Sapphire Veranda on the Symphony

Treasure Hunter

We just upgraded from an Aquamarine suite. Are there any perks that we get besides a larger ( two rooms) suite. Can you make reservations for the specialty restaurants earlier ( like Oceania). First timer and confused.

41 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

We just upgraded from an Aquamarine suite. Are there any perks that we get besides a larger ( two rooms) suite. Can you make reservations for the specialty restaurants earlier ( like Oceania). First timer and confused.

These are the features.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-csy-012-240413?menu=suites_and_guest_rooms

Regardless of room you can make reservations 120 days before the cruise begins for the specialty restaurants.

Keith 

• Thanks 1

I see that the description of the suite says “ an attentive butler is included who will make dining reservations and excursion reservations for you.”  But if they are all gone at 120 days before the cruise…..?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I see that the description of the suite says “ an attentive butler is included who will make dining reservations and excursion reservations for you.”  But if they are all gone at 120 days before the cruise…..?

They work like "heck" to try and accommodate you. It might be something like would coming to the restaurant at 8 rather than the 7 you requested work for you? Also, with the capacity on Symphony down to 606 passengers and almost always fewer passengers than that, but the size of the restaurants not reduced, it all tends to work out.

Happy sailing and think you will be very pleased with Crystal.

Patty

• Like 1

Thank you! I have been anxious about dining times as we eat on the early side due to medical issues. But I am sure that it will all work out. We have always wanted to cruise with Crystal. We have been on over 50 cruises on many different lines and are hopeful that we will find our home. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Thank you! I have been anxious about dining times as we eat on the early side due to medical issues. But I am sure that it will all work out. We have always wanted to cruise with Crystal. We have been on over 50 cruises on many different lines and are hopeful that we will find our home. 

The popular dining time varies by cruise. Dining on Crystal begins at 6 PM except Tastes at 6:30 PM. Sometimes there's a short line at Waterside (main dining, no reservations) at 6 PM. It always clears quickly. Solution, arrive at 6:15 PM.  

Hoping you do find a new home!

Patty

• Like 3

Treasure Hunter,

Patty gave you great information.  Let me add that it is a short cruise such as a 7 day cruise with high occupancy where most reservations could be booked for Umi Uma and Osteria. But if occupancy is lower there can be times that they are not all booked up. In addition, on longer voyages there is likely more openings for people to book when they are on board.  Butlers are very helpful and will save you time to see the specialty restaurant.  

Keith

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I would go to see the Maitre on the first day of the cruise after lunch if you are not able to book online before. It is a very short line of people wanting to book directly with the maitre. If you go yourself, and your preferred dining time is not available, you can decide on the spot which other time slot you will take. I would not use the butler for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just returned from 68 days in Symphony with admittedly low bookings and we had no trouble getting into any specialty restaurant. Our butler checked with us around 5 pm and made reservation. We were in Sapphire. 

13 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

We just returned from 68 days in Symphony with admittedly low bookings and we had no trouble getting into any specialty restaurant. Our butler checked with us around 5 pm and made reservation. We were in Sapphire. 

While some were rather low, HK to Singapore was 470. It made a difference. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 5:36 PM, Whipsnade said:

Curious, did they charge you if you did any "extra" nights in the specialty restaurants beyond the included one night in each per segment?

1 minute ago, Whipsnade said:

We were in Sapphire so we had unlimited admission. 

Maybe there was some other reason but in terms of room category this would apply only to those in a CP or Junior CP based on availabilty.

Other instancesof not being charged would include being on a full world cruise, a grand voyage, or having 50 or more Crystal Society milestones.

Keith

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

We were in Sapphire so we had unlimited admission. 

I believe unlimited visits to the specialty restaurants (based on availability) is only offered to guests in the Junior CP and CP…you really lucked out

• Like 2

We really didn’t keep track of how often we went but we surely did not pay extra. We were always most satisfied with Waterside. No question the best menu and preparation on the ocean. We preferred the offering in Waterside more than Osteria. 

• Like 1

I have a text message that a "TA verified that guests with over 50 milestone points get unlimited free speicalty restaurants if available."

We haven't tested this yet.

20 minutes ago, crickette said:

I have a text message that a "TA verified that guests with over 50 milestone points get unlimited free speicalty restaurants if available."

Yes, we’ve tested. It’s correct. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crickette said:

Yes. We can attest to this 50 cruise perk. However, the operative word is “if available”. We found it challenging, if not downright impossible to get additional reservations beyond our pre-reserved online reservations on close-to-capacity sailings.

Rob

The Crystal Society Milestone Program which I posted the other day reaffirms who gets unlimited visits to the specialty restaurants, based on availability. Just as in the past, those who have 50 or more milestones are not charged for additional visits.

Keith 

I just read an article by the Travel Market report that states that all 12 Sapphire veranda suites on the Symphony have a washer/dryer. 

Can anyone confirm this? 

Thanks, Gary

14 hours ago, ryndam said:

We found it challenging, if not downright impossible to get additional reservations beyond our pre-reserved online reservations on close-to-capacity sailings.

Thanks for that information, Rob.

On my upcoming Serenity cruise, which is 15 nights and which appears to be well-booked, I've been able to schedule one reservation each for the three restaurants, but I'll need to schedule the second allowed reservation for each of the restaurants once onboard.  Is it this kind of reservation you're talking about being difficult to get, or do you mean it will be difficult to get reservations beyond the second ones?  Thanks again.

11 minutes ago, Galan32 said:

I just read an article by the Travel Market report that states that all 12 Sapphire veranda suites on the Symphony have a washer/dryer. 

Can anyone confirm this? 

Thanks, Gary

I believe the Symphony Sapphire suites from the 2018 renovation are the only ones with the washer/dryer combo….not the classic or 2023 ones

nancy

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

or do you mean it will be difficult to get reservations beyond the second ones?  Thanks again.

We found it nigh impossible to get reservations in either Umi Uma or the Italian specialty restaurant for our "included" second reservations (it was longer cruise where the 2nd reservation must be booked onboard), as well as any additional reservations as part of our 50+ milestone perk. Reservations in Tastes was never a problem. The Serenity was a nearly full-up sailing. Perhaps the situation has improved since January. For our next sailing, we will enjoy our pre-booked first reservations and really not expect to be able to dine again for a 2nd (or 3rd...) time in either specialty restaurant. Our expectations have been lowered.

Fortunately, every meal in Waterside was excellent, so we certainly never felt deprived of a fine dining experience.

Rob

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Galan32 said:

Never mind my first post.  I read the article hastily and missed the part about only the 2017 redesigned Sapphire suites have the washer combo.

Correct and they are great IMHO.

Keith