Drinking water questions...

6 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

You can also take the bottle of water that's in the cabin. Be sure to let the cabin steward know what you're doing so you're not charged for it.

That's what we've done as well the last couple of cruises. We just ask the room steward to log those in as our free bottles. May involve a little extra work on their part but we always tip above the daily gratuity rate (in cash) so we are comfortable with our request.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks so much for your reply, I greatly appreciate it. Is there a way to know my status before I go on cruise? 

Sounds like red, but you can sign into your Carnival account, go to your profile and click on "my benefits". That will show you what your VIFP level is.

4 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Sounds like red, but you can sign into your Carnival account, go to your profile and click on "my benefits". That will show you what your VIFP level is.

Thanks so much, I greatly appreciate it at this time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mz-s said:

Those are just examples...surely you don't expect them to list every kind of drink you can bring on? You can bring on 12 non-alcoholic canned or carton drinks 12oz or less each...no alcohol but anything else is fine...

I definitely don't expect them to list every drink, but water is pretty is pretty general; they could just say "all water" instead of singling out, "sparkling water".

1 hour ago, sportscruiser said:

I definitely don't expect them to list every drink, but water is pretty is pretty general; they could just say "all water" instead of singling out, "sparkling water".

Those are just examples. The key words are "non-alcoholic...packaged in cans or cartons". Reading is fundamental.

• Like 1

Perhaps it is an urban myth, but I find my swollen ankles are not a problem when I drink bottled water instead of ship water.  I still drink ship water during meals, but other than that it is bottled water. I haven't changed my food or alcohol choices, so that isn't a variable.  I do drink a lot of water and I think the ship's water still contains more sodium than bottled.  So, I fall on the bottled water side and I love that I don't have cankles anymore.      

1 hour ago, abby1257 said:

So we get one free 1.5L bottle of water, why would anyone get it at the bar when they have some in your room?

At least some of the bars keep their large bottles of water refrigerated, so if you want to drink it right then it's cold from the bar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abby1257 said:

So we get one free 1.5L bottle of water, why would anyone get it at the bar when they have some in your room?

Is the bottle per cabin or per person?

5 hours ago, Luvtoeat said:

Is the bottle per cabin or per person?

It's for each person with red status or above, so if you are cruising with someone on their first cruise you would receive it and they wouldn't.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 5:06 PM, abby1257 said:

If you are sitting out on deck and decide you want your free bottle of water there, why would you go back to your cabin?

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 9:04 AM, dctravel said:

This! The card is coded in their system exactly like sparks1093 noted.

I would also point out that if you are gold or higher, your free drink coupon for the last night is coded the same way. Just go to a bar and tell them you want to use your free drink coupon (after 5 pm). It works on nearly any drink (I think the stated limit is $12.50, but my wife got a slightly more expensive drink and the whole thing came off).

You may not even need to tell them you want to redeem the free drink coupon; when they scan your card, they'll know if you've used it or not.

I didn't mention it and got $11 off the price of a chocolate martini.

That was Sept, so the limit may have increased.

20230922_185932.thumb.jpg.1b6b3b5cb4a39e77d9b19a3fde3b9c29.jpg

20230922_190002.thumb.jpg.a8e9691229aa0daa9f7eff21f06e70ea.jpg

On 4/10/2024 at 4:59 PM, RoperDK said:

Perhaps it is an urban myth, but I find my swollen ankles are not a problem when I drink bottled water instead of ship water.  I still drink ship water during meals, but other than that it is bottled water. I haven't changed my food or alcohol choices, so that isn't a variable.  I do drink a lot of water and I think the ship's water still contains more sodium than bottled.  So, I fall on the bottled water side and I love that I don't have cankles anymore.      

Not urban myth  - it has been discussed on CC threads that ship water does have more salt. I think @chengkp75 can provide details.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Not urban myth  - it has been discussed on CC threads that ship water does have more salt. I think @chengkp75 can provide details.

You sure it doesn't have anything to do with all the food that many of us choose to eat on cruises?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I don't believe I've ever said that ship's water has more sodium than bottled water, though it may.  Typical bottled water has 5ppm sodium.  Water produced onboard by evaporators has less than 1ppm, while RO produced water has under 20ppm, typically 10ppm or less.  Water loaded in ports can be much higher, Miami is well over 20ppm, for instance.  What I believe the biggest problem with ship's water is the lack of potassium and magnesium, that are removed by the desalination process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I don't believe I've ever said that ship's water has more sodium than bottled water, though it may.  Typical bottled water has 5ppm sodium.  Water produced onboard by evaporators has less than 1ppm, while RO produced water has under 20ppm, typically 10ppm or less.  Water loaded in ports can be much higher, Miami is well over 20ppm, for instance.  What I believe the biggest problem with ship's water is the lack of potassium and magnesium, that are removed by the desalination process.

Yes, thanks for clarifying - what I remembered you saying is in your last sentence.

As always, appreciate you weighing in 👏