European to U.S. outlet adpaters

We are going on Harmony OTS later this year and I was watching a you tube video and they were saying the cabins have standard U.S. outlets and European outlets and to buy adapters so you can use all of them. Anyone use these?

Amazon.com: Amazon Basics 3-Pack Travel Plug Adapter Type E/F, Europe - France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Spain, White : Electronics

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, jobinseattle said:

Anyone use these?

Any adapter like that or others should work, assuming everything you plug into them is rated to function on 220VAC. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Any adapter like that or others should work, assuming everything you plug into them is rated to function on 220VAC. 

Yes good comment! It is important to check the required voltages for devices you are plugging in.  Many are 110/220 but some are 110 only.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yes good comment! It is important to check the required voltages for devices you are plugging in.  Many are 110/220 but some are 110 only.

Yes! I burned out a fan because I didn’t know this! I know better now!

Some appliances with heating elements (like hair dryers) are dual voltage, usually with a switch that you MUST set in advance.  Not sure I have ever seen a motor that was dual voltage (USB ones don't count).

17 hours ago, jobinseattle said:

We are going on Harmony OTS later this year and I was watching a you tube video and they were saying the cabins have standard U.S. outlets and European outlets and to buy adapters so you can use all of them. Anyone use these?

Not that exact brand, but have used something similar.  Worked fine for all our electronics, which had switchable power supplies.

• Like 1