stockperks app for shareholders' OBC

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

And some people like to feel like they own part of the ship they’re sailing on. 

Come to think of it, over the years I’ve encountered quite a few passengers who act like they own the ship! 😱

Yes on both counts, BTW, you don't want to visit the part of the ship I own.

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

True but you still own the shares. If they cost you $1,400 and could now sell them for $2,500, then you’ve made a "profit" (capital gain) of $1,100. Of course you can only realise this if you sell your shares. 

My point was to buy them on their merits, and not just for the OBC. Carnival shares have increased in value since the $8.05 bonds but only at the same rate of capital growth as the Dow, so there are plenty of other shares that would offer the same capital growth and also pay dividends. CCL could shoot up in value, but another act of aggression could also change the face of travel again.

I had $20K worth of shares in the company I work for, under their previous ownership. They would ordinarily be worth around $35K today, along with two nice franked dividends each year. They went from that value to the price of a cup of coffee within a week, and a month later I went from shareholder to unsecured creditor. Not all shares go up over time. Do I think Carnival is a fair deal - yes. Do I think they will surge in price and outstrip the market - no.

As for your point about changing the goalposts for stock ownership - possible. At the current value they are much easier to commit to owning 100 of than they were at the time the OBC arrangement started. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Which ship? 

I was thinkng the part may have been below decks and contains tanks of ????

I thought you would have a cabin on each ship by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I thought you would have a cabin on each ship by now.

I wish, although maybe I don't. Some ships are gone to the scrapheap, and some others should be.

• Like 2

I used Stockperks for an upcoming cruise and was pretty impressed with how quickly things got processed...itook 3 days from uploading share statement to redeeming OBC. I was amazed 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am having dreadful trouble with the Stockperks site and I am hoping that someone can steer me in the right direction.

I bought 100 shares thru' ANZ trading several years ago. CMC Market Invest took over that operation a couple of years ago.

I am having trouble finding where I can print out my investment statement with the date on it.

Has anyone else had this problem? A step by step guide would help me find the date and print out the statement to send to Stockperks.

I sent a printout to them yesterday with a photo from my laptop with the date a the bottom of the screen.

They rejected this and said it was too blurry and that they couldn't see that I had 100 shares.

I would like to persevere and get it accepted as others on the roll call seem to be getting positive results with getting their OBC. Otherwise I might have to do as Julie suggested and take a copy of my statement to guest services when I board the ship, but it still wouldn't have the date stamp on it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jenny

21 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

I am having dreadful trouble with the Stockperks site and I am hoping that someone can steer me in the right direction.

I bought 100 shares thru' ANZ trading several years ago. CMC Market Invest took over that operation a couple of years ago.

I am having trouble finding where I can print out my investment statement with the date on it.

Has anyone else had this problem? A step by step guide would help me find the date and print out the statement to send to Stockperks.

I sent a printout to them yesterday with a photo from my laptop with the date a the bottom of the screen.

They rejected this and said it was too blurry and that they couldn't see that I had 100 shares.

I would like to persevere and get it accepted as others on the roll call seem to be getting positive results with getting their OBC. Otherwise I might have to do as Julie suggested and take a copy of my statement to guest services when I board the ship, but it still wouldn't have the date stamp on it.

Jenny

I also bought my shares through ANZ Share trading, now CMC. I accessed my account and took a screenshot. I up-loaded this onto the Stockperks site. The share statement didn't have a date, but maybe the screenshot showed a date. Anyway, they accepted it.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Did you take an actual  photo? If so photography of monitor screens are not the best.

I would suggest a screen shot. Depending on what operating system your laptop uses you can use the Print Screen Function and save it as a jpeg.

Then you will have a clear image  to upload.

Edited by Mycruiseobsession

6 minutes ago, Mycruiseobsession said:

Did you take an actual  photo? If so photography of monitor screens are not the best.

I would suggest a screen shot. Depending on what operating system your laptop uses you can use the Print Screen Function and save it as a jpeg.

Then you will have a clear image  to upload.

I wanted to take a screenshot (of something else) on my laptop the the other day and realised there was no PTR SCR button. Goggle to the rescue! The Windows logo button + SHIFT + S takes a screen shot and puts it on the clipboard. You can then paste it into an email or wherever. It worked for me, but this wasn’t in relation to shares or OBC. YMMV

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I wanted to take a screenshot (of something else) on my laptop the the other day and realised there was no PTR SCR button. Goggle to the rescue! The Windows logo button + SHIFT + S takes a screen shot and puts it on the clipboard. You can then paste it into an email or wherever. It worked for me, but this wasn’t in relation to shares or OBC. YMMV

Google can be a great resource if you know what you're searching for.

I found this article too, has 7 different  ways to take a screenshot  hope that helps @aussiecruiser66

https://au.pcmag.com/migrated-15175-windows-10/90546/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-11

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Jenny

Printing it out still makes it blurry, and they prefer electronic documents.

On your smartphone, logon to your CMC account and navigate to the portfolio report screen.

On the right side you will see "PDF" and a download button beside it. Click that and it downloads a pdf file  to your phone. Alternatively you can download to your computer, but will need to email that file to your phone for it to be used in the app.

Upload the pdf  file to stockperks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, but I must be having a Nanna moment and I sure hope this will all be worth it 😱

Ok, I have an iPhone 14 Pro.

I have just downloaded the CMC app.

I am on the portfolio screen that shows my name,account number and that I have 100 shares.

I can't find the PDF and download button on the RHS. I went into the "more" option and went through each option and it wasn't there either.

Any ideas????

2 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Sorry, but I must be having a Nanna moment and I sure hope this will all be worth it 😱

Ok, I have an iPhone 14 Pro.

I have just downloaded the CMC app.

I am on the portfolio screen that shows my name,account number and that I have 100 shares.

I can't find the PDF and download button on the RHS. I went into the "more" option and went through each option and it wasn't there either.

Any ideas????

From the landing page after logging-in, on the top menu I click on Account, then select "Statements" from the dropdown. This opens to a page that says "Trading account statement". Beside that, you will see three other tabs - click on "Portfolio Report"

You will see your current shareholdings, as well as the pdf and download button near the RH edge. There are a couple of other page options, but this has worked for me, both by email and now with stockperks. I hope that helps a bit more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh thank you so much 👏👏👏

I followed your explanation and now have exactly what I need!!!!

I suppose it doesn't matter that the Portfolio Report doesn't show the 100 shares- I suppose they can look up my Trading Account Number and see that I have them.

These are the only shares that I own so should it concern me that the Trading A/C no. is on the document or do you blank it out?? How else will they know that I own 100 shares?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but you have all been so patient with your explanations and my two computer guru's (our sons) live a long way away and have young families so I hate to take them away from our grandchildren.

Thanks again.

Jenny

1 hour ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Oh thank you so much 👏👏👏

I followed your explanation and now have exactly what I need!!!!

I suppose it doesn't matter that the Portfolio Report doesn't show the 100 shares- I suppose they can look up my Trading Account Number and see that I have them.

These are the only shares that I own so should it concern me that the Trading A/C no. is on the document or do you blank it out?? How else will they know that I own 100 shares?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but you have all been so patient with your explanations and my two computer guru's (our sons) live a long way away and have young families so I hate to take them away from our grandchildren.

Thanks again.

Jenny

I do black my account number out, as I have the software to do it, but I don't think they can do anything much with that number. In the US, they handover that info instead of a statement.

The questions aren't dumb. When you know, you know. Till then you can just wing it or ask away.

• Like 4

Great news!!!!

I finally got my Stockperks application accepted.

I tried it out on our HAL November 24 Circumnavigation of Australia and got notification less than 24 hours later that the $250 OBC had been applied to our booking.

I love this app- makes it so much easier than sending the stock information with the covering letter to an email address.

Can't wait to use it on more cruises that we have booked in '25 and '26

• Like 6