New England/New York

I have sailed out of New Jersey and New York with Princess but I can't find anymore cruises sailing from there. Does anyone know of any Princess cruises that I am missing?

7 minutes ago, BonnieSte said:

I have sailed out of New Jersey and New York with Princess but I can't find anymore cruises sailing from there. Does anyone know of any Princess cruises that I am missing?

Perhaps go to the Princess site and search for sailings from New York during your desired time frame? Princess have tons of sailings out of Brooklyn (as well as Boston) mostly to Canada/New England. AFAIK, the main lines sailing out of NJ (Cape Liberty) are X and RCCL, Princess use Brooklyn almost exclusively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Perhaps go to the Princess site and search for sailings from New York during your desired time frame? Princess have tons of sailings out of Brooklyn (as well as Boston) mostly to Canada/New England. AFAIK, the main lines sailing out of NJ (Cape Liberty) are X and RCCL, Princess use Brooklyn almost exclusively.

Thats really weird because I did that and couldn't find any. I will have to try again. Thank you for your help!

7 minutes ago, BonnieSte said:

Thats really weird because I did that and couldn't find any. I will have to try again. Thank you for your help!

In 2024 the Island is doing 10 and 11 days in June.  The Enchanted is doing 7 days from late August to late October, all going to NE/Canada.  In 2025, the Island is doing 10 and 18 day cruises in June and July, while the Enchanted is repeating her late August to late October sailings.  Once again all to NE/Canada.

The Enchanted is doing a 14 day repo in August of 2024 and again in August of 2025 which starts in Fort Lauderdale and ends in Brooklyn, stopping in 7 different Caribbean ports in case you wanted to do that as a prelim.

• Like 2

Go to Princess.com, Find Cruises, Start/End Point, Select New York, to see sailings from New York.

Princess typically sails from NYC to New England & Quebec in late summer and fall. They have also added some NYC sailings on the Island Princess and there are a few repositioning cruises. They don't have weekly sailings year round as some other lines do.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonnieSte said:

They have at least one sailing this year out of Brooklyn.  We are sailing on the Island Princess  doing the 21 night Fire & Ice Greenland TA cruise on July 5th to Southampton.   

Good luck in your search

Mike

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind is that, as you can see in the screen shot above, Princess always state "New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn)" even though in the vast majority of cases, the sailings will be from Red Hook in Brooklyn (which is of course technically in New York ;o). It's very unlikely that a Princess sailing will start and end at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

One thing to keep in mind is that, as you can see in the screen shot above, Princess always state "New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn)" even though in the vast majority of cases, the sailings will be from Red Hook in Brooklyn (which is of course technically in New York ;o). It's very unlikely that a Princess sailing will start and end at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

Interesting. Thank you

16 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We've done a New England cruise from NYC and it was great! When I do a search with NY as a start/end port I get 24 results.

Screenshot_20240406_123807_Chrome.jpg

I was hoping to sail south from NY/NE. I live in Maine so it would be handy to have a port close by. My boyfriend now has an aversion to flying. 

5 minutes ago, BonnieSte said:

I was hoping to sail south from NY/NE. I live in Maine so it would be handy to have a port close by. My boyfriend now has an aversion to flying. 

There are a bunch of sailings from Boston this summer. Some are not RT but one way to Quebec City. You can make them RT by booking b2b. Take a look to see what is available. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, skynight said:

There are a bunch of sailings from Boston this summer. Some are not RT but one way to Quebec City. You can make them RT by booking b2b. Take a look to see what is available. 

+1 on that. We are doing our first sailing out of Boston this July, a Canada/New England trip. For us, driving to Boston is even easier than driving to New York.

Posted (edited)

There actually are a few longer duration (10+ days) Princess "southern" sailings in or out of NY, but they tend to be one-wayers between NY and Fort Lauderdale so you would still have at least one flight. Pretty much all Princess return sailings out of NY (Brooklyn) are round trip Canada/ New England sailings, so heading north. Princess doesn't tend to do much out of NY in comparison with other lines like X, RCCL or Norwegian. NCL for example do a LOT of sailings out of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal to Bermuda, with up to three days parked at the Dockyard. A great itinerary. The other lines also do Bermuda out of NY or NJ. AFAIK the other lines also do some southern round-trips out of NY, Princess not so much.

Edited by lx200gps

9 hours ago, BonnieSte said:

I was hoping to sail south from NY/NE. 

The Island is doing 3 10 day sailings in July and August of 2025 that go to the Caribbean as well as an overnight in Bermuda.  I briefly mentioned this in my posting back in the 4 slot on the thread.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

The Island is doing 3 10 day sailings in July and August of 2025 that go to the Caribbean as well as an overnight in Bermuda.  I briefly mentioned this in my posting back in the 4 slot on the thread.  Good luck.

Thank you so much! I think I was just looking to early in the year.

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 11:17 AM, BonnieSte said:

Edited by ImperialLady
didn't read far enough down the thread

On 4/6/2024 at 2:35 PM, lx200gps said:

driving to Boston is even easier than driving to New York

You can easily take the train to NYC as an alternative which is what we do from upstate NY. We did that last summer and will do it again in June. Beats driving!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

You can easily take the train to NYC as an alternative which is what we do from upstate NY. We did that last summer and will do it again in June. Beats driving!

Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Taking any public transport, particularly the train, is an absolute non-starter for us, particularly when carrying luggage. It is far easier to simply climb in the car and get out at our pre-cruise hotel a few hours later than to do the same thing by a convoluted train ride.

Princess does not ( unlike RCCL, NCL and now MSC) cruise from the New York area in winter! Their last cruise every year will be in November one way, then you have to fly home from Fort Lauderdale. We have done this on the Regal ( two weeks in the Caribbean. It’s not so bad as you don’t have to fly in a day early ( worry if you will miss the cruise due to bad weather) and spend for a hotel. They don’t start sailing in New York until late March or early April to Bermuda. That’s a bummer for us as flying to Florida has become an expensive add on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Princess does not ( unlike RCCL, NCL and now MSC) cruise from the New York area in winter! Their last cruise every year will be in November one way, then you have to fly home from Fort Lauderdale. We have done this on the Regal ( two weeks in the Caribbean. It’s not so bad as you don’t have to fly in a day early ( worry if you will miss the cruise due to bad weather) and spend for a hotel. They don’t start sailing in New York until late March or early April to Bermuda. That’s a bummer for us as flying to Florida has become an expensive add on. 

Absolutely. It's always a mystery to us at to why Princess choose to "relatively" ignore such a massively populous market as the US Northeast when their competitors embrace it. We would certainly love more and year-round Princess sailings from both NY and Boston.

• Like 3

On 4/6/2024 at 1:58 PM, BonnieSte said:

Princess gave up summer Caribbean sailings from NYC around 2010. We lived on Long Island and started sailing on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity out of Cape Liberty for Caribbean itineraries  in the Northeast. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 9:58 PM, BonnieSte said:

I recently saw that one of the cruise lines will start sailing south out of Boston, but can’t remember which one.

• Like 1