Drinking water questions...

We last cruised in 2019 and since that time, have transitioned to drinking almost nothing except water.  I'm unsure of how to handle this as our 6 night cruise approaches in May.  What is the water situation on board?  I remember lemonade and fruit punch (?) but unsure of water.  Is it drinkable if dispenses from the juice machines?  Has anyone tried the canned drinking water since we aren't allowed to bring bottles on board?  I know we can pre-buy a 12 pack but $15 is steep.  

Thanks for any input!

Water from the tap in your cabin and in the restaurants is fine to drink and there is no extra cost.  I've been drinking ship water for 42 years!  

~Nancy

• Like 13

Plenty of free water onboard and it tastes just fine. We only use bottled water for shore excursions and stopped buying the cases when we started buying Cheers.

• Like 1

If you are a past Carnival cruiser you will get a free large 1.5L bottle of spring water, redeemable at any bar or your stateroom.

As has been stated the water that comes out of any tap, even your stateroom restroom, is perfectly safe to drink. Not that it will change anyone's mind who thinks that only bottled water is safe, but here is Carnival's FAQ page on the topic. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1197/~/onboard-water

• Like 3

If you are not trusting the ships water - you could always bring a water bottle on board that has a built in filtration system / purifier attached.   Bring it on board empty and use it all over the ship.

Not only is there water in the juice/lemonade/ice tea machines, but there is also water in the fountain self-service soda machines (you can get the water for free, you have to pay for the soda by the ounce) and in several ice/water machines located all over the ship. We thought it tasted fine too. We brought our own reusable water bottles, and just used the cups provided to fill up our bigger bottles (they don't want you putting your bigger bottle under the dispenser).

One note about the free 1.5L bottles for repeat cruisers. Our experience on the Jubilee recently was that you have to go to a bar to get it (1 per person). We didn't realize that until nearly the end of the cruise, so we ended up only getting 1 of the 4 bottles that we could have gotten. Oh well!

• Like 2

We would hit up the water and ice dispensers in Lido several times a day.  The water comes out luke warmish, so the ice melts fast...it is a fine dance of ice-water-ice-water to fill it up and keep it cool.

I always forget to go and redeem my free water bottles as well.  But the tap is fine for me so it doesn't bother me much...not like the fridge would cool it down that much anyway.

• Like 2

I know you can no longer bring plastic water bottles onboard, but can you bring the carton packaged water in either your carry on or checked luggage? If not, my friend will just have to play the ice-water-ice water game. 😂

Thanks @mz-s! I had poured over that page but it only mentions "bottled" water; nothing about  cartons of water(any liquid would have to be under 12oz; most of the cartons look like they come in 11.2 oz). Thinking it should be allowed...but one never knows. 😁

I

14 minutes ago, sportscruiser said:

Thanks @mz-s! I had poured over that page but it only mentions "bottled" water; nothing about  cartons of water(any liquid would have to be under 12oz; most of the cartons look like they come in 11.2 oz). Thinking it should be allowed...but one never knows. 😁

I

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less, per person.

Yeah, I saw that too but it does say "sparkling" water. I was hoping to bring on regular water in cartons. Hoping maybe I can get away with it by saying it's "sparkling" if I can't find the actual answer, lol. Thanks

1 minute ago, sportscruiser said:

Yeah, I saw that too but it does say "sparkling" water. I was hoping to bring on regular water in cartons. Hoping maybe I can get away with it by saying it's "sparkling" if I can't find the actual answer, lol. Thanks

It is the carton that matters

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sportscruiser said:

Those are just examples...surely you don't expect them to list every kind of drink you can bring on? You can bring on 12 non-alcoholic canned or carton drinks 12oz or less each...no alcohol but anything else is fine...

16 hours ago, dctravel said:

One note about the free 1.5L bottles for repeat cruisers. Our experience on the Jubilee recently was that you have to go to a bar to get it (1 per person). We didn't realize that until nearly the end of the cruise, so we ended up only getting 1 of the 4 bottles that we could have gotten. Oh well!

You can also take the bottle of water that's in the cabin. Be sure to let the cabin steward know what you're doing so you're not charged for it.

1 hour ago, Jayhoaps said:

So just to clarify, repeat cruisers can get a free 1.5 L bottle of water? I have been on a total of 2 cruises on Carnival, my third one will be this coming September.

That is correct. You might have to go to a bar to obtain it (something that might be left over from COVID days). I'll know in 10 days if that has changed 🙂.

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

You can also take the bottle of water that's in the cabin. Be sure to let the cabin steward know what you're doing so you're not charged for it.

I went to the atrium bar on my last cruise to get my water and the bartender told me the same thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

That is correct. You might have to go to a bar to obtain it (something that might be left over from COVID days). I'll know in 10 days if that has changed 🙂.

So how do I go about obtaining the water at the bar. How does the bartender know I have sailed with Carnival? Do I just show them my card or ID? Sorry don't know how it works my last carnival cruise was 2012

12 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

So how do I go about obtaining the water at the bar. How does the bartender know I have sailed with Carnival? Do I just show them my card or ID? Sorry don't know how it works my last carnival cruise was 2012

They'll know when they see your room key by the color it is.

11 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Your Sail and Sign card is color coded to reflect your status. As long as it is not blue you are entitled to this perk. When they scan your card it will show them this also and whether or not you have already claimed it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Your Sail and Sign card is color coded to reflect your status. As long as it is not blue you are entitled to this perk. When they scan your card it will show them this also and whether or not you have already claimed it. 

This! The card is coded in their system exactly like sparks1093 noted.

I would also point out that if you are gold or higher, your free drink coupon for the last night is coded the same way. Just go to a bar and tell them you want to use your free drink coupon (after 5 pm). It works on nearly any drink (I think the stated limit is $12.50, but my wife got a slightly more expensive drink and the whole thing came off).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Thanks so much for your reply, I greatly appreciate it. Is there a way to know my status before I go on cruise?