Asking guests on Ascent with drink packages to sign slips

Taking the OPs claim at face value, I don't see the big deal. If it wasn't because the order was above the package limit,  and was occurring with multiple users, perhaps there was a tech issue with the card readers at those bars. In any event it would seem that it's all moot, since things appear to have reverted to normal now. Tempest in a teapot anyone?

2 hours ago, Harborgirl246 said:

Those on here who slammed me, maybe should wait until they can prove me wrong.

We're just wondering why any of this matters.

• Like 1

If everyone has to sign a slip, it slows down the service because the bartenders have to print a slip and then wait for people to sign.  I can see why it would be annoying if it was being done at every (or most) bars, especially the busy ones.  Part of the all-inclusive appeal is that you can just order without thinking about it, including waiting for a receipt to sign.

X has had a longtime problem with some bartenders charging multiple drinks to a single card whether they belong to that package or not.  This was probably meant to address that.  Hard to get real analytics if the front line people are doing whatever they want and skewing the results.  I think the answer could be in having drink ordering done via the app, but I don't know that RCCL has the technical know-how to dream that big.

• Like 5

Why would Celebrity require you to sign a receipt with a zero charge  creating more paper when they are trying to go green and eliminate excess paper.  It also adds more useless work for the staff keeping them from serving the passengers.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

If everyone has to sign a slip, it slows down the service because the bartenders have to print a slip and then wait for people to sign.  I can see why it would be annoying if it was being done at every (or most) bars, especially the busy ones.....

....X has had a longtime problem with some bartenders charging multiple drinks to a single card whether they belong to that package or not.  This was probably meant to address that.

I understand this could be frustrating to some if it would slow the process.  But, again, it seems like from what you suggest that the issue may be a result of controlling the process with those who may be having multiple drinks charged to a package, which would be a legitimate concern, and the slips as a way to control that.  That, along with drink charges for those out of the package, are legitimate reasons for this. 

But, as mentioned before, the OP has provided no context with their comments to clarify their concerns, which as a result, has these responses remaining speculative.

31 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I understand this could be frustrating to some if it would slow the process.  But, again, it seems like from what you suggest that the issue may be a result of controlling the process with those who may be having multiple drinks charged to a package, which would be a legitimate concern, and the slips as a way to control that.  That, along with drink charges for those out of the package, are legitimate reasons for this. 

But, as mentioned before, the OP has provided no context with their comments to clarify their concerns, which as a result, has these responses remaining speculative.

I as original poster think this topic should be closed as it has been reported, the Ascent stopped requiring signatures on those who had a drink package and had zero charge.

There is no speculation at this point.