When do I get luggage tags to print?

I just did the check in process for my cruise.  when do I get luggage tags to print?

Do I have to do anything else now?  Just wait?

Any other tings to fill out at a later date?

18 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

I just did the check in process for my cruise.  when do I get luggage tags to print?

At 30 days. On website first page will be link to download your cruise documents. They include luggage tags as last page. Then just print as many of that last page you want or need. They page gets folded to make a strip/luggage tag. I think you have already seen the luggage tag holders on Amazon. I personally think they come in handy and don't have to worry about a paper tag ripping off in transit from dock to cabin. Till the 30 day mark you are good. Just go website at 30 days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DennysDad said:

They page gets folded to make a strip/luggage tag. I think you have already seen the luggage tag holders on Amazon. I personally think they come in handy and don't have to worry about a paper tag ripping off in transit from dock to cabin. 

I copy/paste mine 3 to a page, then I laminate them with my home laminator (a gadget that's useful more often than you'd imagine).  That costs about a dime for three tags.  I attach them with zip ties.  I always put a couple tags on our suitcase, but that's really just paranoia -- they stay on great.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Normally, within a day of check-in, you will get your vacation documents in email. The last page of the document is your luggage tags. 

If you are a frequent cruiser, you can invest in some luggage tag holders. Otherwise, just fold the tags as shown on the form and make sure they are securely fastened to your bags (we used to use clear packing tape to seal the ends). And even with luggage tag holders, we still put a tag on the top handle and the side handle of our bags.  

If you let the baggage porters write out a luggage tag for you at the dock, be very very very careful that they write the correct room number on the tag and that you can clearly read the numbers on the tag. 

• Like 1

I used to do the zip tie trick with packing tape, but now we have the reusable tag holders. One recent cruise I didn't have the holders and one of the tags fell off, so the bag was very late arriving to our cabin. Of course it was my wife's bag that was late, so she was not happy about my cheapness with the zip tie thing.

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Luggage tags will be available when you do bag drop off , you do not have to print anything .

Some of us like the convenience of already being prepared.  One less thing to do at bag check in, which can be crazy at times.  I am not a fan of the "porter scribble" either.  

But to each their own.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I copy/paste mine 3 to a page, then I laminate them with my home laminator (a gadget that's useful more often than you'd imagine).  That costs about a dime for three tags.  I attach them with zip ties.  I always put a couple tags on our suitcase, but that's really just paranoia -- they stay on great.  

Totally agree.  Two tags per bag.  Learned the hard way years ago!  😮  

IMHO...I love my reusable plastic sleeve tags I buy from Amazon, and like you...use those indestructible zip ties.  🙂   I also just reload them with my disembarkation tags when it is time to leave.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Some of us like the convenience of already being prepared.  One less thing to do at bag check in, which can be crazy at times.  I am not a fan of the "porter scribble" either.  

But to each their own.  

Agree. Also a little bit of tradition for us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  Two tags per bag.  Learned the hard way years ago!  😮  

IMHO...I love my reusable plastic sleeve tags I buy from Amazon, and like you...use those indestructible zip ties.  🙂   I also just reload them with my disembarkation tags when it is time to leave.  

We have been using the plastic sleeves for years. They’re great. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Agree. Also a little bit of tradition for us. 

Actually kind of cool to do so...feels like we are really going at that point.  Part of the fun of preparing.  😉 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, island lady said:

But to each their own.  

Save the Waves . no printer   printer cartridges ,lamanator  ,plastic sheets and cable ties x 2  ....  Never had a missed place bag . But each walk this Earth as they please 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Save the Waves . no printer   printer cartridges ,lamanator  ,plastic sheets and cable ties x 2  ....  Never had a missed place bag . But each walk this Earth as they please 

As I already mentioned in my post:  "To each their own".  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hogbay said:

No worries, the ship emissions will offset that. 🙂 More seriously, you've had more luck with bags than we have had!

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:34 AM, DennysDad said:

At 30 days. On website first page will be link to download your cruise documents. They include luggage tags as last page. Then just print as many of that last page you want or need. They page gets folded to make a strip/luggage tag. I think you have already seen the luggage tag holders on Amazon. I personally think they come in handy and don't have to worry about a paper tag ripping off in transit from dock to cabin. Till the 30 day mark you are good. Just go website at 30 days.

The plastic luggage tag holders on Amazon are great. They have a metal ring on them. Not like the cardboard junk on a string at the port. Way less chance of the Amazon ones accidentally falling off and causing lost luggage. Since they are reusable, they also are more environmentally friendly. I recommend two per bag. Top handle and side handle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1