Princess please being back the Crew Show!

I saw Ron Goodman's name on a thread and it made me laugh as I remembered all the crew shows that I saw him in his pink tutu during the "if I was not upon the sea" song during the crew show. 
Used to love seeing all the crew show off their talent. It was always well attended and such a special thing. Great outlet for the crew to have some fun and show off. 

Princess, please think about bringing it back! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Just now, JimmyVWine said:

I would seriously pay money to see Billy Hygate reprise his Fiddler on the Roof performance. 

OMG, yes I have seen it.  LOL

I too love the crew shows.  Occasionaly there is one, but they are very rare now.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I saw Ron Goodman's name on a thread and it made me laugh as I remembered all the crew shows that I saw him in his pink tutu during the "if I was not upon the sea" song during the crew show. 
Used to love seeing all the crew show off their talent. It was always well attended and such a special thing. Great outlet for the crew to have some fun and show off. 

Princess, please think about bringing it back! 

Haven't seen that in awhile but I did on rccl  with that being said my sailing Sunday shows in journey view. Crew variety show on the last night!

• Like 2

One of the last crew shows I saw had CD David Cole.  This WAS, by far, the best entertainment on the ship.  What a glorious memory on the last night.  Too bad it was only one show...too bad it has gone by the wayside.  And the best part for Princess...was it cost them little to nothing.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

One of the last crew shows I saw had CD David Cole.  This WAS, by far, the best entertainment on the ship.  What a glorious memory on the last night.  Too bad it was only one show...too bad it has gone by the wayside.  And the best part for Princess...was it cost them little to nothing.

David Cole was a brilliant cruise director. He made our Hawaii trips so memorable. What a gem!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

We have a crew show on our sailing departing Sunday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

Too many complaints of Princess exploiting the crew and forcing them to participate. Would love to see it return.

Interesting comment.  I once asked a CD what happened to the crew show.  He replied that the problem was that there were too many crew wanting to participate and they all had similar talent making it difficult to be fair in choosing.

I remember the large balloons being hit all over the theater to keep us busy while we waited for the show to begin.

On Caribbean Princess, it was James Lay, Lisa Ball and their cruise in the show.  We laughed so hard we cried.

It was definately a great ending to the cruise.

I remember one bartender, Jonathan,  who was on a few of our sailings and would play the Ukulele at night at Crooners on one ship and Vines on another.  Everyone would always love it and it was the perfect way to end the night.  I'll have to ask Jovie if she knows if he is still around. 

I know he was in the show one time. 

I just checked my app for the 4/20 Enchanted sailing and there isn't one listed.  😞

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Interesting comment.  I once asked a CD what happened to the crew show.  He replied that the problem was that there were too many crew wanting to participate and they all had similar talent making it difficult to be fair in choosing.

Then they should have more! 😄 If they did a few for each sailing, more could participate.

I suspect it requires them to take too much time away from their regular duties to rehearse though.

9 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I remember one bartender, Jonathan,  who was on a few of our sailings and would play the Ukulele at night at Crooners on one ship and Vines on another.  Everyone would always love it and it was the perfect way to end the night.  I'll have to ask Jovie if she knows if he is still around. 

I know he was in the show one time. 

I just checked my app for the 4/20 Enchanted sailing and there isn't one listed.  😞

He was on the December 2nd sailing of the Royal Princess out of Sydney, Australia. I loved when he would play the ukulele and sing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Firefly74 said:

He was on the December 2nd sailing of the Royal Princess out of Sydney, Australia. I loved when he would play the ukulele and sing.

That's great to hear, thank you for the update on him. 

13 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

This is what used to take place. This video from Golden Princess Oct 8/2009, David Cole Cruise Director. 

Thank you for finding that and posting it. I was just about crying I was laughing so much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Thank you for finding that and posting it. I was just about crying I was laughing so much. 

Thank you @redtop101.  After all these years, it still brings joy and happiness to me when I watch these Crew Directors doing what they do best.  

Today, I don’t think that department is as well manned.  The CD position was divided into front of house CD and back of house ED.  

• Like 3