Sharing wifi in separate cabins

I will be cruising with a friend but have separate cabins. Is there any reason I can’t sign up for the multi device wifi package and have my friend log in under my navigator account to use the wifi?  I do realize she wouldn’t be able to monitor her onboard account or use any other Navigator app functions while logged into my account. In the long run, it would save us each about $200, so I just want to know whether it can be done before we decide if it’s worth the hassle. 

Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

I will be cruising with a friend but have separate cabins. Is there any reason I can’t sign up for the multi device wifi package and have my friend log in under my navigator account to use the wifi?

I believe this will work. Following to see if someone has done it!

I’ve bought internet on my account and registered us for the cruise under my husband’s. I had to keep logging in and out of both accounts to use internet and to check our spending. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I believe this will work. Following to see if someone has done it!

I've done it (if I am now going to HAL internet jail, you'll have to bail me out @crystalspin). You'll use the log in of the person who has the internet and cannot both be in at same time. The "piggybacking" friend will NOT see their own account statement but WILL see the account of whoever they logged in as, as well as having full access to that person's profile.

IMO, quite different doing it w/SO than a friend. But yes, it does work.

• Haha 1

But to use the Navigator App and see your account on the TV does not require purchasing WiFi at all. It's on the ship's Intranet. It's separate so your friend can still use all the Navigator functions.

~Nancy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I've done it (if I am now going to HAL internet jail, you'll have to bail me out @crystalspin). You'll use the log in of the person who has the internet and cannot both be in at same time. The "piggybacking" friend will NOT see their own account statement but WILL see the account of whoever they logged in as, as well as having full access to that person's profile.

IMO, quite different doing it w/SO than a friend. But yes, it does work.

If we purchase the multiple device package, we should both be able to use our devices at the same time though, right?  And have you done this with someone occupying a different cabin?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

If we purchase the multiple device package, we should both be able to use our devices at the same time though, right?  And have you done this with someone occupying a different cabin?

Correct on multiple devices using at same time - you can do up to 4 (if you buy the multi device pkg as you mentioned). But you both still have to use the same log in. That's why it doesn't matter if it's a different cabin - you're logging in as 1 person (who obviously is only in 1 cabin).

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

Great. Sounds like it’s going to work!  Thanks so much. 

The Multi Device Premium Plan does not specify how many devices you use during your cruise, e.g. four cellphones, three tablets, two IPads, six laptops, two smartwatches, etc.).  It only allows you to connect up to four of your unlimited devices at any one time using the purchased account.

• Thanks 1

My husband and I always share one wifi account. I have to log out of my Navigator and log in to his for it to work. I can do that from anywhere on the ship, so logging in from two,different cabins would be no different. The only thing is you need to be comfortable with your friend having access to your account in Navigator.

• Like 2