have diamond status on Royal Caribbean, do they match that to diamond on MSC?

No, that will match to Gold.

Pinnacle would get you a match to Diamond on MSC

Edited by Mark_T

18 hours ago, Mark_T said:

No, that will match to Gold.

Pinnacle would get you a match to Diamond on MSC

We also have Elite on Celebrity and Platinum on Princess. Which one should we give them to get the highest match? 

We're trying to decide if to reserve the World Europa or the Explora II in Europe for 2025. Both are owned by MSC, but would the status apply to both lines? 

We have not sailed MSC since 2013. We're not familiar with them. They seem to have grown a lot. Thank you for your reply.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, travellovers2 said:

We also have Elite on Celebrity and Platinum on Princess. Which one should we give them to get the highest match? 

All of those will match to Gold on MSC.

24 minutes ago, travellovers2 said:

We're trying to decide if to reserve the World Europa or the Explora II in Europe for 2025. Both are owned by MSC, but would the status apply to both lines? 

Explora has it's own 'Exclusive Welcome Match' program so although they do not directly use the MSC program they do offer incentives based on MSC status, and the other lines you mentioned.

Do be aware that MSC only offer the match as a 'one-time' deal, and status only lasts for 3 years if you do not cruise so use it wisely...

Edited by Mark_T

18 minutes ago, Caribean03 said:

We were matched from princess elite to MSC diamond, you need to cruise again within 3 years to maintain loyalty tier.

Yes, Elite on Princess or Zenith on Celebrity would both match to Diamond.

14 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Explora has it's own 'Exclusive Welcome Match' program so although they do not directly use the MSC program they do offer incentives based on MSC status, and the other lines you mentioned.

TYVM  Didn't know this. Will take a look 

On 4/7/2024 at 3:49 PM, Caribean03 said:

We were matched from princess elite to MSC diamond, you need to cruise again within 3 years to maintain loyalty tier.

Not true I am still Diamond after 5 years I believe Covid changed something.

48 minutes ago, George C said:

There were 2 status extensions by MSC during Covid. Depending on when the original status was going to expire, some people got longer extensions than others. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

There were 2 status extensions by MSC during Covid. Depending on when the original status was going to expire, some people got longer extensions than others. 

I was surprised when I booked my December msc cruise that I was and happy I was still diamond, only thing I gain is the free specialty restaurant since I am a veteran and get my ten percent off.

6 hours ago, George C said:

It is true for everyone now though, the Covid extensions will be no help to anyone matching now.

Also important to realize the cut-off is the date the cruise completes, not the date it starts, so a subsequent cruise must end within 3 years of the end of the previous cruise to maintain status.