How's the spa on QM2?

EeyoreRN

Hi, all! 

We are new to Cunard, will be doing a Westbound crossing in July.

We usually book a couple's massage on our cruises, and I'm wondering how you find the treatments and environment on QM2.  We are also considering trying the Thermal Suite. Would that be included with the massage or would we book that separately? Is it a good Thermal Suite?

I appreciate your thoughts and advice!

On the day of the massage the thermal pool is free otherwise you can book a Spa Pass  for specific number of days.

Large pool with hot tub and other facilities . Postings indicate Spa Pass price varies sailing to sailing.

• Like 1

As stated, thermal suite admission is included on the day of massage services.

For just the thermal suite - check the prices on board. We usually find that a three day pass is less expensive than two individual days, and often the price per day is reduced further with more days and longer sailings.

The days need not be used consecutively [skip a day or two], and multiple entries he same day are permitted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deafcruise said:

I have booked couple massage (75 mins) for 2:30 does this mean we will miss the afternoon tea?

Never been on Cunard before, but I believe the tea in the Queen's ballroom is open for about 90 minutes, so if you go directly from your massage to the tea you should make it.

I love thermal spas but after purchasing a pass for my entire cruise last year I wouldn’t do QM2’s again. One or two visits were plenty; it’s small, there are no exterior windows, and it was just a bit lacking somehow. 
 I did have great experiences with a massage and salon services! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, socston said:

I love thermal spas but after purchasing a pass for my entire cruise last year I wouldn’t do QM2’s again. One or two visits were plenty; it’s small, there are no exterior windows, and it was just a bit lacking somehow. 

Was that before the refit in November 23?  I know from videos I've seen it was very run down then, however I think it got freshened up in the refit.  Maybe others who have used it since could clarify?  Good point re windows.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wagtail adventures said:

Was that before the refit in November 23?  I know from videos I've seen it was very run down then, however I think it got freshened up in the refit.  Maybe others who have used it since could clarify?  Good point re windows.

Oh, it was, I was there in Nov of ‘22! I didn’t realize there had been remodeling since then, I rescind my review, lol! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, EeyoreRN said:

Never been on Cunard before, but I believe the tea in the Queen's ballroom is open for about 90 minutes, so if you go directly from your massage to the tea you should make it.

Tea in the Queens room lasts one hour. Tea is also "served" in the buffet, where they might have food available longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, socston said:

I love the thermal suites on other ships, but not QM2. I found it dreary without any natural light. I like to walk in the water to relax my muscles, and QM2's pool is too deep for that. In fact, the time I tried it, I couldn't even stand in it. I'm 5'2" and I had to tread water. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wagtail adventures said:

We went on for a day after her refit and had a look. It is much much better than when we were onboard in the summer. It looked like there was a lot of work done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, socston said:

Small? It is the largest Thermal Pool on any ship that I have ever sailed ore inspected?

• Like 1

There are short videos available from a company that carried out some stainless steel renovations on QM2 last November:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Small? It is the largest Thermal Pool on any ship that I have ever sailed ore inspected?

At the time I was on it, November/December of ‘22 it was the smallest thermal pool compared to other ship spas I’ve used. 
Chart room princess posted a picture above, that’s what it looked like when I was in it. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I love the thermal suites on other ships, but not QM2. I found it dreary without any natural light. I like to walk in the water to relax my muscles, and QM2's pool is too deep for that. In fact, the time I tried it, I couldn't even stand in it. I'm 5'2" and I had to tread water. 

I like to float on my back in them and I couldn’t because there’s not enough room with the bubbly circle in the middle. That should be back in a corner of the pool. And yes, it was deep, I had a hard time getting onto the lounger bed bars, what is that called?, hopefully you know what I mean, lol. I also really disliked the ladders to get in and out, I’m used to steps in thermal pools. 

Edited by socston
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, socston said:

I like to float on my back in them and I couldn’t because there’s not enough room with the bubbly circle in the middle. That should be back in a corner of the pool. And yes, it was deep, I had a hard time getting onto the lounger bed bars, what is that called?, hopefully you know what I mean, lol. I also really disliked the ladders to get in and out, I’m used to steps in thermal pools. 

I'm never sure what to call those loungers in the pool, either. 

The thing I dislike in thermal pools is the shower for massaging back and neck. It splashes everywhere, and I don't use it because I find it uncomfortably forceful. I just want restful bubbles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, socston said:

At the time I was on it, November/December of ‘22 it was the smallest thermal pool compared to other ship spas I’ve used. 
Chart room princess posted a picture above, that’s what it looked like when I was in it. 

That is the photo of the QM2 Thermal Pool.

What ships have a larger one ?

What happened to all the windows in the QM2 spa??   When we were on in Dec, there were about 10 lovely lounge chairs overlooking the promenade with great views in all weather.    You need to walk down the entry hallway past the tea and water service and turn right.  It’s a shame you missed the best part of the QM2’s spa.   Of course there is also the locker rooms, saunas, steam rooms, aroma showers, hot tub and thermal pool.

37 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

What happened to all the windows in the QM2 spa??   When we were on in Dec, there were about 10 lovely lounge chairs overlooking the promenade with great views in all weather.    You need to walk down the entry hallway past the tea and water service and turn right.  It’s a shame you missed the best part of the QM2’s spa.   Of course there is also the locker rooms, saunas, steam rooms, aroma showers, hot tub and thermal pool.

The starboard side 'relaxation lounge' is past the locker room entrances. The Thermal Suite is in the middle with lots of surrounding rooms - no place for windows.

• Like 1